Explorist 210 owners: Help needed!

crockett3663

I'm brand new to this hobby. Actually, I haven't even been out hunting yet. Yesterday I bought a used Magellan Explorist 210 from a young guy in Milwaukee, but I neglected to have him delete his personal POI info and whatnot before I drove off with the unit. Now I'm trying to figure out how to set the darn thing up, and I'm having a bit of difficulty.

If there are any 210 owners out there that could possibly walk me through the process, it would be greatly appreciated. I've got the owner's manual and all, but being so new to the hobby it reads a little greek to me I guess. Thanks again to anyone who can help.

Look in your manual under "Advanced Features #65, and #66" This will show you how to access the file system on your unit while connected to your computer, and let you delete what you fing there. You did get the usb cable, I hope!

Alternately, if you want to really start fresh, you can "clear the memory". Press the menu button, toggle down to "preferences" and then select "Clear Memory" This will reset your unit to the factory settings. This will wipe everything and start fresh. If you do this you will have to set all of your data, and let the unit "find" where it is on the globe. The unit will cycle through screens where you input your language preference, local time, date, etc. See your manual, "Starting Up#, numbers 14 through 18. This is nothing to be afraid of, and will let you start fresh with a unit as fresh as if it came from the factory.

I have the Explorist 500LE, but the operation is the same. There is a bit of a learning curve, but just start slow, and build on each thing you learn as you use it. I am still finding "cool" features with my unit.

Welcome to the fun!

Edited by BC & MsKitty