A trashy cache trip

My wife and I went out the yesterday to take some pictures in some WMAs (Wildlife Management Areas) here in Nebraska, as usual I took my GPSr along, to do some caches in the area in the first area, just after we crossed the bridge going into the area, we spotted a fairly recently placed dead dog, still mostly intact.

Makes me wonder why these people (if I dare call them that) didn't just take the dog to a vet and have it put down instead of driving out of their way to do the deed.

Then after a major tick attack (I am surprised they are out already) we went down to another area a couple of miles away, and saw this.

yuk.jpg

And another dog body, not in as good as shape as the first (use your imagination here).

By now I am getting real ticked off (mildly speaking).

We took some pictures of the area and headed home.

Both of these sites need some serious TLC, I am the only active Geocacher around here. The Game and Parks Commission doesn't have the funds to clean this kind of thing up, and the rest of the people don't care, or so it appears. I need some help to do the job, but I don't know how to go about it. any ideas would be appreciated.

Edited by earthshaker

My wife and I went out the yesterday to take some pictures in some WMAs (Wildlife Management Areas) here in Nebraska, as usual I took my GPSr along, to do some caches in the area in the first area, just after we crossed the bridge going into the area, we spotted a fairly recently placed dead dog, still mostly intact.

Makes me wonder why these people (if I dare call them that) didn't just take the dog to a vet and have it put down instead of driving out of their way to do the deed.

Then after a major tick attack (I am surprised they are out already) we went down to another area a couple of miles away, and saw this.

yuk.jpg

And another dog body, not in as good as shape as the first (use your imagination here).

By now I am getting real ticked off (mildly speaking).

We took some pictures of the area and headed home.

Both of these sites need some serious TLC, I am the only active Geocacher around here. The Game and Parks Commission doesn't have the funds to clean this kind of thing up, and the rest of the people don't care, or so it appears. I need some help to do the job, but I don't know how to go about it. any ideas would be appreciated.

Earthshaker, what part of Nebraska are you in? Which WMA was this?

Thanks.

East Willow Island WMA, 40°51'45.43"N, 100° 2'5.34"W and West Cozad WMA. 40°51'16.73"N, 100° 0'49.60"W

I am from Gothenburg, Dawson County, West Central Nebraska. Sunday I went to test somethings, and went to

Blue Heron WMA, 40°54'58.84"N, 100°10'34.57"W, a good baseball pitcher could hit the local Pizza Hut from here across the interstate, here I found deer legs. A CITO would take a lot of man hours, and a few pickups, I would like to get something going on this problem but I will need lots of help.

East Willow Island WMA, 40°51'45.43"N, 100° 2'5.34"W and West Cozad WMA. 40°51'16.73"N, 100° 0'49.60"W

I am from Gothenburg, Dawson County, West Central Nebraska. Sunday I went to test somethings, and went to

Blue Heron WMA, 40°54'58.84"N, 100°10'34.57"W, a good baseball pitcher could hit the local Pizza Hut from here across the interstate, here I found deer legs. A CITO would take a lot of man hours, and a few pickups, I would like to get something going on this problem but I will need lots of help.

Will move to PMs or email to spare everyone else - which would you prefer?

You could mention this in your regional forums to guage interest. You could also try asking the local Scouting organizations if they need to earn some eco-badges. Or some other such group. Maybe the local probation officers have some people needing to do some community service. You might need to be in some official capacity to get that, but the WMAs might just be in such an official capacity to request that type of help. I'd first ask the people who would be happy doing the work, the latter suggestion might not be all that happy about the job.

Will move to PMs or email to spare everyone else - which would you prefer?

email better

You could mention this in your regional forums to guage interest. You could also try asking the local Scouting organizations if they need to earn some eco-badges. Or some other such group. Maybe the local probation officers have some people needing to do some community service. You might need to be in some official capacity to get that, but the WMAs might just be in such an official capacity to request that type of help. I'd first ask the people who would be happy doing the work, the latter suggestion might not be all that happy about the job.

Eartha I have sent an email to the Game and parks commission, waiting for a reply, I will post a message in the regional forum and see what happens.