GLBT Cachers in WA?

berzerkerscum

I'm sure there will be some that have reservations, but there some that can't get along with anyone or someone in anygroup. As for me and my family, we welcome ALL to the party. The more at the party... the more people to watch <_< I am sure there are some GLBT cacher but I WILL NOT out anyone. Not my job, (singing (poorly)) "we are family..."

Edited by ProjectFred325

I can't speak for the rest of the area, but we're "cacher" friendly.

so, if you're a cacher, we're friendly, regardless of race, creed, religion, or sexual orientation. <_<

Well said.

Best thing to do is come to some of the many events we have in the area. There you will have a chance to see first hand what a warm & welcoming community we have here.

I'm new to geocaching and wondered if there were any ways for gay/gay-friendly cachers to meet up in Seattle or WA state.

There are several gay and lesbian cachers/couples active in the Puget Sound area, and they are just part of our fun caching community.

I'm new to geocaching and wondered if there were any ways for gay/gay-friendly cachers to meet up in Seattle or WA state.

There are several gay and lesbian cachers/couples active in the Puget Sound area, and they are just part of our fun caching community.

Hey,Everybody are just people and are welcomed at any and ALL events. Most are known, maybe some aren't. Just do what "Team Misguided" suggested AND COME TO A Event or 2. A good one coming up is the "Spring Fling 08". You'll see how friendly and non judgemental of a group we truly are ;) !

Hope to see you there. ( BTW, I'm "straight)

Thanks for all the replys to my original posts and the welcomes.

I actually already ASSUMED that most caching groups in our part of the world would be "gay-friendly" and I wouldn't have (and won't) hesitate to attend any general caching group meetings. But it's nice to be specifically welcomed!

What I really meant is that it would be fun to find other local cachers that are also gay (since geocaching seems to be a very social "sport") and I wondered how to best do that.

To better illustrate the intent of my post, an example from another hobby of mine: I ride a scooter and enjoy it most when i go out with members of my gay scooting club, SQREAM -- but i still enjoy riding with and feel welcomed at clubs like the Vespa Club of Seattle also :)

Cheers!

I don't presume to speak for anyone, especially a group I don't belong to (GLBT, not cachers)...but if I were to guess, I'd say that the GLBT people in the area are probably not going to advertise the fact in this forum.

As others have said, come to to some of the events and I'm sure you will make contacts if they are there to be made.

:)

What I really meant is that it would be fun to find other local cachers that are also gay (since geocaching seems to be a very social "sport") and I wondered how to best do that.

As Prying Pandora said, there isn't a gay-specific caching group that we can point you to, but some of the gay/lesbian cachers do read this forum, so hopefully they will contact you privately.

Thanks for all the replys to my original posts and the welcomes.

I actually already ASSUMED that most caching groups in our part of the world would be "gay-friendly" and I wouldn't have (and won't) hesitate to attend any general caching group meetings. But it's nice to be specifically welcomed!

To better illustrate the intent of my post, an example from another hobby of mine: I ride a scooter and enjoy it most when i go out with members of my gay scooting club, SQREAM -- but i still enjoy riding with and feel welcomed at clubs like the Vespa Club of Seattle also ;)

Cheers!

Hey there,

I'm not in Seattle, actually Oregon, but I am gay, I love caching, and I also love both of my Vespas. Come down to Eugene for May Day Scoot (May 2-3-4) and maybe we can do a couple caches as well.

G

Edited by piddlepuddle

I am also gay and not afraid to say so...especially here in Seattle; but the subject never comes up in geocaching...why would it? I don't think it is that no one will admit it, it is just that it doesn't matter what you are as long as you love to cache and are friendly. We share a common passion. The gay people I have met in geocaching is because we kind of guessed each other out! I love the geocaching community and have some great friends that I cache with..even straight ones! :mad: I would also welcome meeting some other gay geocachers just because it would be fun to hang out with family and cache; I do sometimes feel a bit left out when others are caching with their families, but most people let you join in the fun. Kids are great to cache with....they find the caches 'way before adults! At the campout last year, I had a blast hanging with 4FunCampers all day long; I went there alone and wanted to hook up with some others to go caching and they let me join in! Sugar Glider Sweatshop and I cache together whenever we can....and there are others, but it is theirs to comment. It is also sometimes easiest to go caching with others that live near you since you can gather at a moment's notice; and I haven't told them that I am gay, so they might now find out if they read the forums! :mad:

I have a motorcycle and have gone caching several times on it, but I find it a bit dangerous as sometimes I am looking at my GPS when I should be looking at the road, so I am very careful. But it IS joining two of my favorite hobbies.....

So come and join SGS and me sometime...and hey Brodie...you too!