ghost

Has anyone looked at my photo of the "Spirit Light" at W. BR Cemetery in Illinois ? I think it's awesom !!

I mean AWESOME !!

C'mon look at it ! It's a bright coil of light zipping past an old cement headstone. There's ZERO explanation for it !!

Go Look. Be sure to put the space after the W.

Maybe somone could clue me in on leaving a link here ?? Do you just type in the address in your reply box ?

Also why isn't my Avatar showing ?

tu

TeamSeek....

Is it a digital photo or film?

If film, it looks like a scratch on the negative.

The online pic is not good enough for close analysis.

What is the original size?

Do you have shutter speed information? (it is obviously very slow judging from the blur)

What kind of camera was it taken with?

Leaving a link? Not sure exactly what you mean, but assuming you mean put a link in a post, there is an icon just above the text box that looks like a little globe with a paperclip under it. You click that, type in (or better yet, paste) the URL information click OK and in the next box type what you want the link caption to say. Then click OK.

If you roll over the icons it tells you what they do.

If you just added an avatar, you must enter the forums by using the link on the left of the "my account" page... this will update your info on the forums.

It's digital,not film so sans the scratch on the negative thing.The online pic is great and I did ZERO editing.Analysis? Zoom in on it and take a close look. Notice how everything else in the photo is slightly blurred but not the streak of light ? I was moving very slowly when I took the photo and everything that's blurred,trees,headstones etc... are set objects that don't move right? So why is the light thing the only thing in my photo that isn't blurred ? Is it because it was moving too ? My objective in moving and snapping was to capture anything that was moving. I've done my share of ghost/spirit/paranormal etc... research too and there is no logical explanation for the light. It's in front of an old cement headstone,nothing metallic,shiny right? If it was summer I might say Lightning Bug or something similar but it was winter,no bugs,nothing flying around.If the light was higher I might say reflection from a stop sign in the background or something similar but it's low,in front of the headstone with nothing else behind it. I took the photo with a camera that isn't anything special, a Kodak EasyShare Z700. I've taken hundreds if not a thousand photos between my caching pics and my pics for my online store so I know a little bit about taking pictures and more times than not I have to edit. Funny thing is, I didn't have to do any editing to this photo before I posted it. What you see is what it is/was in it's original form. I chose to walk through the cemetery taking photos with my flash off because to me the flash can sometimes make photo subjects appear flat,without dimension. I had just enough natural light left to pull off the no flash thing.You can clearly see that it was almost dark.I've put my photo out here for some answers.I think it's an awesome shot of something unexplainable and you don't have to be an expert to see that it's incredibly interesting and unless that cement headstone has something metallic and/or really shiny attached to it there is no logical explanation for it being there.

Has anyone looked at my photo of the "Spirit Light" at W. BR Cemetery in Illinois ? I think it's awesom !!

I mean AWESOME !!

C'mon look at it ! It's a bright coil of light zipping past an old cement headstone. There's ZERO explanation for it !!

Go Look. Be sure to put the space after the W.

Maybe somone could clue me in on leaving a link here ?? Do you just type in the address in your reply box ?

Also why isn't my Avatar showing ?

tu

TeamSeek....

Is it a digital photo or film?

If film, it looks like a scratch on the negative.

The online pic is not good enough for close analysis.

What is the original size?

Do you have shutter speed information? (it is obviously very slow judging from the blur)

What kind of camera was it taken with?

Leaving a link? Not sure exactly what you mean, but assuming you mean put a link in a post, there is an icon just above the text box that looks like a little globe with a paperclip under it. You click that, type in (or better yet, paste) the URL information click OK and in the next box type what you want the link caption to say. Then click OK.

If you roll over the icons it tells you what they do.

If you just added an avatar, you must enter the forums by using the link on the left of the "my account" page... this will update your info on the forums.

It's digital,not film so sans the scratch on the negative thing.The online pic is great and I did ZERO editing.Analysis? Zoom in on it and take a close look. Notice how everything else in the photo is slightly blurred but not the streak of light ? I was moving very slowly when I took the photo and everything that's blurred,trees,headstones etc... are set objects that don't move right? So why is the light thing the only thing in my photo that isn't blurred ? Is it because it was moving too ? My objective in moving and snapping was to capture anything that was moving. I've done my share of ghost/spirit/paranormal etc... research too and there is no logical explanation for the light. It's in front of an old cement headstone,nothing metallic,shiny right? If it was summer I might say Lightning Bug or something similar but it was winter,no bugs,nothing flying around.If the light was higher I might say reflection from a stop sign in the background or something similar but it's low,in front of the headstone with nothing else behind it. I took the photo with a camera that isn't anything special, a Kodak EasyShare Z700. I've taken hundreds if not a thousand photos between my caching pics and my pics for my online store so I know a little bit about taking pictures and more times than not I have to edit. Funny thing is, I didn't have to do any editing to this photo before I posted it. What you see is what it is/was in it's original form. I chose to walk through the cemetery taking photos with my flash off because to me the flash can sometimes make photo subjects appear flat,without dimension. I had just enough natural light left to pull off the no flash thing.You can clearly see that it was almost dark.I've put my photo out here for some answers.I think it's an awesome shot of something unexplainable and you don't have to be an expert to see that it's incredibly interesting and unless that cement headstone has something metallic and/or really shiny attached to it there is no logical explanation for it being there.

I blew up the "ghost light" as much as I could and still see any detail.

It is very interesting. It seems to have some text associated with it too.

My guess would be a double exposure or memory error. Not sure how either could happen.

3a495495-e19b-4694-9d94-af2cc8be266b.jpg

Bear with me here ok? You say 'it seems to have some text associated with it too." What does that mean exactly? You asked me earlier about shutter speed and you assume my shutter speed was slow? Correct me if I'm wrong but if your shutter speed is slow doesn't that mean a long exposure and doesn't a long exposure cause semi transparent images ? The camera becomes slow to take in the whole subject and it's depth/dimension thus producing ghostly,ethereal images ? My 'image' is clear,clearer than anything else in the photo. It doesn't belong and if my shutter speed was fast then 'it' was fast right ? The faster the shutter speed the shorter the exposure time right?

'Memory error?' What does that mean? 'Double exposure?' Isn't that an image on top of an image? I took maybe 40 photos during the time I took this one and this was the only one with the light.

Face it.The 'thing',whatever it is,whizzed by just in time for me to capture it.

I'll wait for a logical explanation.Until then,it's unexplained.

thanks

I doubt that anything i might say is going to convince you that this streak is not paranormal. I'm OK with that. For myself, i like to VERY DEEPLY consider physical explanations before accepting the supernatural. I am a Razor fan (Occam's Razor that is.)

At this time, "unexplained" is a proper analysis.

The "text" I refer to is the apparent letters in the image faintly apparent in my blowup. These are probably just a visual misinterpretation of the pixels in the gross enlargement.

To me, that is more "unexplainable" than the streak itself.

I am thinking perhaps the memory card did not get overwritten totally from a previous picture, that would perhaps cause random streaks or misread pixels in the digital data.

No true analysis can be done with pix uploaded to this site because the site modifies them. The stray pixels (not the streak) could be from GC resizing and deletion of header data from the jpg.

"Double exposure" could happen when the CCD was not totally discharged between pictures. This is especially plausible in conditions where pictures were taken in rapid sequence as you indicated is the case here.

It might help analysis if the last few pictures before this one were also available for analysis.

Again, I'm not an expert by any means, but I would like to pursue an analysis if you are willing to send me the originals.

The online pic is great and I did ZERO editing.Analysis? Zoom in on it and take a close look. Notice how everything else in the photo is slightly blurred but not the streak of light ? I was moving very slowly when I took the photo and everything that's blurred,trees,headstones etc... are set objects that don't move right? So why is the light thing the only thing in my photo that isn't blurred ? Is it because it was moving too ? My objective in moving and snapping was to capture anything that was moving.
I'm not sure I understand how moving while taking a picture will capture moving objects in the shot. It seems to me your movement would help obscure the movement.

As to an analysis of the picture:

Notice that the line of the light is the same length and angle as the rest of the blurring in the picture? The mystery light was a light in the background of the shot that you didn't notice while you were there. It simply "streaked" at the same rate and angle as everything else did as you moved. It seems sharper because your camera picked up more light from it than from anything else in the shot.

3a495495-e19b-4694-9d94-af2cc8be266b.jpg

290b2f16-6330-439d-b3b0-920fad9495d4.jpg

It shows up best in the full shot, probably even better in the original, unaltered-by-the-website, version, but notice the similarity.

A fun shot, though.

Edited by Too Tall John

TeamSeekAndWeShallFind,

You are right and everyone else is wrong... just like any thread you are involved with.

soapbox.gif

Personally, I think it's a hair... since well, there is no such thing as a ghost. Never was, never will be. Odd natural scientific occurrences not yet explained, sure... ghosts, no.

There's a ghost in this unedited photo, can you find it?

ghost.jpg

Edited by XopherN71

since well, there is no such thing as a ghost. Never was, never will be.

Shall I bow down now? Because you must be the knower of all things to make a comment like that. Let me guess, the all-knowing scientists who change their theories on a regular basis know everything, right? I've experienced some very strange, unexplainable stuff, but your comment to this thread has changed my opinions. If you said it, it must be true after all :drama:

There was a ghost (or something) not seen, but photographed, at our Aldridge cache down here in east Texas. We had heard that this site was haunted but never saw anything out of the norm ourselves. Well, except for that one time when we encountered the 50° air at one of the entrances on an 80°+ summer day.

Here's a link straight to the log with a picture:

Aldridge log!

There was a ghost (or something) not seen, but photographed, at our Aldridge cache down here in east Texas. We had heard that this site was haunted but never saw anything out of the norm ourselves. Well, except for that one time when we encountered the 50° air at one of the entrances on an 80°+ summer day.

Aldridge log!

That is a pretty spooky pic! I wish I could see a larger picture. It looks like there is some other bluish stuff at about the same height toward the left side of the photo.

Pretty cool though! :D

Edit.. Now that I'm looking again, I wonder if it could be some blue graffitti on that column. *sigh* Hopefully it is a ghost!

That place they're at looks like it should be a good haunt! I wouldn't be there at night! :drama:

Edited by redtech

since well, there is no such thing as a ghost. Never was, never will be.

Shall I bow down now? Because you must be the knower of all things to make a comment like that. Let me guess, the all-knowing scientists who change their theories on a regular basis know everything, right? I've experienced some very strange, unexplainable stuff, but your comment to this thread has changed my opinions. If you said it, it must be true after all :D

Take offense much? I guess I should have used an emoticon... :drama:

Feel free to bow down, however it's not required. Taking things like that less seriously however, would be nice.

Edited by XopherN71

Aldridge log!

Some comments on this pic:

2a04b45e-5331-43ea-af09-9c10e2d15cc1.jpg

The red lines and arrow are of course my additions.

Arrow points to some text similar to what was seen in the TeamSeek photo. is this graffiti? If so, it would support redtech's postulation.

Both the real person and the apparition appear to be very close to the coloums, therefore the perspective can be assumed to be the same. Assuming that the arches are the same height and assuming that the person on the left is of average stature, the apparition would be a GIANT. I would estimate his height at at about 8'. he is nearly as tall as the top of the arches.

Indeed a strange picture but i think it is more likely an illusion than an apparition.

I would like to have a copy of the original to evaluate.

The bakery demon:

I shot this picture to show an antenna located on a commercial bakery building which was believed to be involved in RF interference (later ruled out). I did not see the apparition until i looked at the picture (see arrow)

I have a good explanation for it. Anyone want to guess? it was taken at about 1/2 hour before sunset 1-19-08 18:18 EST on a clear, sunny day. Camera was Panasonic DMC-FZ8 in automatic mode. F5.6 1/250 flash disabled. Original size 3072/2304

Even with a good rational explanation of the pic, it is still cool. if one has pix of cool phenomena, one should not be afraid to have it analyzed. I doubt a picture is going to seriously change anyone's world view.

Full pic.

5c7c1fb8-ca3d-4b69-b7d0-8c753aa8f297.jpg

Cropped:

5dfb49b1-2aa3-44d8-ada9-e70a8ec0e521.jpg

TeamSeekAndWeShallFind,

You are right and everyone else is wrong... just like any thread you are involved with.

soapbox.gif

Personally, I think it's a hair... since well, there is no such thing as a ghost. Never was, never will be. Odd natural scientific occurrences not yet explained, sure... ghosts, no.

There's a ghost in this unedited photo, can you find it?

ghost.jpg

At first glance, she appears to be a real girl of about 8 yrs of age but after enhancing the photo with GhosOuter® photo investigation software, i see that the apparition is in reality a rare manifestation of Elvis in an earlier life in which he was the daughter of a reincarnated gnat on the west bank of the Licking River (one of only two rivers in the world that flow North, - the other is the Nile- not counting of course the St. Johns)

This is a VERY convincing picture!

My Birthday was a few days ago, my friends threw a surprise party with cake and balloons and the whole nine yards! I brought the balloons home and they floated to the ceiling. Brthday was Monday...one of the balloons somehow became free of the rest (4 other balloons), but all were floating to the ceiling in a bunch...until...

Last night while watching TV, the group of ballons minus the single balloon started floating across the room. They floated down to the floor, then back up to about head high as they floated all the way across the room about 20" or so. (as if someone was pulling them) They floated over to the stairs and then turned and went back a bit before dropping low and then going back to the ceiling and into the highest corner of the house, where they hung for another minute or so...total time it took to move across the room was about 2 minutes!

The balloons then came back down and headed for the stairs again. They hovered about child's head high at the foot of the stairs like they were going to go up, then they did start up. That's when I got up and walked over to them. I did the magician's wave of the hands checking for any "wires", the balloons didn't move. I stood there for a second or two, but nothing, so I sat back down, moving slowly so as not to cause a stir to the air. After about a minute, the balloons followed me toward my chair, dropped sown low and then raised up to the ceiling again before stoppoing...hovering about child's head high in the middle of the room!

NOW...the single balloon NEVER moved, not even a bit! There are no windows open in my house, no fans (ceiling or otherwise) are on and no breeze or "current" moving through the house...what caused these balloons to move like this?? total movement time from start to where they stopped moving but continued to hover was about 6 minutes or so. This morning, the single balloon is all the way across the floor and on the floor (still inflated, just no raise in them as the helium likely has lost it's lift)...the group of balloons is on the floor below where they started the whole move!

Any ideas???

With 2 little kids in the house, we seem to always have balloons. (In fact, little shaver just turned 2 last week so we've still got a foil one floating around)

I've noticed that as helium balloons start to lose their juice, they hover at different heights. Static also pulls balloons.

Has your area been really dry? You could have a lot of static in your house.

Thats how I would explain it. Hopefully it was a ghost messing with you though. ;)

My Birthday was a few days ago, my friends threw a surprise party with cake and balloons and the whole nine yards! I brought the balloons home and they floated to the ceiling. Brthday was Monday...one of the balloons somehow became free of the rest (4 other balloons), but all were floating to the ceiling in a bunch...until...

Last night while watching TV, the group of ballons minus the single balloon started floating across the room. They floated down to the floor, then back up to about head high as they floated all the way across the room about 20" or so. (as if someone was pulling them) They floated over to the stairs and then turned and went back a bit before dropping low and then going back to the ceiling and into the highest corner of the house, where they hung for another minute or so...total time it took to move across the room was about 2 minutes!

The balloons then came back down and headed for the stairs again. They hovered about child's head high at the foot of the stairs like they were going to go up, then they did start up. That's when I got up and walked over to them. I did the magician's wave of the hands checking for any "wires", the balloons didn't move. I stood there for a second or two, but nothing, so I sat back down, moving slowly so as not to cause a stir to the air. After about a minute, the balloons followed me toward my chair, dropped sown low and then raised up to the ceiling again before stoppoing...hovering about child's head high in the middle of the room!

NOW...the single balloon NEVER moved, not even a bit! There are no windows open in my house, no fans (ceiling or otherwise) are on and no breeze or "current" moving through the house...what caused these balloons to move like this?? total movement time from start to where they stopped moving but continued to hover was about 6 minutes or so. This morning, the single balloon is all the way across the floor and on the floor (still inflated, just no raise in them as the helium likely has lost it's lift)...the group of balloons is on the floor below where they started the whole move!

Any ideas???

I think it's time to call TAPS

I don't believe in ghosts, but...

Ladebear68 and I were caching in an Atlanta cemetery late one night.

I had just spotted the cache on the fence when she lets out a yelp and takes off at a dead run for the car.

I signed the log and noticed that it was exactly midnight.

Got back to the car, she's locked in, curled up in her seat with her coat over her head!

She swears that she saw a crypt lid move! ;)

I look at my GPS to head for the next cache... it's totally dead! :D

Had to go to Wally-Whirled and buy a new one to continue the weekend. :D

A dependable 60CSx dies at midnight in a graveyard when she swears she saw a crypt lid move?

You decide! :D

I had just spotted the cache on the fence when she lets out a yelp and takes off at a dead run for the car.

Got back to the car, she's locked in, curled up in her seat with her coat over her head!

A dependable 60CSx dies at midnight in a graveyard when she swears she saw a crypt lid move?

Ghosts... they put the "G" in GPS!

Ghosts... they put the "G" in GPS!

i thought the G meant Global???

Nice reading. i don't belive in ghosts even though I've seen two, but one incident I was never able to explain happened many years ago, Dad raised hogs "free range" and one night I went down and fed them, must have been about 30 hogs there. I put the feed out and I'm outside the pen leaning on the gate watching them when they suddenly "exploded" into a full run in every direction, as if there were something in the middle that they had to escape at all costs. They were running full speed into the gate and the fences, bouncing off and running again until they all ended up at the far end of the lot, as far from the feed as they could get, and they refused to return at all that night.

Now just what was it that was able to frighten 30 hungry pigs away from their dinner for the night? I saw and heard nothing.

Moving thread to "The Hunt / The Unusual" forum. Because ghost sightings are "unusual".

Participants are reminded that the opening post asked about ghost sightings WHILE GEOCACHING. Please remain on topic.

Pure discussions of the supernatural ought to take place in the Off Topic forum.

I don't know if this was a ghost...but it was still creepy. We went caching yesterday and one brought us to a very old cemetery that was in the middle of the woods. My brother's cell phone was not working so he borrowed my Mom's tracfone before he left. He decided to lay down and look at the sky for bit while the rest of us were on a bench looking at the swag, deciding what to trade, and waiting for a turn to sign the log.

When it was his turn I called over to him so he could sign the log. As he made his way over the phone rang. It was locked so he had trouble answering but got it. As he was talking he had a disturbed look on his face and then a scared one. Turns out it was a 911 operator. :) She said she had a call come in on that phone. He told her that he didn't call and that he was sorry and she said it was okay it happens often.

We were a little shaken and he had to try to unlock the phone again to look at the call log. When we found the last call it was for "08" my Mom doesn't use speed dial and did not save 911 or any emergency number anywhere in the phone. I have been running through the possible causes but I haven't found any that could match up. I thought maybe he bumped it just enough to unlock the phone but the keys on the phone are hard to push when you are intentionally unlocking.

Maybe it was a ghost, maybe not but it was still a creepy experience.

Interesting thread! We recently obtained permission from an author to hide some caches based on her stories. She travels around our state interviewing witnesses of unexplained events, including ghost stories. We'll be hiding two caches: One based on a tale of ghosts in a graveyard and another on mysterious orbs of light in a forest.