3000th 4 DrSolly and 1000 caches in 101 days

Just thought that was some interesting figures and as it was one of my caches, I thought I'd be the first to say well done mate. Here's to the next 1000 caches, wonder if you can do it any quicker? I am amazed!

Here the link to the log

It's logs like these that makes setting caches FUN!

Thanks

The Crazy Muppet Fraggle

I could have done "one more cache" on the previous day, but we decided that we wanted to do number 3000 together. So, 1000 in 100 days shouldn't be impossible, especially now that the clocks have gone forward.

Thanks to all the people who set caches; interesting and awkward, quick and difficult, drive-by and three mile walk. And thanks to all the people who have bailed us out with a PAF when the problems looked insurmountable.

A great effort- many congratulations! With the rate you do, it is impressive that you don't revert to the cut and paste standardised log notes which is unfortunately too prevalent. Also you don't shy away from harder caches, although I must say I was a bit disappointed that Z is for Zitting was not your 3,000th- expect you are saving this for find 4,000 in about 2 months time :unsure: Be sure to claim the fastest 0-3000 record as well as updating your fastest 1,000 2,000 and the fastest 3000 record!!

I was very happy to have been along for some of these. Well done Alan and Susan, both on the mighty numbers and the prodigious speed! I'm sure Solly will know if his 101 days is a record (he'll have a little computer programme to work it out!) and if not, what is the record, and does he have an ETA for beating it? :unsure::(:)

I was very happy to have been along for some of these. Well done Alan and Susan, both on the mighty numbers and the prodigious speed! I'm sure Solly will know if his 101 days is a record (he'll have a little computer programme to work it out!) and if not, what is the record, and does he have an ETA for beating it? :) :) :)

I modified the little program I wrote for working out the last records. No, 101 days isn't a record. The record forfastest 1000, is 99 days, so I did beat the 100. :-)

I've also raised the fastest 2000, fastest 3000 and fastest 0-3000. I've emailed Mongoose.

I don't have an ETA for beating any of those, because that depends on so many other things, like whether our impending relocation has a negative (or positive) effect, and on how much "work" interferes with caching (I had to take several days off caching a little while ago to deal with an unexpected whoopsie).

A great effort- many congratulations! With the rate you do, it is impressive that you don't revert to the cut and paste standardised log notes which is unfortunately too prevalent. Also you don't shy away from harder caches, although I must say I was a bit disappointed that Z is for Zitting was not your 3,000th- expect you are saving this for find 4,000 in about 2 months time :) Be sure to claim the fastest 0-3000 record as well as updating your fastest 1,000 2,000 and the fastest 3000 record!!

Some caches are rather ho-hum, and they do get a minimal log. But on pretty much every outing, there's at least one that stands out, sometimes because I've made soime spectacular blunder, or because the cache is a great cache, or because for whetever reason, there's a good story to tell about that doing of that cache. I enjoy writing those logs, and I'm glad some people enjoy reading them.

I wouldn't do Zitting for a milestone, because ladysolly wouldn't want to do that particular cache.