1st cache find

Finn&Blue

Hi, I'm a new GPSer and tried looking for first geocache yesterday with my duaghter. We were exited when we started, but tried to find 2 and were unsuccesful.

Ant tips?

Do as much "pre-game" work as you can.

Read the description, look it up on Google Maps.

If it's a no go after that (or if you are just getting into it),

read all of the logs for that cache and read the hint.

If all else fails, you can probably email the hider for another clue. :lol:

Hi, I'm a new GPSer and tried looking for first geocache yesterday with my duaghter. We were exited when we started, but tried to find 2 and were unsuccesful.

Ant tips?

Welcome to the Forums! :lol:

The biggest tip I can give is to look for caches that are a "Regular" or "Large" size with a Difficulty of "1.5" or less. Also, caches hidden along walking or hiking trails are usually a lot easier to find than urban caches that have to be cleverly-cammoed to survive very long.

Small, and micro containers can be very elusive for a new cacher . . .

Hi, I'm a new GPSer and tried looking for first geocache yesterday with my daughter. We were excited when we started, but tried to find 2 and were unsuccessful.

Any tips?

We're new at this too and having a great time. Make sure you're looking at EASY caches to start with. Maybe 1 star difficulty and 1-2 star terrain. Also, I would avoid the micro category for a little while--some of those are teeny tiny and although the standard micro hides will become easier with time, until you get used to them, they're tricky for newbies.

Have fun! My two children love treasure hunting!