What Gives with this Cache?

kattman

I E-mailed the last to find it and got a hint, But after 6 tries I sure its not the rating as described is wrong,

The last logger was the owner !!!

What gives as i see that most of his/her Caches are archived!

The Cache Is GCP7QE , should I send flowers ?

I E-mailed the last to find it and got a hint, But after 6 tries I sure its not the rating as described is wrong,

I'm guessing the cache is not there. After so many DNF's, the owner should check on it. I would email the owner and ask that he/she check on the cache and verify that it is still there. If you do not get a response from the owner, request that the cache be archived.

But the Cache owner check on the cache a few days ago, and posted a DNF! Shoudn't He ?

The owner only posted a note, not a DNF. However he should have been more detailed in what he was trying to say.

"March 29 by thefabfive (301 found)

I went by after the log stating the micro was replaced by a decon and didn't see it anywhere.'

I didn't understand this note. Is he trying to say the cache is still the original micro or that it is gone completly...

It SOUNDS like the cache is gone. If I were you I would post a "Needs Archived" log to the cache page.

I am reluctant to do so myself as I have not looked for the cache. You have been there. If you are reasonably sure that the cache is missing post the SBA. If you aren't comfortable with that contact the local reviewer through their profile on the cache page.

Has the owner responded to you yet? I'd wait until after I heard back from them before I got button happy.

A should be archived log is for caches that have a severe problem (missing, destroyed, inaccessible, or on private property without permission). A SBA log gets routed it to a local reviewer who decides what to do. This cache has had a lot of reviewer attention over the years.

This one may or may not be missing.

Most of the DNFs are by folks with a low number of finds showing in their account, the other two were made by the cache owner and an out-of-towner. The owner's note isn't very clear--could he not find anything were he hid the cache, or could he not find the decon container?

I didn't notice any logs from you on the page. Have you looked for the cache? If so, it's a good idea to post a DNF--if twenty other cachers have looked for that cache (yes, even if they are newer cachers!) and not found it, that adds weight to the case for it being missing.

Some of the find logs say the cacher had looked several times before they found it. (Here's the text from one of those):

:lol: May 25, 2007 by Elkie (146 found)

We have been to this cache 4 times over the past couple of years and searched and searched with no success. I was so mad at myself when I went with pntball to pick it up on 5/9 and found out where it was! I must have stood right next to it several times!!! DUH I'm glad to finally be able to check this one off. TFTC

Since the cache owner has logged into gc recently I'd wait a week to see if you hear from them. If they don't reply to you, then I'd probably just go ahead and email the local reviewer directly. If you've been to the cache site, let them know what you saw there and that the owner hasn't gotten back to you. You could also post a "should be archived" log with the details--either way will get the information to the reviewer. I wouldn't post a "should be archived" unless I had actually been to the location.

The "needs archived" log type is NOT evil. Its only purpose is to alert the reviewer to the fact that something may be wrong. The reviewer will take what action he/she feels is required. If you are uncomfortable with publicly alerting the reviewer just go ahead and contact him/her through their profile. Really the only difference between "need archive" and "needs maintenance" is the the first one alerts the reviewer and the second doesn't.