Volunteers needed - Geocaching Basis 101

Old Navy

The Essex County Environmental Center is hosting an Earth Day Celebration, Saturday April 19th, from 11 am to 4pm. Northern New Jersey cachers (NNJC) will be participating in the Earth Day celebration with a Introduction to Geocaching 101 demonstration table. Experienced geocachers, your assistance is needed. We like to pair participants with a volunteer to head out on the trail. We will be setting up a couple of temporary caches to demonstrate various hides and containers. Please offer any help you can to make this event successful, and teach potiential new geocachers. You can reply on the cache page or email me if you are interested. Everyone is welcome to come out and enjoy in the Earth Day Celebration. Thanks, Old Navy

event: GC1A7WW ESSEX COUNTY EARTH DAY GEOCACHING BASICS 101

Cache Page link

The Earth day celebration will include lots of activities: Canoe the passaic river with the West Essex park Conservancy, Essex County Nature photographers, NJ woodturner asso. to discover woodturning, Essex county beekeepers with a beehive, the Butterfly guy, Turtle Back Zoo animals, NJ Audubon Society with a birding hike, rock climbing wall, face painting and crafts. Bring the kinds, check into the NNJC table and get a smiley!! Enjoy Old Navy

I passed on the information about the event to Kathy Galione. She runs the Rockland County NY Americorps Program. Americorps is made up of volunteers who work over the summer doing environmental work in the county-anything from education, trailwork, steam clean up, etc. She is also working on another program in conjunction with the county health department. They are training volunteers as docents to lead informational walks/hikes in the parks in Rockland County to try to get people out and using the parks.

I will be in Florida the weekend of the event otherwise I would come and help out, but you might get some of the docents or Americorps members stopping by to learn about geocaching. :mad: