Player Release 04/4/08

OpinioNate

Build 2.0.5016.3851

Instructions:

1. Copy cab file to the pocket pc
  2. Click on the cab file on the pocket pc to install

The following fixes have been made in the current release:

• If distance is < 5 miles show 2 decimal places
  • When choosing settings and then clicking ok the first time, the app would error out with a null cartridge folder and an xml Error. Fixed to apply the default folder from my documents when no config file exists
  • "Wandering" and "Here" label not set properly on the main screen
  • Fixed version of the ZonesEngine.dll, previous version broke dynamic zone creation

Thanks for any feedback!

Edited by OpinioNate

I can't install latest release of the player on my PPC (FSC Loox C550 with WM5). The installation hangs with the "hour glass" spinning and spinning and nothing happens (the next should be the question whether the installation should be on SD-CARD or on device). Removal of previous version shows no success either.

The version 2.0.4927.3967 and previous versions works fine.

Does anybody has the same problem? And do you know a solution?

Thanks in advance,

hihatzz

I remember having a problem with removing a version for some reason or other. I went into the programs directory and deleted everything to do with Wherigo. I think I installed that same version after deleting the files, removed that, then installed the newer version. Pocket PC was never seemed to be that good with handling upgrades and uninstalling programs.

Thanks, Ranger Fox!!

That worked! After removing the (empty) cartridge folder in MyDocuments and the folder in Programs (containing the wigconfig.config) the installer did not hang but reported an error.

But I renamed the PlayerInstall.CAB to PlayerInstall_2.0.5004.4972.CAB, so I did undo the rename and it worked.

Thanks again!

hihatzz

Keep that file wherever you installed it. Pocket PC will need it to uninstall the player when it's time to upgrade. If you don't have it and named the same, you'll face this problem again. You may face it, anyway, but the chance is less.

Have fun!

I don't understand which file?

Do you mean the .CAB file? I need it for uninstall? I always deleted this file after installation.

Bets regards,

hihatzz

Do you mean the .CAB file? I need it for uninstall? I always deleted this file after installation.

Yes, that one. I remember deleting it one time from my Pocket PC for some program or other. When I tried removing the program, it had problems because that file was not there. It seemed to be the same on my device for the Wherigo player, so I have made sure to leave it alone after experiencing the same problem again. The OS just seemed to be fickle that way. Perhaps it was trying to save space by just referencing the installation CAB instead of storing the uninstall information itself.

(This bulletin has been translated with Babel Fish. My excuses for possible errors)

My 'Wherigo Cache'-cartridge works very well under the player of 7 March. After installation of the player of 4 April the first location is no longer reflected (moreover I have never tried the version of 27 March). Fortunately I had still kept the version of 4 March. I offer this now with a link in the description of the geocache page.

I hope of course that my cartridge can be also always played on the newest version of the player.

In de emulator of newest version of the builder (27 March) the same problem appears. In the emulator of 7 March the cartidge works very well.

My cartridge: Bunnikse Dorpscache

My divice: HTC TyTN II.

Furthermore I want ask Wherigo.com to make new software versions recognizable to people who had signed in for the mailing list.

Edited by Geinponem