Crooks Peak

After two and a bit years caching we are now slowly approaching the 1K cache. Some people know but for those that don't, every milestone cache for us has been in the presence of other cachers so we couldn't possibly do the 1K without continuing the tradition.

So the next question was who do we ask to join us....and the answer was simple....lets just ask everyone! So here's your invite to join us on our 1K milestone cache.

Date:- 26th April 08

Cache:- Crooks Peak

Time:- TBC

Doesn't matter if you've done it before or not....I think I selected a cache everyone would enjoy even a second time round.

(Thinking of holding an event later on in the day too)

Sarah, Gareth, Bethany, Iwan and Whizz

oh...I guess we'd better crack on and find the next 25 in the meantime :o

We'll try and meet up for Only a Hill, as we've done Crook's Peak (and a fine cache it was too). Many people are heading over here to do Wye Valley Ghost Train for a big milestone though, as it's something a bit special. :unsure:

Ohh yes, but best done on the hottest day of the year, like when I did this one.

Mark

Ok so here's the plan....

Meeting at the parking for Only a Hill at 10.15am for a 10.30am start.

We'll pick up the Multi's waypoints on the way up but head for Crooks Peak first. Making that the Mob's 999 cache.

Then we'll pick up Only a Hill as our 1K cache.....but in true Morgan Mob style anything can happen on the day so expect to go with the flow!

Afterwards we have arranged a very informal meet 1001? from 1pm.

You are of course welcome to do either the walk, the pub or both.

We're looking forward to it!

Sarah, Gareth, Beth, Iwan and Whizz (I do need to check Dog arrangements for the pub but there is a beer garden)

Only...6 to go!!!

Hi MM

I am hoping to be able to join you ... I did 'Only the Hill' in June 2005 and went to Crooks Peak at the same time, but that was before there was a cache there, so I need a good excuse to revisit.

It was a very hot day when we did it (and we took our time/admired the view etc), but if I recall correctly it took us a few hours to do the round trip .... so hope we will be ok with your timings.

Only me for the walk, but Paradiddle may be able to join us in the pub later.

Excellent...so it looks like we got ourselves a little gathering :mad:

Does everyone think 2.5hours is enough to do the walk? I was just guessing!!

Sarah

5 miles should be no problem in 2.5 hours even with your young'uns. Remember, unlike us youthful geocachers, Maple Leaf is getting on in years and her memory's probably playing tricks happy-smiley-614.gif

The Blorenges are firming up on this one ... MrsB's up for the walk (weather permitting - I'm definitely a "fair-weather" cacher when it comes to exposure to wind and rain on the top of high hills). MrB plans to go off bird-watching somewhere nearby but will come back to the Pub for lunch.

That's the plan... but anything can happen.

Have you requested decent weather, Morgan Mob?

MrsB :unsure: