Caches Along a Route

BRTango

Is anyone else having a problem uploading .kml files for caches along a route?

I've created a route using google maps and have tried several times to upload it in order to create a PQ. However, after uploading (no errors) no route appears.

Any help would be appreciated.

We were use a third party as part of the process for generating your route Pocket Queries and they decided to halt support without warning. Our dev managed to come up with a solution so everything is back up and running. I'm very sorry for any inconvenience this caused.

We were use a third party as part of the process for generating your route Pocket Queries and they decided to halt support without warning. Our dev managed to come up with a solution so everything is back up and running. I'm very sorry for any inconvenience this caused.

It's still causing problems. I have just tried several times, on two different browsers, and I'm getting the same symptoms -- no upload happens when I click [upload].

<tap, tap> Hello... anybody there? A major feature that was under repair apparently still isn't working well.

After browsing for a KML file and clicking [upload], absolutely nothing happens. I've tried clearing cookies, changing browsers, etc.

[edited out a repeated word]

Edited by Urubu

The Upload of KML files as Routes is still not working. I've been trying for several hours now. Click the upload button and nothing, no errors, just blank. Ive tried IE and Firefox!!

I need this!! Im going on a trip Weds. Arghhhhhh!!! :rolleyes:

I want to be able to help you but when I upload a .KML it works perfectly. If you tell me your start and ending points I could create a .KML for you and upload it to your account. Email it to me if you want to keep your trip quiet.

The Upload of KML files as Routes is still not working. I've been trying for several hours now. Click the upload button and nothing, no errors, just blank. Ive tried IE and Firefox!!

I need this!! Im going on a trip Weds. Arghhhhhh!!! :rolleyes:

I still have the problem if I use a .kml file created by anything other than Google Eart or Mapsource.

If I use one of those, I can upload with no problem. Not sure why nothing else works.

I need this!! Im going on a trip Weds. Arghhhhhh!!! :mad:

I want to be able to help you but when I upload a .KML it works perfectly. If you tell me your start and ending points I could create a .KML for you and upload it to your account. Email it to me if you want to keep your trip quiet.

Yeah I using Google Earth to create the kml files. ok, please try Rogers, AR to Fort Smith, AR

I still have the problem if I use a .kml file created by anything other than Google Eart or Mapsource.

If I use one of those, I can upload with no problem. Not sure why nothing else works.

Aha! That's a good clue. I was having upload trouble with a KML file created from Google Maps. (the procedure is: get directions; modify route manually; add &output=kml to the end of the URL; save resulting file).

I just did an experiment with a route from the White House to Gettysburg.

• Here is KML file M, straight from Google Maps.
  • Here is KML file E, which I got by opening file M in Google Earth and then doing a "Save as KML". That is, E is just a version of M that I filtered through Google Earth.

If I browse and select file M, absolutely nothing happens when I click [upload]. On the other hand, if I browse and select file E, everything works normally and I can build the PQ.

I don't know what subtle difference is causing the two very similar KML files to behave differently, but maybe this is a good clue about the problems that some folks are having.

Aha! That's a good clue. I was having upload trouble with a KML file created from Google Maps. (the procedure is: get directions; modify route manually; add &output=kml to the end of the URL; save resulting file).

I just did an experiment with a route from the White House to Gettysburg.

• Here is KML file M, straight from Google Maps.
  • Here is KML file E, which I got by opening file M in Google Earth and then doing a "Save as KML". That is, E is just a version of M that I filtered through Google Earth.

If I browse and select file M, absolutely nothing happens when I click [upload]. On the other hand, if I browse and select file E, everything works normally and I can build the PQ.

I don't know what subtle difference is causing the two very similar KML files to behave differently, but maybe this is a good clue about the problems that some folks are having.

Thanks I tried it this way and got it to work!!