Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
earthshaker

Icom IC-2200h/NMEA (serial) GPSr

Has anyone here hooked up a NMEA gpsr to the IC2200h?, I made an heck of a repeater deal, given to me, I traded it for my new Icom. But of course being a typical radio guy the "new rig" is in my shack and my old IC2100H, is in the mobile. If you know of anyone that has hooked up the 2100 to a gpsr let me know? I may try it after a few months.

KCØQNB

Has anyone here hooked up a NMEA gpsr to the IC2200h?, I made an heck of a repeater deal, given to me, I traded it for my new Icom. But of course being a typical radio guy the "new rig" is in my shack and my old IC2100H, is in the mobile. If you know of anyone that has hooked up the 2100 to a gpsr let me know? I may try it after a few months.

KCØQNB

you need a GPS with a serial plug output. I would guess any of the serial plug ones will surport nmea out. not sure what's on the back of that radio. but you only need 2 wires to make it work. might even be a 9 pin serial connection on the back, in which case just plug it in. if it's a srcrew on connector / terminal. just cut a seral cable. and connect to the radio plug. you'll want the wires from pins 2 and 5 of the serial plug.

Edited by Smac999

Actually even the new GPSr , most anyway, even with a USB connection can communicate via serial NMEA through a translator, I read this on Garmins site. The 2200h has a 2.5mm "stereo" jack on the back to facilitate the connection I already have the parts to make it work, I just wanted to see if anyone had actually done it. Thanks for your reply.