Unusual or intereting cache containers.

This has probably been posted before, but I looked around and was surprised not to see it anywhere.

What have been some interesting or unusual cache containers that you have seen?

One of the most interesting and most difficult contaiers I have found was one hidden in the base of a tree in a graveyard, it is a miracle that I found it. It was the tiniest cache container that I have ever seen, and it was glued to a piece of bark and placed up against the base of the tree, right in plain sight. My GPS kept leading to this tall oak tree with no particular holes at the base, so I kept thinking, that can't be it. But after searching everywhere else, I kicked around the base of the tree and overturned this piece of bark and found the container.

we actually went geocaching out in Yellow Spring park (ohio) and were hunting our first cache of the day when we thought we had found it lying right out in the middle of no where... it was very small and looked like a little film container... soon we found about 6 of them lying all around the area we were supposed to look. Come to find out... they were all decoys and said things like.. "keep Looking" "Having fun yet?"

very unusual, but we loved the humor of it <_<

I'm definitely a n00b to this, but one of my early finds was an unforgettable one:

It's camo'd on the front of a stop sign. Not through the sign in any way, just added to the front. Amazingly, it's almost 4 years active!

;) Hydrogen

Edited by IamHydrogen

I was looking for the same thing about ingenius cache disguises I've never actualy encounterd any of these yet but I've seen them up for sale on ebay and stuff some are disgused as flowers, light reflectors, hornets nests, bird nests, a crow, mouse, butterfly, cockroach, spider, rocks, pincones, pieces of wood, chestnuts, leaves, mushrooms, beleve it or not a light bulb, survayer stick, bolts and nuts, eletric outlet covers, a water faucet. There are probably many more that I haven't listed but this is what I've seen. I'm hoping I'll be able to build some and stump the people around here B)

I did one a couple years back that was a log, hollowed out on the bottom, with a film canister stuck up in there. It was stuck among other logs. Right next to a stone wall. It took me 3 tries to get this one, and only found it through frustration...I happened to kick the correct log :o Weird how things turn out sometimes!

We've had one that was a fake water meter cover with a film canister stuck under it, set flush with the turf, and another that said 'the log is under a log' -- yup, under some fake poop.

I'm thinking of making a fake cow-pie cache and putting it out somewhere there are no cows, just to see who will find it.

I was looking for the same thing about ingenius cache disguises I've never actualy encounterd any of these yet but I've seen them up for sale on ebay and stuff some are disgused as flowers, light reflectors, hornets nests, bird nests, a crow, mouse, butterfly, cockroach, spider, rocks, pincones, pieces of wood, chestnuts, leaves, mushrooms, beleve it or not a light bulb, survayer stick, bolts and nuts, eletric outlet covers, a water faucet. There are probably many more that I haven't listed but this is what I've seen. I'm hoping I'll be able to build some and stump the people around here ;)

Im a heating and cooling service tech and i came up with a great idea for a hide that i wouldnt think any one would think to look. I have an idea of taking one of those 3/4" pvc drains that come through the wall on a building and installing a 3/4 "T" followed by a "90" pointing up then a small peice of pipe with an unglued cap on it with the log inside the drain under the cap.

Here is our story - with two pictures to go along with it. This microcache was the most unique container we have found so far. A lot of fun... :D

Early this morning my husband and I decide to head out to a nearby park in search of a geocache entitled: "It's Slo Go'in." With temps in the mid 70's and low humidity it was a good morning for a hike. Before heading out, we double-checked our coordinates against the printout and off we went. After parking the car, we began our trek, confident that this little microcache would be an easy find. Within a few minutes we arrived at the end of the road where we were unable to see any visible path into the woods. We stopped briefly, rechecked our coordinates and then hiked down an embankment. When we reached the bottom, we began walking along a path which paralleled the Potomac River. Our GPS indicated we were heading the right way so we continued on. After hiking a few minutes longer we realized this was NOT the right way to the cache. So we began to head back UP in search of a trail. (To me this is what makes Geocaching fun. Climbing, bushwhacking, exploring, getting a little lost. It's all part of the adventure.) Following a short trek to the north, suddenly we were in the midst of stinging nettle everywhere!! With no other direction to go, we had to trudge onward - and both of us were wearing shorts. :D Fortunately, after a few minutes of frantically rubbing our legs, the stinging finally calmed down..

Finally, after reaching the hiking path we should have taken, we knew we were close. Within a few steps, our GPS coordinates were dead on. We began looking around carefully and reread the hints which said: "The container is 'different', although I have used this style of hide before and it fits its surroundings well. The container is in plain sight and you don't have to move anything to see it." All of a sudden I looked over to my right where there was a small clearing and noticed something yellow sitting near a log. As I walked up to it, I noticed it was a plastic box turtle. How odd! And then I realized - this is the cache!! My husband picked it up and examined it for a few minutes trying to figure out how to open it. He then used a pen to turn the knob that was sticking out where the tail would be. After a few turns the knob popped off and inside was a teeny tiny vial. Upon opening the vial, out rolled the smallest logbook we'd ever seen!

We took these pictures and then replaced the cache exactly as we had found it. As we headed out of the park, we used the trail we should have taken on our way in.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/smstout19/673633386/?edited=1

http://www.flickr.com/photos/smstout19/672892147/?edited=1

Edited by smstout19