3 day Expo in Brecon beacons

Hello All,

I'm off work for 2 weeks next week. I'm planning to do a 2 or 3 day expo in the beacons. I'm looking for suggestions on possible routes or must see caches. I'm quite familiar with Pen Y Fan and dont mind doing it as part of the route, but would nt mind discovering another part of the beacons maybe.

All suggestion gratfully received.

TheWhoUk

Our favourite cache would take you on a route to the South East and East of Pen-y-fan this is "Alien Encounter - GCGX7Q". This could be included on a route with "Pip's Falls (GC111ZP)", "BBC3 The Tiled Stream (GC17F7P)",

A Canadian Memory (GCX006) and possibly BBC7 The Diving Board (GC181H2) along with pen y fantastic (The Beacon) (GC5250), Tommy Jones (GCGJHW) and finally BBC6 Ice and Fire (GC181C1).

This would make a full day's caching if your fit enough for it :laughing:

Although we haven't found the caches around and to the North of Ystradfellte we can recommend this area for walking as it's much quieter than the Pen-y-fan area.

Although we haven't found the caches around and to the North of Ystradfellte we can recommend this area for walking as it's much quieter than the Pen-y-fan area.

Been looking at this and I'm thinking of starting at Ye Ole Survey Monuments - Fan Frynych to Ystradfellte: Sgwd Gwladus doing all inbetween this route appeals because you said it is quieter and also there the Ystradfellte: Ystradfellte Reservoir which would be a great overnight stop off as I'm keen on fly fishing also so taking a light travel rod would make a nice break.

Thanks for those who have given me suggestions. Depending on my progress I may get a hop over to the area south of Pen Y Fan and do That also.

Now all I need is the weather

TheWhoUK

Our favourite cache would take you on a route to the South East and East of Pen-y-fan this is "Alien Encounter - GCGX7Q". This could be included on a route with "Pip's Falls (GC111ZP)", "BBC3 The Tiled Stream (GC17F7P)",

A Canadian Memory (GCX006) and possibly BBC7 The Diving Board (GC181H2) along with pen y fantastic (The Beacon) (GC5250), Tommy Jones (GCGJHW) and finally BBC6 Ice and Fire (GC181C1).

This would make a full day's caching if your fit enough for it :D

This is one of my favourite walks and a classic, though Pen y Fan will be very busy in the school holidays. Sugar Loaf and the Skirrid will also be busy.

The Black Mountains (north of Crickhowell) are wonderful and very quiet. High Tea will guide you round an excellent 13m walk, taking in a few other caches along the way.

There are few caches I wouldn't recommend, but some must-do caches include:

Alien Encounter I

t2520

Tommy Jones

The Cat's Back

Lord Hereford's Knob

The Lonely Shepherd

A Canadian Memory

Grwyne Fawr

Many tell great tales.

Hopefully you'll get to do some of ours too. Have a great time. :D

Thanks Sid & Bob I will do that next time, I havea muggle mate who'd like to explore that area so will save that one for when he can do it with me.

This is my chosen route finalized. Just started to pack my kit and getting excited of the prospect.

Ye Ole Survey Monuments - Fan Frynych

V-H1 Amping up the theatre

V-H1 Fan of the view

Ystradfellte: Fan Fawr (preform maint if still needed)

V-H1 Walking, not dancing

Ystradfellte: Fan Llia

Ystradfellte: Ystradfellte Reservoir (Stop over & Fish)

Ystradfellte: Maen Madoc

Ystradfellte: Porth yr Ogof

Ystradfellte: Sgwd Isaf Clun-gwyn

Ystradfellte: Coed y Rhaeadr

Ystradfellte: Sgwd Gwladus

TheWhoUK