2bugs geocoin

2bugs

We are just about ready to green light our new coin. Once the coins are in hand, we will release 50 into the wild as travelers and offer about 100 as trade coins. we will not be offering the coins for sale, trades only. The white circle at the bottom right of the face is a hole for attaching travel buddy tags.

db914078-a229-4348-b1a3-dcf7773b8fcc.jpg

257ed0aa-2a76-49ee-a807-344df9dd2cfa.jpg

2bugs

Oh they're nice. Do these have a custom icon?

yes, the icon looks like this (at least I hope it will):

de23caed-2763-41ba-a1cf-d1474c78e684.jpg

Would be my first 2 bugs geocoin ! Please keep me in mind while at the Spring Fling. (remember the geotag you got handed to you at the Puyallup gig :laughing::P:) ) :)

P.S. Is there an event this year?

Very nice. I would be interested in trading for one. Also, if you wanted some released in a land far, far away I could drop some here for you. :D

we would like to have a 2bugs coin traveling down under, so we will take you up on that offer.

We had to make a change on the back of the coin. To get the bugs in 4 colors was going to cost an additional $260 so we are going with red bugs with black dots on the back, similar to the front. I don't think it will diminish the design too badly

mr. bug

The final artwork was approved today and the order was placed (paid for, ouch). That means coins should be in hand the first week of May. Here is the final count of coins that will be available.

60 Antique Bronze - all of these coins will be released in the wild with a Travel Buddy tag attached. If you have an AB in your collection you are a thief!

75 gold - RE

75 silver - RE

25 copper - LE

25 black nickel - LE

15 Iridium - XLE (inside joke, they are actually two toned satin silver and gold)

if you trade for a 2bugs coin and intend to turn it loose, let us know and we will include a Travel Buddy tag. The coin has a pre drilled hole to accomodate them.

When the new coins land we will begin to take trades from the Forumites. Look at our keepers list on either of the 2 popular coin sites (can I mention them by name or url?) Find a hole in our collection that needs filling and make us an offer. We will make every effort to accomodate all traders. After a week or so we will post a coin edition and go public with the trade offers.

Now a topic that has bugged me for a while. How can a coin be called an LE when there are 250 minted? I realize there is no standard, per se, but it seems the entire LE, XLE thing is wide open for interpretation. Perhaps this is a separate thread. My thoughts are that coins should really be 50 or less to be considered an LE and more realistically something like 25. Your thoughts?

2bugs

I just feel like posting in a thread that is calm, so Mr. 2bugs earns my vote. Nice to see yet another well done personal coin that is not being sold. As always I applaud you. Oh, and let me know when I'm supposed to send my end of the trade. Thanks

TMA

Hey Moopster, changed my mind...$50 each Booowahahahaha

the evil coin bug

BTW, last minute change, no BN LE. turns out the iddy biddy black bug legs would be invisible against a black background. Instead of BN the other LE metal is now antique silver.

I just feel like posting in a thread that is calm, so Mr. 2bugs earns my vote. Nice to see yet another well done personal coin that is not being sold. As always I applaud you. Oh, and let me know when I'm supposed to send my end of the trade. Thanks

TMA

Hey Moopster, changed my mind...$50 each Booowahahahaha

the evil coin bug

Okey dokey :lol: Just need your paypal address. :lol:

TMA

finally, the coins are in. I will begin trading some time next week.

mr. bug

Woo hoo! :D Hope I'm still on the list there somewhere.... :D

the only list I have so far is those who have actually sent us a coin or proposed a trade and we have accepted. I have not thought about a mechanism for the trades here on the forum. I suppose I could go through every post and write each person individually but that seems cumbersome. What if I just start a new thread and ask for people to contact me directly with trade proposals? suggestions?

the only list I have so far is those who have actually sent us a coin or proposed a trade and we have accepted. I have not thought about a mechanism for the trades here on the forum. I suppose I could go through every post and write each person individually but that seems cumbersome. What if I just start a new thread and ask for people to contact me directly with trade proposals? suggestions?

Hmm, I guess my question was a bit oblique....we've conversed via email already, was just wondering if that proposed trade was still in the pipeline, as it has been a few weeks.