Age?

JHudsonFCA

How old is everyone here? Looking at the pictures of cachers that are on the logs/gallerys it seems that most cachers are in their early 40's late 30's or older. I am 24 and am now obsessed with this sport, am I a young whipper-snapper compared to the average cacher?

There's been a handful of long posts about this where people have replied if you'd like to do a search for a better answer. ;) However, I am also 24 and geocache with a co-worker in her 40's and sometimes my 15 year old brother. Not sure how many 20-somethings solo-cache, but there's tons of family geocaching teams that have very young kids that enjoy the sport as well.

I am 31.

My sister who started as one of the original steel city babes is 35.

Mama babes is in her mid 50's and caches on occassion.

The friends that got me interested are in late 20's early 30's

I got my aunt and uncle caching they are in their 40's

Had the whole extended family ranging from 6 to 60+ caching on a family vacation.

Age ain't nothing but a number, in a game that centers around numbers..... :laughing:

Steel city Babes

I think what many of the past forum entries on this topic found is that the average age is about 40 but with a very wide "standard deviation" for all you statistical freaks out there. There are cachers in their 80s on here, and teens and twentysomethings (and of course all the little kids of those "average" 30 and 40 somethings as well).

I guess we're a very "average" group geocaching-wise then. I'm 40, the wife is about to be 43, and the kids are 6 and 4 respectively.

64, my wife is 60 (but, dear, you look 40), and we usually cache with another couple the same ages.

One day we (the two guys) got together with 6 other cachers for some mountain caching. The two youngest were 44 and 51, and the rest of us ranged from 63-69. Darn kids couldn't keep up with us - but we all had fun.

27 here, as is the wife who occasionally joins me. Daughter is just over a year old, she'll likely be joining me in the coming months and years as well. Judging by most of the other responses, I think I need to get off a lot of people's lawns! :laughing:

I am 13 and I really just started Geocaching 14 days ago and well so far its quite fun. I have even got a few friends into it. The only down side to it is I don't have a GPS and I might get one from my uncle to borrow.

So in the meantime me and my friend bike around and try and find them just by the spot on the maps.

:laughing:

How old is everyone here? Looking at the pictures of cachers that are on the logs/gallerys it seems that most cachers are in their early 40's late 30's or older. I am 24 and am now obsessed with this sport, am I a young whipper-snapper compared to the average cacher?

I am old enough to be your mother.