new coin club idea

T"n"T

As you all know by now,,, Tank my wonderful husband, caching partner and #1 designer had a major stroke on Dec. 19th. He is home and starting to show more alertness, but, sadly is along way from helping me with coin designs. I have several projects i would like to work on myself(mostly fund raising or awareness coins, just my thing).

I am home and trying to get back to as much a normal day to day as possible. A friend and I came up with an idea.

I want to start a monthly coin club that uses designs from you all in the community. Not just the known designers, the ones we see all the time. But you all out there that have that great coin idea but just can't afford to get them made by yourselves.

My questions for you all, are:::::

How many people might be interested in joining a group like this to recieve coins and how many?

How many of you folks would be interested in submitting designs? We would do a set run for you of your own designs.

And yes I know that others do something simular to this, but not sure if anyone does it as a standard for their clubs. If anyone knows of someone who does,,,, that would be nice to know too.

Thanks for imput and support in advance.

Tracy and Tank

T"n"T

As you all know by now,,, Tank my wonderful husband, caching partner and #1 designer had a major stroke on Dec. 19th. He is home and starting to show more alertness, but, sadly is along way from helping me with coin designs. I have several projects i would like to work on myself(mostly fund raising or awareness coins, just my thing).

I am home and trying to get back to as much a normal day to day as possible. A friend and I came up with an idea.

I want to start a monthly coin club that uses designs from you all in the community. Not just the known designers, the ones we see all the time. But you all out there that have that great coin idea but just can't afford to get them made by yourselves.

My questions for you all, are:::::

How many people might be interested in joining a group like this to recieve coins and how many?

How many of you folks would be interested in submitting designs? We would do a set run for you of your own designs.

And yes I know that others do something simular to this, but not sure if anyone does it as a standard for their clubs. If anyone knows of someone who does,,,, that would be nice to know too.

Thanks for imput and support in advance.

Tracy and Tank

T"n"T

Tracy, I would be interested...and of course so glad to hear that Tank is doing better

I'm actually a graphic designer at heart (and went to school for it) I'd love to get into this.

Fact is, I've been struggling with how to go about doing a coin (can't afford it on my own) and have been just coming up with designs for fun.

I'd love to help, seriously.

I would think that if we could get a decent sized subscription group for it we could keep prices too about what most others run. Somewhere in the $9-$11 shipped rate. Less if you get more than one kinda thing. Trying to see what the new mint and mail rates are going to do to coins. Some I have gotten new quotes on due to them expiring while we got stuff sorted here. And they were not as bad as they could have been but they did go up. Got to see what new mail is going to be too.

And thanks for the welcome back. I need something to do here, so it is good to be back.

Edited by T"n"T

I'd be interested too. I'm not exactly an artist, but I can get most things done in Photoshop and Illustrator. Somebody else would have to polish it up and do the blueprints ;)

Would designs go to a vote before a coin goes to production? We would have to make sure that there is enough interest in a given design to ensure that members want to buy it.

Would coins only be sold to members, or to the public at large? Perhaps members could reserve coins before they go on sale to the public, and an LE or XLE edition only available to members.

I would be interested in hearing more. I have a lot of ideas, just working on the funding for the projects. I will be releasing the Roulette Geocoin probably next week, and after that I will start working on the rendering for the others. I would love the opportunity to become part of think tank or design team. Hit me up if you get something in stone.

Matter of fact check out my thread on the coin if you get a chance, I have some pictures of the artwork and of the display I created for the coin.

I'd definitely be interested. Even more so if there would be a way to gauge interest in the number of coins to be minted so if a design comes up that, say, 25% of the members are not interested in buying, then they don't have to... the coin just may be a bit more expensive based on minting a smaller number.

I think maybe I'd be most interested in signing up for a "members only" finish that is not sold "outside" and where members are limited to how many of this finish they can purchase. That way we could avoid having to get up at 3 am to try to be one of the first "in the door" to buy the latest "super-cool" coin.

I'm not an artist, but I do think I do a pretty good job on the Icons... and I'd be more than happy to help out however I can.

We're continuing to pray for Tank's recovery and for strength and comfort and endurance for you.

I would subscribe to this. Would need pricing tho especially since i have international shipping.

I also like the idea of a members only finish.

Artistically however, my stick men are bad so we will not go there.

I'll keep my eye on this.

So glad to hear you and tank are doing better.

Thanks

Laura

I'd definitely be interested. Even more so if there would be a way to gauge interest in the number of coins to be minted so if a design comes up that, say, 25% of the members are not interested in buying, then they don't have to... the coin just may be a bit more expensive based on minting a smaller number.

I think maybe I'd be most interested in signing up for a "members only" finish that is not sold "outside" and where members are limited to how many of this finish they can purchase. That way we could avoid having to get up at 3 am to try to be one of the first "in the door" to buy the latest "super-cool" coin.

I'm not an artist, but I do think I do a pretty good job on the Icons... and I'd be more than happy to help out however I can.

We're continuing to pray for Tank's recovery and for strength and comfort and endurance for you.

I say DITTO to this comment. Good Luck and welcome back. Best wishes are still heading your way for the whole family :laughing:

Ok well it sounds like the idea might fly. Here is some of what we were thinking to clear up some issues.

1) The subscribed members will be able to auto reserve one or more coins every month. At a set price that will lock in for them, these will most likely be a members only metal finish or special effect.

They will then be able to order any extras just before order at a reduced rate, compared to regular market cost. How much will depend on ow much interest is generated.

The week before order goes to mint orders will open to general public for other finish.

2) Myself and some of the cachers we bouce ideas off will choose the coin submitted by a member of community most likely two months from date of release to allow plenty of time. If we get a great idea that needs some extra kinks worked out it may get started farther in advance.

At some times we may submit a vote if we are having troubles deciding on which design, but overall details would be decided here. I understand that you cannot make everyone happy all the time and will try to take opinions and desires into concideration from anyone interested in imputing them. But this will not be a everyone gets a veto type thing.

To insure that coins can stay reasonable in price and tohelp maintain consist price and quality this will most likely be set up simular to other coin clubs I have been and are a part of. You pick number of coins to have locked in, 1 to however many. Those will be billed for example,,,,, Billed in on May 15 will cover June 15th delivery. Any extras wanted would need ordered by May 25th. Something to that effect

We will get a e-mail set up just for coin ideas to be sent to. If we do not use yours as the monthly project. We will not use your coin or idea for other purposes without contracted agreement clearing us to do so.

Hope this helps and I am excited about the upcoming months.

Tracy and Tank

Firstly, I'm glad to hear that you've got Tank home now and that he is continuing to improve. Thats is great news.

Second, I think this is a great idea and I would definitely be interested. There have been some excellent points made by people and I really hope this does ahead.