"Mark my Home Coordinates" giving wrong position?

pwgo

When I enter my Home Coordinates (Under "My Account", Update Home Coordinates) and then look at a cache that is really near my home, the information says "E 1430.1km from your home coordinates".

As a test, I entered the coordinates for that particular cache as home position and looked - same result!

The similar applies for all caches i've looked at in my area.

The cache I used for the test above is GC15QG4, coordinates

N58 16.669'

E012 18.395'

Coordinates are entered as "Degrees and minutes"

The location is Trollhattan, Sweden.

If I do searches and use home or nearby coordinates, I get similar strange behaviour.

Am I doing something wrong or what is happening?

Regards, Peter

What you need to do is move so that your home matches the coordinates entered in the website.

If that isn't possible, double-check to see that you entered East longitude rather than West longitude in your home coordinates.

:-) I believe that the coordinates entered is my home already, you can test and see if you come up with same result as myself? I have double/triple/whatever checked, I still think I have done something wrong, but cannot find what.

When I do a search using the coordinates for the GC15QG4 cache (see above), it looks like I'm eding up in the middle of the Atlantic and the nearest cache is 226km away and have coordinates:

N 57° 48.673

W 008° 33.914

It doesn't make sense....

Peter

What you need to do is move so that your home matches the coordinates entered in the website.

If that isn't possible, double-check to see that you entered East longitude rather than West longitude in your home coordinates.

:-) I believe that the coordinates entered is my home already, you can test and see if you come up with same result as myself? I have double/triple/whatever checked, I still think I have done something wrong, but cannot find what.

When I do a search using the coordinates for the GC15QG4 cache (see above), it looks like I'm eding up in the middle of the Atlantic and the nearest cache is 226km away and have coordinates:

N 57° 48.673

W 008° 33.914

It doesn't make sense....

Peter

After re-entering my home coordinates for the 10th time or something, it now works!!! But it took a while (about 10 minutes...) of waiting before it showed correct values. Obviously this was created by lack of patience? At one instance, I entered West instead of East, maybe that sticked. Never mind, it now works and I will not touch it again.

:-)

Peter

Hello?

I´m a new member and my first question is related to my account.

As I created this profile I missed to name my coordinates. I only named miy Postal Code.

Now I´m not able to find a option to add it subsequently. Am I blind?

I´m afraid not to receive information about latest news about caches nearby my habitat. Is that so?

Thanks an greetings from Germany!

Edited by Bierkrug
Hello?

I´m a new member and my first question is related to my account.

As I created this profile I missed to name my coordinates. I only named miy Postal Code.

Now I´m not able to find a option to add it subsequently. Am I blind?

I´m afraid not to receive information about latest news about caches nearby my habitat. Is that so?

Thanks an greetings from Germany!

Go HERE and use the link on the right labeled "update home coordinates"