7ofclubs Personal Geocoin

7ofclubs

I was really stunned at the amount of emails I got asking me to create a personal geocoin after I posted the Geocaching Injury geocoin, so I made a personal geocoin. Some emails were very specific about coin price and shipping cost. I read the forum comments and emails sent to me, the price is lower :ph34r: with the new manufacturer. This coin measures 1.75" high and 1.25" wide. Finish is black nickel with white soft enamel on the front and light green soft enamel on the back. The picture on the web page is the art for the coin. I anticipate shipping this coin on or about April 25, 2008. This coin is trackable on geocaching.com.

I know its real early for a coin announcement but I ordered the coin yesterday and I am really excited about it. You can see the coin on www.7ofclubs.us

I was really stunned at the amount of emails I got asking me to create a personal geocoin after I posted the Geocaching Injury geocoin, so I made a personal geocoin. Some emails were very specific about coin price and shipping cost. I read the forum comments and emails sent to me, the price is lower :ph34r: with the new manufacturer. This coin measures 1.75" high and 1.25" wide. Finish is black nickel with white soft enamel on the front and light green soft enamel on the back. The picture on the web page is the art for the coin. I anticipate shipping this coin on or about April 25, 2008. This coin is trackable on geocaching.com.

I know its real early for a coin announcement but I ordered the coin yesterday and I am really excited about it. You can see the coin on www.7ofclubs.us

Pics for you:

PersonalJPG.jpg

I just approved the art today, the manufaturer tells me they will send me pictures within 2 weeks. Just to let you know I was geocaching Monday on the Bonneville Shoreline trail in Kaysville, Utah. I twisted my ankle and slid about 10' butt first down a 60 degree slope. Thank goodness for Motrin!

7ofclubs

If this coin turns out as nice as the Geocaching Injury geocoin (which I got for my husband after getting dog-bit while caching ;) ) we would love to have one! Do you know when you might have pictures of the actual coin?

I just approved the art today, the manufaturer tells me they will send me pictures within 2 weeks. Just to let you know I was geocaching Monday on the Bonneville Shoreline trail in Kaysville, Utah. I twisted my ankle and slid about 10' butt first down a 60 degree slope. Thank goodness for Motrin!

7ofclubs

glad to hear i am not the only one that gets banged up caching. tree branches attacked me day before yesterday and if i had not been wearing a hat, they would have scalped me! knocked me to the ground in tears. felt like a big baby! but dang, that hurt! i deserve one of the purple heart coins i think. :rolleyes:

rsg

bcddf1b8-000b-40df-8637-b0df20ce4fb6.jpg

My personal geocoin is finally here. Production issues, typhoons, and manufacturing problems delayed this coin almost 3 weeks!

Coin description: 1.75" x 1.25". Black nickel finish, white enamel on obverse, glow-in-the-dark on the reverse with the tracking number that is big enough so that I can read without my glasses.

I had originally posted the coin for $7 plus $3 shipping. Due to production issues I will have to price the coin at $9.99 off this forum. I will, however, honor the original $7 + $3, that I quoted in the forums earlier until 1 Jun 08. If you want the coin, you can email me at 7ofclubs2@comcast.net. You can also visit www.7ofclubs.us but the coin will be $9.99.

7ofclubs

My personal geocoin is finally here. Production issues, typhoons, and manufacturing problems delayed this coin almost 3 weeks!

Coin description: 1.75" x 1.25". Black nickel finish, white enamel on obverse, glow-in-the-dark on the reverse with the tracking number that is big enough so that I can read without my glasses.

I had originally posted the coin for $7 plus $3 shipping. Due to production issues I will have to price the coin at $9.99 off this forum. I will, however, honor the original $7 + $3, that I quoted in the forums earlier until 1 Jun 08. If you want the coin, you can email me at 7ofclubs2@comcast.net. You can also visit www.7ofclubs.us but the coin will be $9.99.

7ofclubs

So, please clarify . . . Will it be 9.99 with shipping included? OR $7.00 + 3 for shipping? ;)

I guess the way I wrote it is confusing. $10 total and that includes shipping, off the forums the total is $12.99 including shipping. Sorry for the confusion.

7ofclubs

So, please clarify . . . Will it be 9.99 with shipping included? OR $7.00 + 3 for shipping? ;)

You're welcome. Neither have icons at this time. To get an icon for a coin you must order 300 tracking numbers + pay for the icon. It was hard enough convincing my wife to let me invest in geocoins but I did convince her that if at least 300 geocoins of a type went I could get the icons.

I like icons too, I can't wait to get my first icon on a coin.

7ofclubs

Thank you . Now, do either of your 2 coins have their own icons?

You're welcome. Neither have icons at this time. To get an icon for a coin you must order 300 tracking numbers + pay for the icon. It was hard enough convincing my wife to let me invest in geocoins but I did convince her that if at least 300 geocoins of a type went I could get the icons.

7ofclubs

250 coins is the number you must have to get an icon.

That's true but you can only order tracking numbers in groups of 100. They say 250 tracking numbers to order the icon but in reality its 300 tracking numbers.

7ofclubs

7ofclubs

That's true but you can only order tracking numbers in groups of 100. They say 250 tracking numbers to order the icon but in reality its 300 tracking numbers.

7ofclubs

7ofclubs

I buy groups of 250 tracking numbers when I do my coins.

7ofclubs

7ofclubs

I'm not sure this is correct, but I suppose it COULD be. I've never heard this before though.

7ofclubs

7ofclubs

I woul ask about that. Just trying to help you here. But 250 can be purchased. I do it at least once a week.

Thanx for the info on the amount of tracking numbers you can buy at one time...I am checking on it at GC I am sure they told me that the numbers have to be bought in blocks of 100. 250 would be nice!!

If you bought some already and the total doesn't to 250 yet I would guess TPTB might let you top up especially if you are buying an icon as well.