Idea for Family Accounts

Phipps Family

I posted this idea in a thread in one of the other forums, but thought I'd post it here as well.

What would be neat would be a way to have a master account for a family with sub-accounts for each family member. The family could log finds under the master name with the sub members who were present listed. The find would show up in each sub accounts "found list" but only show once on the cache listing, under the family's name. The sub accounts would still have the ability to list finds individually.

Hopefully you can decipher my idea!!

I posted this idea in a thread in one of the other forums, but thought I'd post it here as well.

What would be neat would be a way to have a master account for a family with sub-accounts for each family member. The family could log finds under the master name with the sub members who were present listed. The find would show up in each sub accounts "found list" but only show once on the cache listing, under the family's name. The sub accounts would still have the ability to list finds individually.

Hopefully you can decipher my idea!!

Sounds good to me! I have an account for my mom, and since she doesn't go to every cache I go to, It would be nice if there was a way to check if she was there or not.

Sounds like a good idea to me! :ph34r:

The idea has been brought up before in one form or another. If I recall correctly the powers that be thought it was worth looking into. At this point, though, I think it will have to wait until the new site is brought on line.

Still, it sounds good to me. It would also be a good idea if the sub accounts could log PMO caches as long as the parent account was still in good standing.

I often, but not always, go caching with my daughter.

Sometimes, but not often, we take her dad along.

Not often, but sometimes, we do not timely post my daughter's finds/logs online, because she is involved in other activities.

It would be wonderful to have the ability for me to write the logs/posts and note that my daughter was with me that day. PLEASE research this idea!!!

This is a great idea for I have young kids who want there own name and to list the caches they have found.

This way I can keep an eye on them.

I would even pay the difference if there was a Family or Single Preium membership fee.

Edited by JABs

Even though it might get complicated, I think it's a great idea.

This profile is for the two of us, but if one of us go out, it would be nice to be able to log that as only my find, so Erica can find it later as well.

-Drew

Me to

I take my 2 yr old out sometimes and my 8 yr old nephew as well, and when 9 mo old is old enough to go along I will bring him as well. No point in having 3 separate accounts for me to have to try and remember passwords for each one.

They may want their own accounts as they get older. It would be nice if the accounts had their complete caching history. As for the passwords, just use the same password on all your geocaching accounts.

I love this idea. :) We have four people in our family and each person has their own account and we all have slightly different find totals. This idea would be perfect for us and it would help clean up the cache log pages a bit too.