Geocoin Peacock

Ble68

Newartwork.jpg

Here is the artwork for a coin I am minting. There will be

100 made. I am waiting for samples from the mint, when I get them I will post them here for everyone to

see. I will choose the metal when I see the samples. If this goes well and people want more, I would be

happy to do another round as a pre-order. They will be around $13 including shipping. Interested in

feedback and would be happy to answer questions!

OH Ble68, Your coin is Very nice. ;) I guess with you only sellinng 100, there won't be an unique icon.

There was another thread recently where someone said you can now get an icon for 100 coins. I don't know if this was ever confirmed or not though.

Lovely coin. Great idea. ;)

I believe it was NOT!! ;) It's still 250 as far as I know...and I asked for assurance as I'm currently having a coin made!

I like the black nickel from the pictures, but if I were you I would wait to pick metals until you have the samples in your paws. Last time I didn't wait, the coins in hand were entirely different than in pictures and I would have chosen differently.

Nice looking coin!

It's a beautiful coin.

Can I be a downer (a downer and a professional proofreader and editor) and say that the sentence is not grammatically correct? Should be

It is beauty that captures your attention, personality that captures your heart

OR

It is beauty that captures your attention; personality captures your heart

Now that you have the samples, if the wording can't be changed I am sure only those of us who are persnickety grammar mavens will notice. But if it can easily be changed, all the English majors will thank you!

It's a beautiful coin.

Can I be a downer (a downer and a professional proofreader and editor) and say that the sentence is not grammatically correct? Should be

OR

Now that you have the samples, if the wording can't be changed I am sure only those of us who are persnickety grammar mavens will notice. But if it can easily be changed, all the English majors will thank you!

It is too late to be changed now (sorry). I got that from here http://thinkexist.com/quotation/it-s_beaut...tion/12757.html It is a quote :ph34r: Thanks

Edited by Ble68

It's a beautiful coin.

OR

Surely "It's" refer to the peacock and is possessive.

We are not talking about "beauty" but the "peacock"

"It's" = "peacock's beauty" so it does seem correct grammar, just shortened to fit.

It's a beautiful coin.

OR

Surely "It's" refer to the peacock and is possessive.

We are not talking about "beauty" but the "peacock"

"It's" = "peacock's beauty" so it does seem correct grammar, just shortened to fit.

I believe they are also talking about the "which" in the quote.

Edited by Ble68

I got the samples in the mail today! The gold looks much better! Those pictures don't do the coin justice. In the BN you can't read the words and everything looks extremely dark. I plan on minting it in gold but was wondering if there was interest in silver...

I thought I was mostly a BN kinda guy, but recently, I've been liking the gold finishes. I bet this would look great in an antique silver or polished nickel as well.

I got the samples in the mail today! The gold looks much better! Those pictures don't do the coin justice. In the BN you can't read the words and everything looks extremely dark. I plan on minting it in gold but was wondering if there was interest in silver...

YES! :D YES! :laughing: