Rate my Swag Please

I leave these containers in any cache that has space for them, sometimes I take pins from the cache.

0741-03.jpg

&

0625-14.jpg

Half my group thinks they are cheap trade. The other half thinks they are a great all-purpose addition to a cache with many uses in the caching atmosphere.

Please be honest, am I being cheap?

I know most of you don't care about the items. But if you were in my group, saw me leave one of each of these in a cache and take a pin, would you have an issue?

Thanks in advance.

I like the flat ones, are they bead containers? I could see where the canisters could be useful also. As the others said, much better than finding one broken earring or a toy so worn out the paint is rubbed off.

I don't know what kind of pins you are trading these for. Maybe the value is different, and that's why your friends object?

Edited by TMDMom
I like the flat ones, are they bead containers?

I've seen that exact container holding eyeshadow (have two of em in my bathroom) I dunno where or if they could be found without the makeup, maybe a dedicated craft store in beading area.

Or put a note with the bottles saying "please take me for your next micro cache placement!"

I leave these containers in any cache that has space for them, sometimes I take pins from the cache.

0741-03.jpg

&

0625-14.jpg

Half my group thinks they are cheap trade. The other half thinks they are a great all-purpose addition to a cache with many uses in the caching atmosphere.

Please be honest, am I being cheap?

I know most of you don't care about the items. But if you were in my group, saw me leave one of each of these in a cache and take a pin, would you have an issue?

Thanks in advance.

Are you being cheap? Sure you are, in the best way. You have found an inexpensive, yet useful object to put in a cache. You trade it for pins, which I dare day many people have found themselves, or acquired at a very low cost.

I've seen that exact container holding eyeshadow (have two of em in my bathroom) I dunno where or if they could be found without the makeup, maybe a dedicated craft store in beading area.

The company I work for manufactures them. Which is how I get them. They have a website, Id link it but I don't want to be accused of advertising. Plus, they only sell the shown items in bags of like 144 anyway, so it wouldn't be a valid resource for cachers anyway.

They do have quite a selection though, perusing the warehouse is like a cachers paradise. Literally millions of different little plastic containers, lol. Sometimes they make too many items and we get some, thats what happened here.

Edited by TeamTaqleberry

They look fine, but what's the green stuff in them? Soap?

I agree with RK. If you want to add a nice touch, stuff in a Glad kitchen bag (those things will fit in a film canister) and maybe add a homemade CITO sticker. People just might pass along your swag with a new bag in it.

The company I work for manufactures them. Which is how I get them. They have a website, Id link it but I don't want to be accused of advertising. Plus, they only sell the shown items in bags of like 144 anyway, so it wouldn't be a valid resource for cachers anyway.

They do have quite a selection though, perusing the warehouse is like a cachers paradise. Literally millions of different little plastic containers, lol. Sometimes they make too many items and we get some, thats what happened here.

I can't speak for anyone else around here, but I sure wouldn't mind getting my hands on a couple dozen of the larger tubes. I can think of many uses to put them too :laughing:

They look fine, but what's the green stuff in them? Soap?

I agree with RK. If you want to add a nice touch, stuff in a Glad kitchen bag (those things will fit in a film canister) and maybe add a homemade CITO sticker. People just might pass along your swag with a new bag in it.

I think it's just colored fluid for the catalog. These look like medical or scientific sample containers. Good swag (if they're not recycled)

Sometimes when I find miscelanious things in the bottom of a Cache, I gather them up into baggies or film cans(beads, coins, polished stones, etc.) the group of small items can make a better trade than the loose things, so they sometimes get taken quickly. You could use those to do that too.

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT