Proudly presenting....The Hammer of Thor!

mousekakat

It is with great pride that I present my newest coin,

The Hammer of Thor!

2380186029_9a772b5219_o.jpg

Two tone Deluxe

2381021980_bcd0376097_o.jpg

Antique Bronze

2381021894_c4d243f7cd_o.jpg

Antique Copper

2381021830_69e354985b_o.jpg

Antique Nickel

Sometimes things seem to happen for a reason. My daughter was given a Thor's Hammer coin at her baptism when she was a baby. At first I thought it was kind of unusal, to get a symbol for an ancient religion at a baptism, but then after a while, I learned a bit more about the culture here and I actually became quite proud of her Thor's Hammer.

I didn't really give it so very much thought and it was just something that she had in her jewelry box, until I saw that she had it hanging in the hall one morning a few weeks back. I looked at it when I walked by and thought it'd make a really cool coin, but I didn't really think of doing one...until later that same day, when I received an unexpected email from another Swedish cacher who asked me if I had thought of making a Thor's Hammer coin!

I figured that couldn't be just coincidence and that "Someone" was trying to tell me something, so I got to work right away! When things are meant to be they go well, they go right, and they go fast! This coin was the easiest that I've designed and seemed to go the smoothest and it's one that I'm very proud of!

The hammer, Mjölner, is a symbol of the Norse god Thor. He used his hammer as defense and it also makes lightning. It worked like a boomerang and returned to him when he threw it. It became a popular symbol of Norse mythology.

I hope you enjoy this coin and the history behind it as much as I enjoyed making it!

These will be for sale a little later today at Castle Coins and Pins. As soon as I receive them I'll replace the pics with better ones, since we know that the mint's pics aren't always the best! Price, size, metal information and quantity are as follows :huh:

1.75" x 3.75mm thick

3-D both sides.

Minted in:

Antique Nickel 125

Antique Bronze 125

Antique Copper 100

and 2-Tone which may be re-minted

Trackable with 2 icons (one 32 pixel and one 16 pixel size,) the Antiques will not be re-minted so they are all limited in quantity.

Antique finishes: $9.99 each

Deluxe 2-tone: $10.99

Hope you like!!

Naomi :)

Edited by mousekakat

WOW! These are beautiful! I've always been a fan of Norse mythology -- comes from my awkward geeky childhood when I played Dungeons and Dragons :D

Okay, so I'm still awkward, geeky, and I STILL play Dungeons and Dragons :):)

I hope you keep some of these for trades, because I have COMPLETELY blown my budget for coin purchases! :huh:;)

2 questions:

These will be for sale a little later today at Castle Coins and Pins.

CC&P's web site says they will go on sale April 2nd. Which is correct - today, April 1st or tomorrow, April 2nd? :)

Minted in:

Antique Nickel 125

Antique Bronze 125

Antique Copper 100

I think I see black nickle in the picture - which is lovely too - and I don't see that finish listed here. Is that the AE version?

CF30

2 questions:

CC&P's web site says they will go on sale April 2nd. Which is correct - today, April 1st or tomorrow, April 2nd? ;)

Minted in:

Antique Nickel 125

Antique Bronze 125

Antique Copper 100

I think I see black nickle in the picture - which is lovely too - and I don't see that finish listed here. Is that the AE version?

CF30

They will go on sale late tonight, as far as what I was told :)

And you are right, you are seeing a black nickel coin. It's the two tone paired with shiny gold and just rocks from what I understand!

Naomi :huh:

2 questions:

CC&P's web site says they will go on sale April 2nd. Which is correct - today, April 1st or tomorrow, April 2nd? :)

Minted in:

Antique Nickel 125

Antique Bronze 125

Antique Copper 100

CF30

Well, since I don't see a nickel finish, maybe it's the way the picture came out that makes the nickel look dark...or they meant black nickel??

wow...

I want... I want...

Think i may have blown my budget this month, especially with the rune stone coin i bought yesterday...

Will keep an eye on the web site and if i get one it will be my last for this month...

Thanks for an amazing coin Niomi.

Edit to Ask: What is the coin above the 2 tone??

Edited by ljay

The picture is from the mint and the dark coin in the upper right corner is Antique Nickel.....just a bad mint picture.

Well for a bad picture it looks really nice... I'm off to check my bank account to see if i have any money left for coins.

Wow! Just love that coin! My last name is Thorusen...husband's grandfather came from Norway, so I will HAVE to buy several of them. Thanks, Naomi! BTW, my great grandmother came from Sweden, so I would LOVE to visit both those countries someday! Some geocaching there would be fun also! :)

Lea

Oh! ;) I was going in the wrong direction, I see. Well, 1:00 am or 2:00am.... maybe if I can distract my BF from noticing the time... He doesn't get home until after 11:00pm, then we sit down & eat a little dinner, then he goes thru all his e-mail & does a little work on the computer (tonight loading topo maps into our GPSs for MOGA!) - this could take a bit of time. I'm just going to have to suppress my yawns so he doesn't think I want to go to bed just yet... :ph34r: This could work! I have a Dr. appt. at 10 tomorrow morning so will be missing the later sale. Unless BF will do the buying for me. :(

CF30

Edited by Crowesfeat30