Want more geocaches in one file?

Hello everyone,

I wanted to know if anyone knew a way to download more than one page worth of geocaches.

I log on and click: "find geocaches closest to home coordinates"

Then I check all the ones I want and hit download.

Now I wish to add more geocaches to the file but haven't found a way.

I was hoping to have a huge single geocache file (maybe a few hundred)

Any ideas???

BTW I'm using mapsend topo Canada(2004), With explorist 500.

Thank you and keep caching :laughing:

The easiest way is to become a premium member, and then use pocket queries. You can create a pocket query to get up to 500 caches in a single GPX file. For example, I have one that gets the 500 closest caches to my home on a regular basis.

The easiest way is to become a premium member, and then use pocket queries. You can create a pocket query to get up to 500 caches in a single GPX file. For example, I have one that gets the 500 closest caches to my home on a regular basis.

Thanks Skip,

I know I will seem like a cheap bastard but does anyone have any other suggestions?

Being a debt ridden recent graduate I find myself counting every penny :)

Thanks Skip,

I know I will seem like a cheap bastard but does anyone have any other suggestions?

Being a debt ridden recent graduate I find myself counting every penny :huh:

Just download from the website into multiple files as you already know how to do, then open one of them in notepad which will be the main larger file (it doesn't matter which one). Then open each of the others in notepad, copying the geocache data from them and pasting into the first file (each will have beginning and ending code to the file, but don't mess with that, just copy the geocache data). For example, in the .loc files you should see <WAYPOINT> and then some other tags and data, and then </WAYPOINT> which is one geocache. Copy from the first <WAYPOINT> of each file to the last </WAYPOINT> in the file and paste just after the last </WAYPOINT> of the main file so you have a much longer list of geocaches.

I hope this is all making sense! I tried to describe it in detail, I just hope it's not so much detail that it's confusing. Anyway, the GPS will only let you have a file of 200 geocaches I believe, so you may have to make multiple files with around 200 each, but at least you'll have a ton more per file that can be on your screen at the same time.

After you highlight all the geocaches on that page, save the file as "page 1.loc" then go to the next page of geocaches and do the same. keep doing this till you get as many as you want. Open up the geocaching manager software that came with your Explorist 500. Open and load each of the ".loc" files you saved. You must check "append to list" in order to load multiple .loc files. Once completed save ".gs" file to whatever name you want and upload to gps. That's what i did and it worked fine for me.

Hope this helps, happy caching.