Adding Friends?

Suzy-Me

Hey! My Uncle's girlfriend introduced me to geocaching and I want to add her as a friend. I've tried "adding a new friend" thing, and she told me she got the e-mail and clicked on the link, but now it doesn't say her on my friends list. Then she tried to add me but it didn't say her on my "Pending Friends" list.

What am I doing wrong?

Suzy-Me

P.S. I want new friends too....Hello! :laughing:

Hiya Suzy-Me!

It took me a bit to figure this out, but you need to edit your profile to allow you to accept friends. When I went to the "Find a friend" link and tried to add you, it told me you were not accepting friend requests.

Sooo... from the main page of Geocaching.com click on your name in the upper right hand corner.

On the right-hand side under Account Options is a link for "Edit My Profile".

Once on that page, put your password in at the top, under the second green bar (Preferences) is a check box for "Allow Friend Requests".

Check it and then scroll to the bottom and click "Update Account".

That should do it.

Hope that helps.

~Ariel

Hiya Suzy-Me!

It took me a bit to figure this out, but you need to edit your profile to allow you to accept friends. When I went to the "Find a friend" link and tried to add you, it told me you were not accepting friend requests.

Sooo... from the main page of Geocaching.com click on your name in the upper right hand corner.

Once on that page, put your password in at the top, under the second green bar (Preferences) is a check box for "Allow Friend Requests".

That should do it.

Hope that helps.

~Ariel

Thanks Ariel! I think I've got it all figured out now!

Suzy

Hiya Suzy-Me!

That should do it.

Hope that helps.

~Ariel

Hmmm, Good Point. Could even be on the receiver side. I was able to accept the request.