Getting TB's where they need to go...

Bearkluttz

I have a TB that needs to return to London,England... I will be happy to take it to Washington DC area in order to place it near an international flight. Any takers out there want me to drop it in a specific cache? e-mail me at bearkluttz@gmail.com TB is TBZDYW

Bearkluttz

I read this posting and have mixed feelings about it. On one hand, this is a great idea to try to coordinate efforts like this to ensure that a traveler makes it to its goal. On the other hand, I thought the idea behind travel bugs was for them to travel naturally as cachers move them. Of course it would be great to get it directly to its goal in one fail swoop. Sometimes (as it appears in your case) you're only able to get the travel bug closer to its goal, but not quite there yet. Hopefully when you drop it in DC someone else will take it even closer to its goal, and hopefully over the Atlantic Ocean over to Britain.

As of course, sometimes cachers grab travel bugs and just ignore its goals. I have a coin that was in Fresno California and wanted to visit the Fresno Zoo. After two caches in the Fresno area, it suddenly ended up in Kansas. I know how frustrated and disappointed I was when it happened but then again, I realize and remember that this is just part of the game and how it is played. ...Sometimes people don't play by the "rules" (TB goal) stated.

In summary, I hope it all works out and you are able to coordinate a safe passage to the UK for this traveler. If, for some reason, you're not able... Just "watch" the travel bug, cross your fingers and hope for the best. Reminds me of a phrase one of my principals told me when I started teaching, "Hope for the best, plan for the worst..."

I thought the idea behind travel bugs was for them to travel naturally as cachers move them.

Well then they better keep them out of event caches! (Which wouldn't bother me one little bit. ;) )

It is (only) my opinion that an occasional coordinated effort of assisting a bug, especially one trying to get overseas, is within the spirit of the game. It's not being mailed, or carried by non-cachers this is just simply someone saying Hey! Is there anyone going this bug's way?

It's nigh impossible to search for a bug's mission to know if you can help it. What if you were going to the UK and wanted to find bugs that needed a lift? Bearkluttz is holding one up so people know it wants to make the trip.

I thought the idea behind travel bugs was for them to travel naturally as cachers move them.

Well then they better keep them out of event caches! (Which wouldn't bother me one little bit. :huh: )

It is (only) my opinion that an occasional coordinated effort of assisting a bug, especially one trying to get overseas, is within the spirit of the game. It's not being mailed, or carried by non-cachers this is just simply someone saying Hey! Is there anyone going this bug's way?

It's nigh impossible to search for a bug's mission to know if you can help it. What if you were going to the UK and wanted to find bugs that needed a lift? Bearkluttz is holding one up so people know it wants to make the trip.

I agree. I have a Travel Bug I picked up just today that was started out by a group of Brownie Guides, 22 in all, over in England. They wanted it to travel through Canada and it has done that and through eastern US. They would now like for it to get back to England so they can see it before the go off. I would love to have a way to post and find someone going that way even if I had to travel a bit to place into a cache where they could grab it.