Bus Stop Boredom

pklong

The Gowenhouse Bus Stop Boredom cache was done purely as an 'April Fool' and not in any serious vein at all. It seems to have back fired though unfortunately as there are others which have been put out it seems as serious caches. It's only a game...................... :):huh:

The Bus Stop series would be pretty good actually if they are all shelters of architectural interest.

A quick Google revealed one in Dunchurch (Warwickshire but nowhere near us :) ) which is a Grade 2 listed building... any takers? :huh:

Or what about a British series of lamp post caches with the proviso that they're as interesting as the Art Deco ones on the Kincardine Bridge

........I'll get me coat.....

Well, bus shelters can be wonderful sometimes -

9be44c0f-0e35-45b3-bbe1-ab3850d7e5ac.jpg

Which can be found on the dark side: ;)

Life Under Water Newby Bridge

I've also already got a bus related cache, which is still waiting for the FTF by bus! At the risk of shameless cache promotion, it can be found here: !!!! (surely you didn't expect to get away with that ;);) - Lacto)

Like every cache I guess it all depends on the location.

Ding, ding ;)

Edited by Lactodorum

I thought that was the whole point of a cache. Obviously not. :laughing:

The trouble with a series is that all get caches where only a portion are worth visiting.

Not sure I understand your "obviously not comment". I thought I had just said the same thing?

Anyway, I'm not particularly bothered about a bus series or not and not here to defend them, just thought I'd share a couple of examples of bus related things that are quite interesting.

Of course, one could equally say that the problem with traditional caches is that only a portion are worth visiting. Same with size of containers, some micros are great some aren't, some regulars are great some aren't.

I agree though that a specific series may encourage people to set some naff caches that they might not otherwise have thought of. Hopefully, our fellow cachers will exercise restraint and only seek out exceptional locations to entertain passengers in their (long) wait. :P

I thought that was the whole point of a cache. Obviously not. :laughing:

Not sure I understand your "obviously not comment".

I agree though that a specific series may encourage people to set some naff caches that they might not otherwise have thought of.

This was the point I was trying to make, just not very well :P

Blatant cache promotion...********

I've only included it as it might be the granddaddy of Bus Stop caches. Hidden November '04.

Edited by Lactodorum - That's the second link I've had to remove today. I know you've had a CHEQUERED HISTORY (Bucks) but you should know better [:laughing:]

Edited by Lactodorum

Hey, don't get me wrong, I love bus stops as much as the next person :o What I object to is series' which start off with all good intentions and then end up as a mad stampede to chuck a lame micro in every matching spot conceivable, seemingly without much thought.

Hey, don't get me wrong, I love bus stops as much as the next person :D What I object to is series' which start off with all good intentions and then end up as a mad stampede to chuck a lame micro in every matching spot conceivable, seemingly without much thought.

Well don't do any of the series if you object to them. They are no different to any other cache, whether it's been lobbed out of a car window, or thougtfully placed. :o:o

Can't see any of us are in a position to object. It's a game. :D:D

Hey, don't get me wrong, I love bus stops as much as the next person :D What I object to is series' which start off with all good intentions and then end up as a mad stampede to chuck a lame micro in every matching spot conceivable, seemingly without much thought.

Well don't do any of the series if you object to them. They are no different to any other cache, whether it's been lobbed out of a car window, or thougtfully placed. :D:o

Can't see any of us are in a position to object. It's a game. :o:D

You are a newbie. You look at the site and see a bunch of micros where there is a lot of traffic, rubbish or Muggles. You do one and think this is madness. Hardly throws a good light on our hobby does it?

You are a newbie. You look at the site and see a bunch of micros where there is a lot of traffic, rubbish or Muggles. You do one and think this is madness. Hardly throws a good light on our hobby does it?

Exactly!

Also, I would say that ALL of us are perfectly placed to object: if we do not apply a bit of quality control ourselves, then who is going to?

As Gralorn has said the Bus Stop Boredom cache was an April Fool taking the mickey out of the MM series and Sidetracked series. I am certainly not continuing with the series and can't quite believe there is already a series re Bus Stops started out there. Anyway for all those who fell for it HA HA. We are in the process of a vote at present on the cache whether to keep or archive. :P

Edited by Gowenhouse

As Gralorn has said the Bus Stop Boredom cache was an April Fool taking the mickey out of the MM series and Sidetracked series. I am certainly not continuing with the series and can't quite believe there is already a series re Bus Stops started out there. What is caching coming to??? Anyway for all those who fell for it HA HA. We are in the process of a vote at present on the cache whether to keep or archive. :P

Well if you go by the guidelines we are stuck with it for three months at least.

As Gralorn has said the Bus Stop Boredom cache was an April Fool taking the mickey out of the MM series and Sidetracked series. I am certainly not continuing with the series and can't quite believe there is already a series re Bus Stops started out there. What is caching coming to??? Anyway for all those who fell for it HA HA. We are in the process of a vote at present on the cache whether to keep or archive. :D

I thought April 1st jokes came out on April 1st, not March 31st? :D

The retrospectroscope is a wonderful invention. :P

Exactly!

Also, I would say that ALL of us are perfectly placed to object: if we do not apply a bit of quality control ourselves, then who is going to?

I totally agree - it's just a bit of fun!

Edited by surching