2008 Compass Rose Geocoin Variants

YemonYime

After a few questions about variants of the 2008 Compass Rose Geocoin, here's an up-to-date list of the different editions:

From CoinsAndPins.com

Antique Bronze

Antique Copper

Two-Tone Antique Silver/Antique Bronze

Two-Tone Polished Gold/Polished Nickel

From USAgeocoins.com

Antique Silver

...and my personal edition YimeRose:

Two Tone Polished Gold/Antique Bronze

Just thought I'd share... :laughing: :laughing:

After a few questions about variants of the 2008 Compass Rose Geocoin, here's an up-to-date list of the different editions:

From CoinsAndPins.com

Antique Bronze

Antique Copper

From USAgeocoins.com

Antique Silver

Just thought I'd share... :laughing: :laughing:

WOW, Yime...AWESOME!! Just wish I had the funds... :-(

From CoinsAndPins.com

Antique Bronze

Antique Copper

From USAgeocoins.com

Antique Silver

Just thought I'd share... :D:)

:)

HI Yime,

i've allready bought the ones at coinsandpins, and i'd allready sign the list at USAgeocoins ... :P how can i get one of your personal edition ? :P:D Who knows if i get lucky :D

Paulo

I thought there was also a black nickel version. There's one shown in the picture on the compassrosegeocoin site.. Will that be sold anywhere?

You mean this one?

Black Nickel 2-Tone

On the compass Rose website, it was said it would be sold on Ebay.

That's a shame that vendors are now making ebay only editions.

Sorry if I gave the wrong impression that Ebay was the only place to get them. There are a couple of other ways to get your hands on one. Like so many times with the really hot coins, it takes being in the right place at the right time.

Compass Rose 2-Tone 2008

Congrats Yime on a great design. This coin is awesome!!!!

Sorry if I gave the wrong impression that Ebay was the only place to get them. There are a couple of other ways to get your hands on one. Like so many times with the really hot coins, it takes being in the right place at the right time.

Compass Rose 2-Tone 2008

Hi,

Is it possible to know where is the next right place and when is the next right time to get a black nickel edition ? :laughing:

Edited by SecretChief

Compass Rose 2-Tone 2008

Hi,

Is it possible to know where is the next right place and when is the next right time to get a black nickel edition ? :)

I do not have a clue. That's part of being in the right place at the right time. I can tell you it was not sold to me. Well except the blood he had me put on this contract and something about my soul. But when it comes to a geocoin you really want, should the price matter?!? :huh:

Hi,

Is it possible to know where is the next right place and when is the next right time to get a black nickel edition ? :huh:

I do not have a clue. That's part of being in the right place at the right time. I can tell you it was not sold to me. Well except the blood he had me put on this contract and something about my soul. But when it comes to a geocoin you really want, should the price matter?!? :)

I think the blood was because he ran out of ink. The soul part must have had something to do with your exceptional music talent...but aren't you really a country fan?! ;)

This years design is awesome - congratulations Dave.

Would love to snare a personal edition :)

I am also interested to know the history behind the split sales between Coins and Pins and USA Geocoins. Could someone enlighten us please... or is this a can of worms that should not be opened?

Thanks to all for the kudos!

Although I will be putting a few more of these up on eBay, I'd like everyone to know that this will certainly not be an "eBay only" coin.

I've been the beneficiary of many acts of kindness from fellow geocachers and geocoiners in recent times. So, although I can't make one available to everyone...everyone will have a chance to own one through either a cointest, or a random act of idiocy on my part.

I've got a bunch of projects crossing my screen, so it might be a while before that happens. But I do promise that someone, somehow, will hold a YimeRose up to their nose...and enjoy the smell of "free".

;)

I clicked on the link to your personal version and my 6 year old tells me that she likes it. Can I get it for her? i just smiled and told her that maybe some day I will get one :unsure::(:blink:

Let's just hope she forgets!

I'll say... I just checked the site and it's been sold... $314.00 :)