Announcing.....The Pocket Decoder

The Caching Place

I just did my first tour of duty in the Hobbit's Mystery Adventure - what a trip :blink: I got through the first level with no problem, even though I've never been good at puzzles or decyphering, but hit a wall at the second level (until I got the keyword, then no problem at all). I'm giving up for the night but can't wait until morning and will then give it another go :lol: Great game so far, very challenging.

WOW...it never ceases to amaze us what folks get for geocoins on EBAY!!! Yikes :D:D:)

ORDER UPDATE: The 2nd order of Pocket Decoders are currently IN production. We should have them on or before June 29th. If you would like to order one now, there is a presale page up on our website: The Caching Place the poker wheel is also in production and available for purchase as a "presale" item and will ship at the same time as the Pocket Decoders. Thanks everyone for all the great comments on this coin!

WOW...it never ceases to amaze us what folks get for geocoins on EBAY!!! Yikes :D:D:)

ORDER UPDATE: The 2nd order of Pocket Decoders are currently IN production. We should have them on or before June 29th. If you would like to order one now, there is a presale page up on our website: The Caching Place the poker wheel is also in production and available for purchase as a "presale" item and will ship at the same time as the Pocket Decoders. Thanks everyone for all the great comments on this coin!

A new center coin......does that mean a new game coming soon? Mine is on PREORDER! This will make a good addition to my decoder!

WOW...it never ceases to amaze us what folks get for geocoins on EBAY!!! Yikes :anibad::D:D

Are the wheels going to be stock items too?

I have the decoder already! Very nice BTW!

I have a quick question about the center face pieces though. Are they only going to be made available through presales? I hate to make a $3.50 purchase now, when I can wait and add it to my next coin order. Probably when the cache-aid coin goes on sale.... :anibad: But then again, I would hate to miss out by them all being sold out during pre-sale!

Edited by LionsLair

WOW...it never ceases to amaze us what folks get for geocoins on EBAY!!! Yikes :anibad::D:D

How long is the presale on for the new decoders and center wheels?

Thanks

Are the wheels going to be stock items too?

Yes, the wheels will be a stock item. We've ordered 1,000 of the poker wheels and an additional 500 Pocket Decoders which are currently in production - The presale is running so folks who want to guarantee their purchase can do so. We're busy putting together some FUN "poker" challenges and will get these listed on the website soon. We will also be activating the link where you can "submit" wheel ideas for future productions.

If someone is getting a couple of extra I wouldn't mind making a trade or something down the road. If you buy only 1 wheel, the shipping cost and handling fees cost more than it does (to Canada anyway) so I wouldn't mind trading for one. keep me in mind please

I ordered an extra wheel... :anibad:

CF30

I have the decoder already! Very nice BTW!

I have a quick question about the center face pieces though. Are they only going to be made available through presales? I hate to make a $3.50 purchase now, when I can wait and add it to my next coin order. Probably when the cache-aid coin goes on sale.... :unsure: But then again, I would hate to miss out by them all being sold out during pre-sale!

Sorry I missed your question earlier. I think you're safe to wait for the Cache-Aid Box coins to go on sale next week and purchase them together....keep in mind though that we won't have the Poker Wheels in until the end of June, but the Cache Aid Box coins will be in stock and ready for shipment on the sale day. If you order them together your entire order will ship the end of June when the Poker Wheels arrive.

Saw one of these at GW. Very nice.

I agree. I couldn't believe how beautiful the Gold version was. Outstanding work.

TMA

Hi,

A gold version exists !!!

Someone have a picture ?

Thanks

There is a picture of the golden Pocket Decoder at the end of the Hobbit's Mystery Journey....solve the mystery and not only will you get to see it, you'll also become a 'Master Decoder' :angry:

Presale Update: We originally had a production schedule of 45 days or so for 500 Pocket Decoders. We were able to arrange with the factory to produce 250 of the coins and meet an earlier ship date of on or before June 29. :angry: As of now, the preorder sales have reached this mark and are closed. Those who have placed a preorder will be included in this first shipment.

PLEASE NOTE: We are still expecting the remaining 250 coins to be completed within the original 45 day period and go on sale around the first week of July. We'll keep you posted if we get any other updates.....if we're lucky maybe all 500 will ship on the 29th!! Thanks everyone!

Saw one of these at GW. Very nice.

I agree. I couldn't believe how beautiful the Gold version was. Outstanding work.

TMA

Hi,

A gold version exists !!!

Someone have a picture ?

Thanks

There is a picture of the golden Pocket Decoder at the end of the Hobbit's Mystery Journey....solve the mystery and not only will you get to see it, you'll also become a 'Master Decoder' :)

I'm a Master Decoder! I believe I also saved the world. :angry:

I'm a Master Decoder! I believe I also saved the world. :)

And you beat me in the standings by this >< much! :)

That's what I get for starting puzzles at work and then getting sucked into never-ending meetings, doh!! That and screwing up and over-thinking the Wizard's Chamber and getting locked out for 24 hours.

Just remember the KISS principle when you are off to see the wizard, and you are likely to beat my time! :angry:

Presale Update: We originally had a production schedule of 45 days or so for 500 Pocket Decoders. We were able to arrange with the factory to produce 250 of the coins and meet an earlier ship date of on or before June 29. :) As of now, the preorder sales have reached this mark and are closed. Those who have placed a preorder will be included in this first shipment.

PLEASE NOTE: We are still expecting the remaining 250 coins to be completed within the original 45 day period and go on sale around the first week of July. We'll keep you posted if we get any other updates.....if we're lucky maybe all 500 will ship on the 29th!! Thanks everyone!

:) Glee - that is great news. Thanks for the update. I will be able to join in the decoding sooner rather than later. :angry:

Presale Update: We originally had a production schedule of 45 days or so for 500 Pocket Decoders. We were able to arrange with the factory to produce 250 of the coins and meet an earlier ship date of on or before June 29. :wub: As of now, the preorder sales have reached this mark and are closed. Those who have placed a preorder will be included in this first shipment.

:) Glee - that is great news. Thanks for the update. I will be able to join in the decoding sooner rather than later. :rolleyes:

Keewee:

When you do start playing, try to remember to take a handfull of Tylenol's about an hour before starting. Your brain WILL start to hurt!

Presale Update: We originally had a production schedule of 45 days or so for 500 Pocket Decoders. We were able to arrange with the factory to produce 250 of the coins and meet an earlier ship date of on or before June 29. :) As of now, the preorder sales have reached this mark and are closed. Those who have placed a preorder will be included in this first shipment.

;) Glee - that is great news. Thanks for the update. I will be able to join in the decoding sooner rather than later. :)

Keewee:

When you do start playing, try to remember to take a handfull of Tylenol's about an hour before starting. Your brain WILL start to hurt!

LMAO... Thanks - duly noted :)

Hey Tom4props:

The link is: http://www.thecachingplace.com/pocket/

If this doesn't take you exactly where you need to be, go to their home page (says "The caching Place" to your left) and it should get you going. Clear your desk of any unnecessary clutter, put away any sharp objects and prepare to get mentally blasted. They tell you how you can make a paper decoder if you want to get started playing now, but earlier in this thread, thecachingplace said the order was expected to be finished for the next batch around June 29th.

Edited by nashuan
:) I can't catch a break on this thing! I don't buy many coins....I missed when these originally went on sale. I saw them come back up for pre-order and tried to do it with my fiance's credit card but it would only accept PayPal, check or money order. Since I have the Paypal account, it would need to wait until my disability check got deposited for the month. That happened today....so I go to pre-order and see that they're gone again. Can someone tell me just to give up on this thing?!? I suck at timing my jumps through hoops and I sure won't be buying one off that eplace. Sorry for the rant....just frustrated at continued bad luck!

:) I can't catch a break on this thing! I don't buy many coins....I missed when these originally went on sale. I saw them come back up for pre-order and tried to do it with my fiance's credit card but it would only accept PayPal, check or money order. Since I have the Paypal account, it would need to wait until my disability check got deposited for the month. That happened today....so I go to pre-order and see that they're gone again. Can someone tell me just to give up on this thing?!? I suck at timing my jumps through hoops and I sure won't be buying one off that eplace. Sorry for the rant....just frustrated at continued bad luck!

Sorry that you missed out on the preorder. There are still an additional 250 coins that will go on sale around the first week of July hopefully these will last a bit longer. Also, please check your email - I have sent you a message. :)

Sorry that you missed out on the preorder. There are still an additional 250 coins that will go on sale around the first week of July hopefully these will last a bit longer. Also, please check your email - I have sent you a message. :)

Thank you! My info has been sent in hopes that you end up with an extra one. I appreciate your follow-up! I'll be ordering one of the Poker Wheels....I expect that i should go ahead and do that now before they are sold out?

Sorry that you missed out on the preorder. There are still an additional 250 coins that will go on sale around the first week of July hopefully these will last a bit longer. Also, please check your email - I have sent you a message. :rolleyes:

Thank you! My info has been sent in hopes that you end up with an extra one. I appreciate your follow-up! I'll be ordering one of the Poker Wheels....I expect that i should go ahead and do that now before they are sold out?

Hey neighbor:

Don't give up the on the Decoder. If the Cachingplace can't hook you up before then, it will be worth the wait when they come in July.

G :D eeezzzz, I'm in the same boat as VT-GeoDevils........check just hit the bank, but they are sold out....gonna have to wait till July, i guess........

Looks like your wait won't be as long as expected!!! The mint has contacted us with GREAT NEWS!!! The Pocket Decoders are ahead of schedule :D:laughing:

For everyone who preordered a Pocket Decoder during the first sale They are arriving early (June 19) and will begin shipping upon their arrival.

For those who missed out on the first preorder, we have started PRESALE #2 for the remaining 250 coins.

They are scheduled to arrive (June 24) and will be shipped June 25-27 Click on the link below to place your order!!! THANKS EVERYONE!!

The Caching Place

ATTENTION Pocket Decoder owners!!! The first drawing for a Golden Pocket Decoder is TONIGHT, June 21st at 6:00 and we will be drawing 2 lucky winners! We will have an additional drawing on July 3rd and will be drawing out 3 more lucky winners. There will be drawings each month thereafter until the end of the year and you can see the schedule for these drawings and a list of winners on our website @ The Caching Place

Remember....once you've entered, your name remains active for ALL future drawings, but you can only win once. If you have not purchased a Pocket Decoder but would like to enter the drawings, please see the instructions at the above link.

The latest order of Pocket Decoders arrived one day early and have now all been shipped out!!! YIPPEE :D

We expect the next shipment mid-week and will start shipping them as soon as they arrive! Everyone should have their decoders in time for the July 3rd drawing!!

Good Luck everyone, and thanks for all your support !!! :blink::D