Announcing.....The Pocket Decoder

The Caching Place

I could be wrong about this - I do have brain farts from time to time - but isn't this an item that they will carry long-term on their site? I sort of recall reading that they were going to have a very large supply so everyone who wants one could get one.

So if my memory is indeed correct there is no need to worry about the typical sale frenzy. :mad:

Maybe someone from TCP could clarify this and also clarify when the item will become available.

Hey everyone! Sorry for the delay in responding to this post. I (Georgia) just got in from a 'very' long flight from Japan.

The reason we delayed the sale is due to a quality issue. Sharon received a partial order of the pocket decoders the first of the week - after inspecting them, she found a few problems that we needed to address with the mint. I don't have all the details myself yet but will update this more as soon as I get all of the details, just wanted to let you know we're not ignoring anyone :laughing:

Since we already have a topic running for the Pocket Decoders can FSM or Eartha please combine these together!

Thanks everyone for your patience!

The SALE is on!!! Those of you who get our newsletter know that already!! :) Not to worry, even though they are selling FAST, there are still plenty!!

ATTENTION INTERNATIONAL BUYERS:

Due to the recent increase in postal rates, there is a slight problem with the calculations of international flat rate priority mail. Our system is charging a much higher rate than it should, we will be refunding the difference at the time we ship your order. The actual cost for flat rate priority is $9.95 for Canada and $11.95 for all other countries.

Thanks everyone!!

Yep, on sale now. Just ordered mine ;) Online, they look great and there is a link through thecachingplace.com that has a quick movie clip showing the manufacturing process. I think that that is just the coolest thing :) And in response from an earlier post to this thread, I did read that they were going to have this available as a regular stock item, plus they will be offering interchangeable bezels in the furture, which I also think is a great idea. There is even a place on the site for you to submit ideas for your own bezel design. I didn't know if they were going to offer these in different finishes, but I really like the one they have. My wallet is hoping that that is the only one they'll be offering right now.

The SALE is on!!! Those of you who get our newsletter know that already!! :) Not to worry, even though they are selling FAST, there are still plenty!!

Due to the recent increase in postal rates, there is a slight problem with the calculations of international flat rate priority mail. Our system is charging a much higher rate than it should, we will be refunding the difference at the time we ship your order. The actual cost for flat rate priority is $9.95 for Canada and $11.95 for all other countries.

Thanks everyone!!

Any chance there will be any of these at GW?

I think these are a beautiful design and love the movie clip showing parts of the manufacturing process on youe website. Great marketing idea and I also love that you can interchange the bezels and that you have opened up design ideas to your customers. At $20 a piece, it seemed a little high in price, but when you see how much goes into the manufacturing process, it sounds justified, if not in fact a good price. I just ordered a few and can't wait for them to come in. Great job!

RE International Shipping: Here is the post from the other thread:

Maybe FSM or Eartha can combine the two threads for us!! Thanks :)

Maybe FSM or Eartha can combine the two threads for us!! Thanks :)

Wow, if those are the new rates to Canada, I don't think I will be buying anymore new coins.

Maybe FSM or Eartha can combine the two threads for us!! Thanks :P

Why is the cost of shipping so much higher for this coin? I recently received a mailer from the States with 5 large coins in it. The postage was $2.24!

Why is the cost of shipping so much higher for this coin? I recently received a mailer from the States with 5 large coins in it. The postage was $2.24!

With the $2 handling that's $11.95 for one coin to Canada. I would be curious to know if that truly is the new U.S. postal rate or something else?

Reading what The Caching Place wrote above, it looks like they are sending it by international PRIORITY mail instead of the lower First Class rate.

Maybe FSM or Eartha can combine the two threads for us!! Thanks :laughing:

Reading what The Caching Place wrote above, it looks like they are sending it by international PRIORITY mail instead of the lower First Class rate.

I guess it's just the difference between Canada Post and US Post and how they name their services. In Canada, Priority is the rate just above ground. Expidited is the super-fast service.

I just went to the Caching Place to find out what was going on with The Pocket Decoder because I didn't see anything mentioned lately. The last I heard was it was postponed until further notice. However, when I went there to see if there was any update-to my surprise and disappointment, I found they were sold out! I thought this was going to be a regular stock item so that all who wanted one could get one. So, I guess I was wondering how everyone knew about this except me! <_<:laughing::laughing: Does anyone know what the problem was and when they went on sale? And more importantly, when will there be more?

I just went to the Caching Place to find out what was going on with The Pocket Decoder because I didn't see anything mentioned lately. The last I heard was it was postponed until further notice. However, when I went there to see if there was any update-to my surprise and disappointment, I found they were sold out! I thought this was going to be a regular stock item so that all who wanted one could get one. So, I guess I was wondering how everyone knew about this except me! <_<:laughing::laughing: Does anyone know what the problem was and when they went on sale? And more importantly, when will there be more?

The sale went on the 15 I think any way I got mine today, if you are signed up there you get emails telling you when things are up for sale. Beautiful, It's really a piece of work. USA 45

The sale went on the 15 I think any way I got mine today, if you are signed up there you get emails telling you when things are up for sale. Beautiful, It's really a piece of work. USA 45

Thanks USA45. I thought I was on their email list. I got the email about it originally, but I didn't get any information about it this time. Oh well, I hope they will get more in soon.