Deadmans Hand

joranda

I know that this coin design has been out before.

This coin will be offered in antique nickel with its own icon.

The icon will be the ace of spades card with the geo "G" in

the middle of the spade, unlike the last coins that had just the

generic icon for the coin. There will only be 100 of these finishes

made. The coins will be numbered 1-100.

Edited by joranda

I have a question. How are you getting a custom icon for only 100 coins? Are you picking up the old version tracking codes and giving them this icon also?

I'd love to, but it would break the bank. It took me this long to save up for these. If they would of offered it like this when I first had the coin made it wouldn't of been a big deal but back then it was either 200 or 250 coins minted to have a custom icon.

I have a question. How are you getting a custom icon for only 100 coins? Are you picking up the old version tracking codes and giving them this icon also?

I'd love to, but it would break the bank. It took me this long to save up for these. If they would of offered it like this when I first had the coin made it wouldn't of been a big deal but back then it was either 200 or 250 coins minted to have a custom icon.

Ok, I'm confused. I thought it was still 250 coins to get a custom icon.

no, they dropped it down to only 100 coins. Too bad they didn't do it back then. :)

This is news to me.

You know there is no cost to pick up the old tracking numbers and give them the icon too.

That would be great and if they don't charge extra tehn I will, but why do they charge a extra 1.50 per coin for a custom icon?

Order Details:

1. Generally, Personal Geocoin codes will begin with “PC” prefix and will be named “Personal Geocoin”

2. If 100 codes or more are ordered, a custom name may be requested.

3. If 250 codes or more are ordered, a custom icon may be ordered (details below).

3. If 250 codes or more are ordered for a geocaching event, a custom name may be requested, a custom icon may be ordered and the “EV” prefix may be requested.

4. If 1,000 codes or more are ordered, a custom name may be requested, a custom icon may be ordered and a custom prefix may be requested.

5. A custom activation code may be requested for any series of 100 coins or more. The activation code must be the same for all coins in the series.

Custom Coin Icons:

1. Available for Geocaching organizations, associations, commercial coin groups and Personal Coins.

2. The cost for a custom icon to be associated with your coins is a one time fee of $150. The icon design will need to be supplied to us in GIF format (non-animated) in the following pixel sizes: 16x16 and 32x32

3. All icon submissions must be the property of the owner or used with the owners permission.

4. 250 code minimum order.

I quoted and bolded the Groundspeak policy on tracking codes, names, and icons. I honestly hope you get a custom icon. The icon sounds really cool. I can't speculate on which way your coin will turn out, since you have been working with Oak yourself. Good luck, I know I'm excited to see it either way. Post a mint sample photo when you can. I do think though that you should follow up with Groundspeak to group all your coin codes together. It would be great to get them all in one line item with the icon.

TMA

Order Details:

1. Generally, Personal Geocoin codes will begin with “PC” prefix and will be named “Personal Geocoin”

2. If 100 codes or more are ordered, a custom name may be requested.

3. If 250 codes or more are ordered, a custom icon may be ordered (details below).

3. If 250 codes or more are ordered for a geocaching event, a custom name may be requested, a custom icon may be ordered and the “EV” prefix may be requested.

4. If 1,000 codes or more are ordered, a custom name may be requested, a custom icon may be ordered and a custom prefix may be requested.

5. A custom activation code may be requested for any series of 100 coins or more. The activation code must be the same for all coins in the series.

Custom Coin Icons:

1. Available for Geocaching organizations, associations, commercial coin groups and Personal Coins.

2. The cost for a custom icon to be associated with your coins is a one time fee of $150. The icon design will need to be supplied to us in GIF format (non-animated) in the following pixel sizes: 16x16 and 32x32

3. All icon submissions must be the property of the owner or used with the owners permission.

4. 250 code minimum order.

I quoted and bolded the Groundspeak policy on tracking codes, names, and icons. I honestly hope you get a custom icon. The icon sounds really cool. I can't speculate on which way your coin will turn out, since you have been working with Oak yourself. Good luck, I know I'm excited to see it either way. Post a mint sample photo when you can. I do think though that you should follow up with Groundspeak to group all your coin codes together. It would be great to get them all in one line item with the icon.

TMA

After reading that, maybe since I have already had 250 coins made from times before, they will all have the icon. Which I really hope so. To clear things up, it is the same design just a different finish that hasn't been done on my coin yet. After this last minting, there should be a total of 6 different finishes.

I wasn't trying for a debate. :) I just know that I paid for a custom icon, I just hope I get it now, you all are starting to make me second guess myself. :D

Edited by joranda

Glad you enjoyed the coin and the trade. I found out last night that they was able to do the first idea I had for my icon, which is the full deadmans hand and not just the ace of spade. Plus my ship date is set for April 20th. The day before my CITO event. Maybe karma will be on my side and it will come in a little earlier. :laughing:

Isn't it funny seeing someone selling your coin on ebay and they list it as sold out? Funny thing is, I had them made for me. The minter never sold them. Well I guess they was sold out to me with this box full of them under my desk. :wub: Come on people, do a little research first. :rolleyes:

Isn't it funny seeing someone selling your coin on ebay and they list it as sold out? Funny thing is, I had them made for me. The minter never sold them. Well I guess they was sold out to me with this box full of them under my desk. :) Come on people, do a little research first. :)

Are you trading or selling? I've been wanting to get one of those for a while now. I love playing poker!