Why Am I Getting Logs...

fivedime

TB1PAJ2

I keep deleting them but one particluarly persistent jerk keeps re-logging, despite my warnings not to. I will be forwarding this matter to Groundspeak along with his email. Just wondered if this is something folks have seen happening before?

toadzcode is another geocoin ... maybe they have one digit incorrect or something? Might be worth asking one of the loggers which coin they think they are logging.

There is a picture of my coin on the page, so they know what they are logging. I emailed him and explained what he was doing was wrong and why, and he re-logged saying things like "It's only a game, let's be friends". He knows what he is doing and that I disapprove.

Where did you get the coin? Is it possible it was a coin that they saw somewhere before you owned it? Even so, to continue logging it as a discovery after being asked not to is just totally wrong.

It is MY signature coin (one of the original orders of geotags). If he has seen it somewhere before, he worked at the mint.

It is one of 5dimes personal coins.

Can only presume that he has a digit wrong but surely they have realised it is not the coin they found.

I will hold my hand up i have copied down codes wrong and not realised til i have got back to a pc, but as much as i love my icons and numbers i wouldn't log something that is clearly going to be deleted by the owner. Or relog something has that has been deleted!

I agree with Moop get on to TPTB.

Good Luck,

Ljay

Does the toadzcode coin have a prefix of "GT____"? If not, I suppose that precludes the slipped digit argument. In subsequent email traffic with this guy it is clear he knows he is logging coins he has never seen, just to get icons or whatever pathetic excuse he has. Oh yeah, this is his excuse: "My intension is better to log some coins, bevore the coins are be missed. Thats my rule."

He has been reported.

Thanks.

I had a similar problem with a cache I own . . . the 'finder' didn't fulfill the requirements for the cache. I deleted his log, with an explanation why. He re-logged, I deleted again, he re-logged . . . you get the picture. I posted about my problem to an appropriate forum . . . and then the 'miracle' occurred. Cachers who read my post put a watch on the cache, and I posted a note to the cache, without specifically revealing who the cacher was. He stopped posting his 'find'. :-) He has since re-logged it, but the last time he fulfilled the requirements for keeping that find.

I am watching your coin . . . a little bit of peer pressure :unsure: never hurts. Maybe we can get a few more to join us. If you get a few more watchers, delete his log and see what happens. It just might work.

Edited by FluteFace

From the coin in question logs...

"hey guy.....

.....sorry, i found the code..... i log the code...... thats the geocaching roule......

save your codes and you never have a problem.

.....and.....its a game !!!"

Geez, where did he dig up that rule? :unsure: I'll be watching his profile to see if he goes from "premium" member to "banned" member. The PTB will set him straight one way or another, I'm sure.

hey guy.....

.....sorry, i found the code..... i log the code...... thats the geocaching roule......save your codes and you never have a problem.

.....and.....its a game !!!

Have fun

I'd ask where he found the code

might also tell him its a rule that you must have actual seen/held the coin. (might not be true but I'd still say it :unsure: )

not sure what he means by "save your codes and..."

And I'd delete his log.

might also tell him its a rule that you must have actual seen/held the coin.

And I'd delete his log.

I asked and told him those very things in my last reply to the emails he has sent me. He stopped replying LOL.

Leaving the log up for a little while, at least until I hear anything from Groundspeak.

hey guy.....

.....sorry, i found the code..... i log the code...... thats the geocaching roule......save your codes and you never have a problem.

Have fun

might also tell him its a rule that you must have actual seen/held the coin. (might not be true but I'd still say it :laughing: )

And I'd delete his log.

Actually, logging a coin without seeing it is Virtual Logging and is against Groundspeaks rules

AND THIS MOST IMPORTANT ONE:

If you log a bogus virtual log on a TB, or offer your own TB up for virtual logging you will risk having that TB page locked forever. This means, if you never saw a bug, but got the bug number and youlog it, that bug is in risk of being taken out of the game. Don't do this to TB owners who inadvertently might post a photo, or someone else posts a photo, of their TB number. Don't log it virtually. It's considered abuse of the system. And it's not fair play.

I wonder if these rules could be formalized a bit and placed on the geocaching.com site itself. Who knows how many people never see tucked away here in the forums, which aren't read by all cachers?

Actually, logging a coin without seeing it is Virtual Logging and is against Groundspeaks rules

If you log a bogus virtual log on a TB, or offer your own TB up for virtual logging you will risk having that TB page locked forever. This means, if you never saw a bug, but got the bug number and youlog it, that bug is in risk of being taken out of the game. Don't do this to TB owners who inadvertently might post a photo, or someone else posts a photo, of their TB number. Don't log it virtually. It's considered abuse of the system. And it's not fair play.

hey guy.....

Have fun

might also tell him its a rule that you must have actual seen/held the coin. (might not be true but I'd still say it :laughing: )

And I'd delete his log.

Sadly, what this means is that the bogus logger is not punished, but the TB/coin owner is punished. That just sucks. :laughing:

It is too bad you can't "archive" a coin in your possession to prevent outside logging.

Just a few observations about Dutzig:

1) He is a "world traveler" and has been all over the US, S. America Russia, and Australia.

1a) For someone who is a "world traveler" he doesn't have that many caches, just 325. If I was a "world traveler" I would have found/placed caches everywhere I had been.

2) He is a platinum Earthcacher.

2a) I noticed that one of his FTF Earthcaches was in Alaska with no picture requirement.

3) On 12 October he logged a cache in Germany (GC3743), a day later he logged a virtual cache in

Qatar (GCHTRV). I doubt the German cache was logged at midnight and the Qatar cache was logged towards the end of the day. I am in the USAF and have been to the Middle East several times. We always land in Germany and depart in the wee hours of the morning. If I remember correctly, after customs, we didn't get home until midnight.

4) On 1 December he logged a cache in Antartica (GCCFD9) which has since been archived by Groundspeak for being an armchair cache. If he logged that cache his integrity is way suspect.

5) Here's a very interesting series of caches: Germany 2Jun07 (GCQ6F1), Antarctica 3Jun07(GCDECD), Oregon 3Jun07 (GC10). GC10 appears to be extremely complicated because it appears in the middle of an ocean. Incredible how someone could travel from Germany to Antarctia to Oregon and back to Germany in 2 days because he logged another find in Germany (GCCOFF) on 4Jun07.

I'm not saying he hasn't done what he said he's done but based on the fact that he is logging a coin he has never seen, and he has obviously logged armchair caches (you will even find a list of armchair caches) I don't think this individual has allot of integrity and is using, "its just a game." as justification.

Just my three cents.

7ofclubs

I too don't like what this guy is doing with this coin, but please note that -at least in Germany- there are a few caches that are supposed to be armchair caches that can't be done outside. I don't know why these caches have been approved, but they are there and you can only find the logging requirements at home and not at the given coordinates. So saying that all people who have logged an armchair cache have no integrity seems not fair to me. You can find such caches in my profile, too (but after having done about 10 of them I lost interest in them, I prefer to go outside for caching).

(Please realize that I don't think it is OK to log normal virtual caches as armchair caches! This is not OK, but is done by more than one cacher from my country :) The Cacher we are talking about might have done that, too)

I do not get it! Aren't the codes completelly different between same coins?

How he found something like that?

To log a coin, you must have seen it from close...actually to hold it in your hand!

He found a code.... so??? I have seen some coins in sites, showing their codes but I didn't log them!!! I do not know if they were active, but....

In your picture, I do not see any code or something!!! BTW, your coin is beautiful!!

I agree that it is a game, but every game has rules that you are obliged to follow!

I do not like how this one person is being singled out here. They are not here to defend themselves or speak for their actions. If the log is bogus, delete it, and send and email to contact@geocaching.com and explain the issue. This thread is being closed. Please remember the guidelines call for respect, regardless of how many finds a person has or has not.