Lost Vista, looking for a cheap or free GPS

Hi all,

Was caching when my Vista must have fallen out into the leaves, the leaves are so deep, we aren't even going to attempt to find it. Anyone got a free, or cheap, GPS for sale?

This time I'm going to quote you so you can't make your question disappear. You have a rough idea where you might have lost a GPS, but finding it might not be easy so you're not even going to try. And now you want to know if someone can provide a free or cheep GPS so you can search for other things that often are not easy to find? Did I understand your post correctly?

Sigh...here we go again--Tell you what--I have a brand new Vista HCX i can give you but I have no vehicle to geocach with so i will trade you--I need a 1962 corvette--4 speed -41/4 horse it has to be black--please don't forget to throw in a shell gas card--I "MIGHT" trade you (maybe)

Add me to the list of folks who'd go back and look for it. the leaves might be deep, but only the top layers are usually loose and I doubt it went down far.

Have a little appreciation for your things and at least go back and try to find it before begging.

This reminds me of my 8 year old daughter who got new bedroom furniture and wasn't really old enough to appreciate it and wrote on it... now she's older, she wishes she had taken better care of her things!

Naomi

Just to follow the logic of the original post:

1. if you dropped a cache in the same leaves, would you post a note to the cache hider telling him "Sorry we lost your cache?"

2. If it was your wallet or keys, would you post asking for a replacement?

There are many charitable people on these forums, but this kind of request must test even them.

Edited by doingitoldschool
Just to follow the logic of the original post:

1. if you dropped a cache in the same leaves, would you post a note to the cache hider telling him "Sorry we lost your cache?"

2. If it was your wallet or keys, would you post asking for a replacement?

There are many charitable people on these forums, but this kind of request must test even them.

Uh-oh don't use that word around me :ph34r:

Alas this above post seems to have flawed logic :laughing: (spock wouldn't be pleased)

because

1) A. You are not the owner of the cache, responsibility comes into play. B. If after looking you couldn't find it, yes you would post that you lost the cache. C. implicit that the location its lost in a small area (few meters from where you found it).

2) A. If this were a wallet forum why wouldn't someone ask if for someone willing to sell a used wallet for cheap? (A few posts down a gps went for $25, that's cheap and below that and old one for free and what he asked for)

And B. keys are unique and not comparable to a generic/multi-user item.

One can always hope for a free gps but the fellow is willing to pay. I guess the problem is nobody knows his definition of cheap: $10, $50, $90?

Must say I'd be going back to the trail before buying for a replacement.

It has to be an April Fools joke if I lost my GPS in some leaves I wouldnt leave untill I can find it. Now tell us the truth did you even have a Vista to start with? If any one has checked out his profile he only has two caches to his credit.

If I was closer I would look for it, I could aways use another GPS.

It has to be an April Fools joke if I lost my GPS in some leaves I wouldnt leave untill I can find it. Now tell us the truth did you even have a Vista to start with? If any one has checked out his profile he only has two caches to his credit.

If I was closer I would look for it, I could aways use another GPS.

And if you look at his posts, the first one states he found without a GPS and his second one was in the middle of the city. The whole story sounds made up.