Moab atv trails in different Latitude/longitude settings I am confused?

Can someone tell me the difference in hddd mm.mmm & hddd.ddddd & hddd mm'ss.s" or there abbreviations?

It seems the trails in the Moab hand book are in hours/minutes.hundredths of minutes.

I am in hddd mm.mmm and would like to change my Garmin 60csx to the Moab trail book settings, so I can plot in the trails.

I know where to change the settings in my GPS I just need to know which one it is.

Any help would be nice.

Thanks

Here are the settings in the book = n38 42.38' w109 54.71'

Edited by Cooptroop5

Can someone tell me the difference in hddd mm.mmm & hddd.ddddd & hddd mm'ss.s" or there abbreviations?

It seems the trails in the Moab hand book are in hours/minutes.hundredths of minutes.

I am in hddd mm.mmm and would like to change my Garmin 60csx to the Moab trail book settings, so I can plot in the trails.

I know where to change the settings in my GPS I just need to know which one it is.

Any help would be nice.

Thanks

H means hemisphere, D degrees, M minutes S seconds.

"Here are the settings in the book = n38 42.38' w109 54.71' "

This is already stated in Hddd mm.mmm. North 38 degrees 42.38 minutes. You are already there.

Any help would be nice.

Thanks

Here's a custom map I made for the ATV trails in Utah. Installs into Mapsource where you can select the map for upload to your GPSr.

Edited by rws

There is a lot of information on Moab trails that is available for GPS use. The state of UT has a free CD (at least did last year) of all the OHV trails in the state. There are also some custom made maps that are free that can be put on Garmin GPSrs. I also have some tracks I had saved from riding there last year I'll be glad to share if you want them.

Any help would be nice.

Thanks

Here's a custom map I made for the ATV trails in Utah. Installs into Mapsource where you can select the map for upload to your GPSr.

How do I down load your tracks to my gps, now that it is in mapsource, under Utah ATV trail (white)

How do I down load your tracks to my gps, now that it is in mapsource, under Utah ATV trail (white)

Did you read the READ_ME_FIRST.txt file included in the zip file?

This is a map not track files. You upload the map to your GPS just as any other Garmin map.

rws, So I down load the map to my gps? from mapsource?, your map is in mapsource like east, west, etc is, how do I download the map from map source?

And if and when I load your map in my gps, will it over lay the topo?

Follow the directions in the READ_ME_FIRST.txt file that was included in the zip file.