What would you spend your money on if geocoins didn't exist?

avroair

If there were no geocoins I would use the money as a bribe! :mad:

1a101e3f-c342-4aa9-945f-96f9c56ec8c6.jpg

:):blink::mad::mad::mad:

Well, It is said that fishermen and hunters are telling many lies, but....

There is a joke for them!

One day, a hunter and a fisherman met and started saying their stories...

The fisherman started first:

- One day I was fishing in a lake! I was alone! after some time, I felt something and realized that I cought something good! It was big!!! It was huge!! A giant fish was caught!!! I am talking about a 3m long fish!!!

I had to bring a track to carry it!!!

The hunter didn't react at all!

"So, what is your story??? " the fisherman said laughing!

- well my story is a little...... I will start telling you and you will see! (the hunter said)

I was in a forest hunting and I saw a bush moving! I was sure that a deer was behind the bush! I fired and heard a strange woice! There was no deer! It was the forest guard! He was dead! I didn't know what to do! I was facing jail, so...I opened a hole and burried him there, in the forest! While I was ending, I realized that a couple who were in love, was there just to be alone... and they saw me!!! So, I shoot them too killed them and I made a hole for them too!......

The fisherman was socked! He didn't know what to say!!!

The hunter continued!

..... while I was closing the hole with the bodies of the couple, I saw that a scool bus had stoped and all the children inside had seen the whole thing! So....

- Oh no!!!! Do not tell me that you killed the children too??? The fisherman screamed!!!

- Well....if you do not "cut" at least 2m from the fish you said in your story, and say the real length, I will kill them all!!!! :unsure::(

This is just a joke ok? :mad:

I would buy a island where we come all together and if we have hunger then we call storm of the x-men that change water in ice,

daredevil can learn us how to icefishing and if we have dinner then storm will bring the warm sun back and we enjoye the sunset with a bottle of wine and beer.

when it`s dark then we can go do a nightcache that GEO.ERROR have made for us....

maybe this island is a good one :unsure:

au110.jpg

I think it sounds great. I am game. The only thing we have to worry about is

cache saturation! :(

Is this photo showing an island from Maldives?

it`s a island near australia it called Reiger island

Winners:

I would get a Life.
- motocycle boi

We might replace our old jalopy...
- gbots

spend time with grandson
- menace66

go back to collecting and restoring Ancient coins
- theotokos

And the fifth you get to decide. :)

Congratulation to the winners so far!! LUCKY! :)

When do we vote for the 5th?

WOW! 4 winners already! Congrats!!! :-D

Ok, now an other one!

From the time we are starting our life (9 months in our mothers belly and after), until we die, we are only trying to find true love and true happiness!

What I would do with the money? It is simple! I would spend it with the persons who first showed me their love- my parents- and with the person that showed me what love is, my girlfriend! :)

I was under the impression that there were going to be 5 winners and then the cointest was extended a week and one more winner(coin/prize) was going to be added. For a total of 6 winners??

Put my vote towards.............GATOULIS. GATOULIS makes me laugh!! Thats why! :):)

I would give all the money to Avroair so he can keep holding really cool :) themed events so he can get the idea to make some really cool :) themed geocoins that would be really cool :) to buy but wait I gave Avroair all my money so he could hold really cool :) events and make really cool :) coins that I could buy........ :)

I was under the impression that there were going to be 5 winners and then the cointest was extended a week and one more winner(coin/prize) was going to be added. For a total of 6 winners??

Put my vote towards.............GATOULIS. GATOULIS makes me laugh!! Thats why! :):)

:) :laughing

Thank you my friend! I am glad that I can make you laugh! Laugh is something importand in our lifes! :)

I hope Avrair will forgive me by placing an other joke! It is for Dardevle and for fishing!!! :)

Dardelve! I am always writing incorrectly your codename and all the time I am correcting it!!! :)

Anyway... Here is the joke!

It was afternoon and a man from a beautiful island of Aegean came for fishing in the beach! He trowed the fishing line in the sea, lied on his elbows and started watching the sunset! He was waiting for a fish to eat the bait and get caught!

After some time, a bussinesman came to the beach to relax from the stress caused from his work!

When he saw the fisherman he went close to him and told him:

- You are not doing well! By that way, you will not catch any fishes!!! You have to wet your @ss if you want to fish!!!

- For what reason? the fisherman asked.

- You will sell the fishes and you will have a profit!!!

- But for what reason??

- After some time, with the profits, you will buy a fish net so you will catch more fishes!!!

- For what reason??? the fisherman asked again!

The bussinesman was annoying with that but continued:

- By catching more fishes you will be able to buy a small boat and make more money!!

- For what reason??? The fisherman asked again!

The bussinesman started getting nervious with the fisherman who was making the same question again and again, but continued!

- With the money you will get a bigger boat and you will hired men to help you!

- But for what reason????

The bussenman was red from anger!!!

- but you do not understand??? In a few years you will have your own fleet from fishing boats with a lot of men working for you and fishing in all the seas of the planet, just for you!!!

- But for what reason???? The fisherman said calm, once again!

- by that you can enter your fishing company in the stock market you will get very rich and then with no problems at all, the only thing you will do is sitting in the beach and watching the sunset!!!

- Why??? What I am doing now???

* I hope I didn't "killed" the joke in translation!!! :)

I think I would like to get GATOULIS a notebook, mail it to him, and have him write in it

all his funny jokes and stories. Then make it a book for everyone to see how funny and

caring he is to people. :) Then he could make lots of money and do all he dreams of!

Edited by dardevle

Wow, thanks Mark. I appreciate your generosity.

I guess it's a toss up between Dardevle and Gatoulis for my vote for the 5th giveway. It's a tough call but I will say Dardevle since I really do like to ice fish myself and I think dardevle does too.

Again, thanks for the cointest Mark

I got to thinking about Ice fishing again. :P And a couple 2yrs ago for Christmas my uncle Loren

bought me a really nice Frabill tip-up made of wood. Well.....it looked so nice to me that I put it up in the closet shelf. I know what you are thinking,and I am sorry, I should have used it. But I did not. Just this winter I decided that I would take it down and string it up with 50# braided tip-up line and try it out. WOW, I sure do like it. I use a 10 inch augar and this tip-up was nice and long and I did not worry at all about it shifting from side to side and "maybe" being pulled into the hole. Right know I have 2-10 inch round insulated tip-ups, 2 of your run of the mill $10.99 plastic cheapies and one of the nice wooden Frabills. If there were no geocoins I would definatley pick up at least 2 more of the wooden frabill tip-ups. It is always nice to have a back up if a hook gets straightened or a leader breaks. If you have an extra that means less down time for fishing. Once the extra is in the hole then retie the other one. Anyways. Thats' what I would Buy!! :D

90eb91f9-db76-46ec-a931-a43e747eb86a.jpg

Sorry Avroair,but I found a joke that GATOULIS might enjoy! You can use it in your comedy act. :P

A guy gets up really early in the morning to go ice fishing. He goes out onto the ice with his tent, his pick and his fishing rod, and starts to pick at the ice. Then he hears a big booming voice: "THERE'S NO FISH UNDER THE ICE"

The guy looks around and then starts to pick at the ice again. Then he hears the voice again: "THERE'S NO FISH UNDER THE ICE"

Now the guy is getting a little edgy. He looks up, "God, is that you?"

There is no answer, so he starts picking again. "THERE'S NO FISH UNDER THE ICE!!"

Then the guy yells "God! is that you?"

"NO, IT'S THE MANAGER OF THE ICE RINK!!" :D:D:D

Edited by dardevle

I have been thinking about one of my posts since I made it post #68 below---thinking and thinking and more thinking about that post. Finally, I went to the English Springer Spaniel Rescue Organization site at www.springerrescue.org. There is a dog there that I really, really like and is pretty close to me so I filled out the application again. I am now sitting on pins and needles waiting for the replies.

So I have to thank you Mark for this thread. It seems that it made me think about what I really wanted and gave me the little push I needed to start the ball rolling. :D

What would I use my geocin money for if there were no coins......I have just been checking my email and I think it has been trying to tell me something. Across the top of the page are banner ads and for the last several days when I sign in, the ad has been for Pro Plan dog food with pictures of two springers. Each time I see those pics it makes me smile but it is a sad smile. Last year I lost my springer Abbey to an illness that if treated correctly may not have been fatal. I still miss her terribly and if I could I would buy/adopt another springer so that I could have two dogs to feed Pro Plan and of course cache with! But since there are no geocoins they would then have a tb tag on their collar. :D

Abbey50805edit.jpg

My vote goes too LadyBeet4, she is the real winner of this cointest :P

I am going to light for every coiner a candle on the internet

candle.jpg

Thanks to Geocoins and geocoins forum i met you all :P

I want to say thanks to the coiners in this great communion, i feel me so welcome, just likes a family. :D

Thanks for everything you do for me and others

If you look behind in my forumpost ,you see that you can go to the candles special for coiners who needs support [Just click on the black word here :D]

I would vote for ladyBee but whoever wins , Buy me some Peanut Butter ( JIF Crunchy ) :D

What a coincidence, I have a Jar of Jiffy Crunchy peanut butter that I bought yesterday.

Still have not opened it. HMMMM, looks like I get to eat it today!!! :D None for you! :P

Sorry Avroair,but I found a joke that GATOULIS might enjoy! You can use it in your comedy act. :)

A guy gets up really early in the morning to go ice fishing. He goes out onto the ice with his tent, his pick and his fishing rod, and starts to pick at the ice. Then he hears a big booming voice: "THERE'S NO FISH UNDER THE ICE"

The guy looks around and then starts to pick at the ice again. Then he hears the voice again: "THERE'S NO FISH UNDER THE ICE"

Now the guy is getting a little edgy. He looks up, "God, is that you?"

There is no answer, so he starts picking again. "THERE'S NO FISH UNDER THE ICE!!"

Then the guy yells "God! is that you?"

"NO, IT'S THE MANAGER OF THE ICE RINK!!" :D:D:D

:D:)B):P

That was a great Joke!!!

Let's see....do you know the traditional was of Ice fishing eskimoes do? (I am joking of course!!!)

Just see here:

icefishing.jpg

About my vote...I really wish I had more votes than one! I saw some great posts, some great things happening by saving plants or animals... I had fun and learned about ice fishing, I laughed with jokes too...

Where shall I give my vote?

Well...I hope I will not disappoint anyone! we are all winners after all! :)

I got one so I will give one! B)

Dardevle...you got my vote too!!! :)

LOLOLOLOLOLOLO :P:D I had to copy that cartoon GATOULIS. That is the funniest

thing I have seen in a long time. My cheeks hurt from laughing so hard. Thanks for all the laughs

and getting to know you and others a bit better.

Another thing I think I would get if there were no geocoins would be a high end digital camera.

Our family loves taking pictures. We figure that someday pictures is all we will have. And

someday our kids will look back and say that is my mom and dad. I remember all the fun we had!

Let's see....do you know the traditional was of Ice fishing eskimoes do? (I am joking of course!!!)

<image removed by moderator - please keep things family-friendly>

:D:D:laughing: You've got real good humor, Galoulis :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

Dardevle, hint maybe is this a good design for a coin??

Mov43D.png

I like it. I would be in for a few forsure. :D I really wish a fishing coin was made. I've seen the trout one but

I do not fish for them. Something a little more general and not so specific. Gone fishing works great!

Edited by dardevle

avroair thanks for the coin test, it was a nice one :anibad:

I have learned many about ice fishing and will try out perhaps once such as the cartoon let to see :grin: but I have been also moved by all beautiful recover of all of you .

anyway i give my vote to LADYBEE4t :(

i hope that she gets her speniel very soon............

B) I vote for Dardevle since :

"April should be the last full month off for the winter till I go back to work. I have to try to get out caching before before work starts up again because long hours does not leave much time for caching. " - - -

No wonder he has enough time to post in these here forums :DB)

Not that I spend that much on coins, But I think Merkman needs a winter coat!

I think I have some material at home to make one, maybe I'll use my "old tank-tops".

That would keep him warmer at least! Especially while we are Ice Fishing.

Can't wait to get out next year already!

71176324-7185-4ff3-accf-011e1021cab6.jpg

Edited by dardevle