What would you spend your money on if geocoins didn't exist?

avroair

Oh Dardevle!!!

Do not worry about the tickets etc! Do not even worry that until we come with Geoerror, we will have to warm it again! :lol:

Remember the time machine of Geoerror? Well, We will take it and will come there just in time...or actually before you even think to start fire for barbeque! By that way, we will help too! :wub:

Oh Dardevle!!!

Do not worry about the tickets etc! Do not even worry that until we come with Geoerror, we will have to warm it again! :wub:

Remember the time machine of Geoerror? Well, We will take it and will come there just in time...or actually before you even think to start fire for barbeque! By that way, we will help too! :wub:

You're right that we can use the timemachine because the ribs from Dardevle are legendary :lol:

I would buy the chocolate factory here in holland,

then can everyone come take a dive in a chocolate bathe and eat nice chocolate.

it would be called Lorca`s chocolte factory instead of sjackie`s.. that`s a nice dream :lol:

de_chocolade_fabriek_204_tcm42-133352.jpg

Edited by lorca.nl

I have been thinking about one of my posts since I made it post #68 below---thinking and thinking and more thinking about that post. Finally, I went to the English Springer Spaniel Rescue Organization site at www.springerrescue.org. There is a dog there that I really, really like and is pretty close to me so I filled out the application again. I am now sitting on pins and needles waiting for the replies.

So I have to thank you Mark for this thread. It seems that it made me think about what I really wanted and gave me the little push I needed to start the ball rolling. :lol:

What would I use my geocin money for if there were no coins......I have just been checking my email and I think it has been trying to tell me something. Across the top of the page are banner ads and for the last several days when I sign in, the ad has been for Pro Plan dog food with pictures of two springers. Each time I see those pics it makes me smile but it is a sad smile. Last year I lost my springer Abbey to an illness that if treated correctly may not have been fatal. I still miss her terribly and if I could I would buy/adopt another springer so that I could have two dogs to feed Pro Plan and of course cache with! But since there are no geocoins they would then have a tb tag on their collar. :wub:

Abbey50805edit.jpg

I have been thinking about one of my posts since I made it post #68 below---thinking and thinking and more thinking about that post. Finally, I went to the English Springer Spaniel Rescue Organization site at www.springerrescue.org. There is a dog there that I really, really like and is pretty close to me so I filled out the application again. I am now sitting on pins and needles waiting for the replies.

So I have to thank you Mark for this thread. It seems that it made me think about what I really wanted and gave me the little push I needed to start the ball rolling. :lol:

What would I use my geocin money for if there were no coins......I have just been checking my email and I think it has been trying to tell me something. Across the top of the page are banner ads and for the last several days when I sign in, the ad has been for Pro Plan dog food with pictures of two springers. Each time I see those pics it makes me smile but it is a sad smile. Last year I lost my springer Abbey to an illness that if treated correctly may not have been fatal. I still miss her terribly and if I could I would buy/adopt another springer so that I could have two dogs to feed Pro Plan and of course cache with! But since there are no geocoins they would then have a tb tag on their collar. :wub:

Abbey50805edit.jpg

Wow, this cointest saves a dog. Thanks for doing this ladybee4t and thanks Avroair for this cointest.

i've got a feeling that i won this cointest because what you did

i hope you understand, i've got tears in my eyes. thanks thanks thanks

Edited by Geo.Error

So I have to thank you Mark for this thread. It seems that it made me think about what I really wanted and gave me the little push I needed to start the ball rolling. :wub:

What would I use my geocin money for if there were no coins......I have just been checking my email and I think it has been trying to tell me something. Across the top of the page are banner ads and for the last several days when I sign in, the ad has been for Pro Plan dog food with pictures of two springers. Each time I see those pics it makes me smile but it is a sad smile. Last year I lost my springer Abbey to an illness that if treated correctly may not have been fatal. I still miss her terribly and if I could I would buy/adopt another springer so that I could have two dogs to feed Pro Plan and course cache with! But since there are no geocoins they would then have a tb tag on their collar. :lol:

Abbey50805edit.jpg

I truly hope you are selected. That dog is a beauty ;) My younger brother had 2 of them that he used for birding . . . "Brindy" and Asti Spumanti! :wub:

Edited by fairyhoney

it would be called Lorca`s chocolte factory instead of sjackie`s.. that`s a nice dream :wub:

I hear that chocolate is Good for the skin :lol:

it would be called Lorca`s chocolte factory instead of sjackie`s.. that`s a nice dream :wub:

Fairyhoney, mud too ;)

If you look at our Error, he is be plastered everyday with mud, he is soft, smells nice, shines go so on. :wub:

Fairyhoney, mud too :P

If you look at our Error, he is be plastered everyday with mud, he is soft, smells nice, shines go so on. :wub:

Yes, I heard about certain muds being good for one's skin. Our dogs choose to find the stinkiest thing around (usually dead worms) to roll in So, needless to say, They Do Not smell so great. As for their mud, they only proceed to make muddy paw prints when they come in - can't seem to teach them how to wipe their feet ;)

I truly hope you are selected. That dog is a beauty :lol: My younger brother had 2 of them that he used for birding . . . "Brindy" and Asti Spumanti! :wub:

Thank you! I have my fingers crossed and think that they have already contacted my vet. The dog in the picture is Abbey the dog I lost last year. I truly miss her terribly. Coins are only pieces of metal and they can't give you something as great as puppy dog kisses!! LOL

Now that the snow is finally melting I think I would invest in a squirrel catapult. We have sooooo many squirrels in our area and they dig up the garden and flowers....try not to think less of me. Squirrels are such a nuissance. Last year it was great because we had some nesting falcons in our yard and they did a great job of squirrel control. But they left in the late summer after having 5 babies.

squirrel_catapult.jpg

Wow, this cointest saves a dog. Thanks for doing this ladybee4t and thanks Avroair for this cointest.

You know I hadn't thought about what I did in those terms but you may be exactly right. The cointest may save a dog. Maybe if I am chosen that will call for a cointest.....

and yes I do completely understand

With the money I would go in a chinese restaurant and...eat, eat, eat!!! :P

I like Chinese food, and .....I am just going for a test drive in one of them!!! :wub:

Test drive? Test eat! ;)

You Do realize that the "Chinese" restaurants in these here United States serve "Americanized" recipes :wub::lol::) .

You know I hadn't thought about what I did in those terms but you may be exactly right. The cointest may save a dog. Maybe if I am chosen that will call for a cointest.....

and yes I do completely understand

(fingers crossed) HOPE :wub: ! HOPE :lol: ! HOPE :wub: !

it is a good question ` what you do with the money`.

my boss has some idea`s but the must idea`s fall in nothing by what I do the kindest,

run in the bunches as my little bosses are cachen or geocoins exist or not.

a3a8328d-fc49-4c74-b51b-efda90db2077.jpg

they can use of course the money for buy more nice bones for me.... :wub::lol:

So I have to thank you Mark for this thread. It seems that it made me think about what I really wanted and gave me the little push I needed to start the ball rolling. ;)

Abbey50805edit.jpg

i hope that your little sad smile changed in a happy smile as you have the replies...

our hope`s are for you :wub::lol:

I hear that chocolate is Good for the skin :P

Fairyhoney, mud too :lol:

If you look at our Error, he is be plastered everyday with mud, he is soft, smells nice, shines go so on. :)

Yes, I heard about certain muds being good for one's skin. Our dogs choose to find the stinkiest thing around (usually dead worms) to roll in So, needless to say, They Do Not smell so great. As for their mud, they only proceed to make muddy paw prints when they come in - can't seem to teach them how to wipe their feet :)

we know the problem how more mud how more fun the have but it`s also so sweet ;)

maybe it`s better the buy a factory who make chocolate that also is good for dogs like doggie chocolate.

it`s brown to............ :wub:

it would be called Lorca`s chocolte factory instead of sjackie`s.. that`s a nice dream :lol:

I hear that chocolate is Good for the skin :wub:

Fairyhoney, mud too :P

If you look at our Error, he is be plastered everyday with mud, he is soft, smells nice, shines go so on. ;)

Yes, I heard about certain muds being good for one's skin. Our dogs choose to find the stinkiest thing around (usually dead worms) to roll in So, needless to say, They Do Not smell so great. As for their mud, they only proceed to make muddy paw prints when they come in - can't seem to teach them how to wipe their feet :)

C'mon out west and let them try the mud at the Great Salt lake.... :wub:

salt%20lake.JPG

50490929.JPG

These are the only thing that lives (and dies) in the lake.

Edited by GBOTS

I really got to thinking about what I would do if geocoins did not exist. All the funny jokes aside

and the far fetched ideas of snow makers and tree houses. I'll start with a short story.

It happened about one weekend ago today. To be exact it was last saturday at 5:24pm. I was

Ice fishing up on Lake of the Woods. One of mt fishing poles is rigged with a bobber and a little glow jig

12 inches off the bottom. My other rod is set up for jigging. I can not tell you exactly what I was using

:wub: (Top Secret) ;) but I can tell you that it was a blue glowing rattle jig. I was bouncing

it off the bottom and bringing it up 12-24 inche off bottom and then back down. I was watching my vexilar

and my jig came off the bottom and up from the bottom came a fish. Now, using a vexilar only lets you see

something is there but you do not know what. So..... as my jig dropped to the bottom again it HIT!

WHAMMM, I set the hook with a quick jerk and it was game on. Me against what ever was at the other

end of my line. Line was spinning of my spool and the fight was just getting good, when......SNAP, my line

went limp. :wub::lol: Nooooo. There went my magic lure. The only one that I jig with that I

had that much faith and confidence in that seem to give magical fishing powers of the gods. GONE.

I immediatly dove across the fish house to grab my Ice fishing jigs. I scramble to find another one

of these mystica,l rattling, jigging, glow-in-the-dark, forever my favorite lure. I could have cried.... :P

EMPTY, completly EMPTY. NO MORE OFF THEM!!!!!! I sat by my hole in the ice staring down through the

ice for what seemed like an hour. Wondering how big the fish was that did this to me. Fishing was

not the same after "The Event" but I did make it through with another boring fish lure. Yea, I still caught

a few nice ones but the lure I had SOOOOOO nuch faith in, was no more. I will be doing all I can until

next Ice fishing season to get at least a half dozen of these magical Ice fishing jigs. May the force be with

me in my bait store searches. :)

Oh boy! I just came back home! I ate a lot..... so I can say that with the money, I would buy lots of Soda waters!!!

At least it was great! Ok, probably they maditerranized their recipes here too, but I still like it! :wub:

Actually, the restaurant belongs to Vietnamese people, so they may have recipes from Vietnam too! :lol:

..............SNAP, my line

went limp. ;):wub: Nooooo. There went my magic lure. The only one that I jig with that I

had that much faith and confidence in that seem to give magical fishing powers of the gods. GONE.

I immediatly dove across the fish house to grab my Ice fishing jigs. I scramble to find another one

of these mystica,l rattling, jigging, glow-in-the-dark, forever my favorite lure. I could have cried.... :)

EMPTY, completly EMPTY. NO MORE OFF THEM!!!!!! I sat by my hole in the ice staring down through the

ice for what seemed like an hour. Wondering how big the fish was that did this to me. Fishing was

not the same after "The Event" but I did make it through with another boring fish lure. Yea, I still caught

a few nice ones but the lure I had SOOOOOO nuch faith in, was no more. I will be doing all I can until

next Ice fishing season to get at least a half dozen of these magical Ice fishing jigs. May the force be with

me in my bait store searches. :wub:

NO, dardevle, THAT was an Old boot your line got snagged on :):P:lol:

IF I hadn't been able to spend ALL That money on geocoins, I think I would try to go to the "Kentucky Derby"

and go in style. I think I'd have to buy some fancy clothing to wear :lol: . I'd also visit the "Museum of the American Quilter's Society" in Paducah, Kentucky while over there.

PLUS, I'd get in and watch the equestrian events at the Olympics.

Ya know there fairyhoney, it could have been a old boot. I like to think it was a fish

though just for stories. Plus it makes me feel better thinking it was a fish. <_<

What time tonight does this cointest end?

When do we vote on which one we like the most?

Just curious!

Hello my friend! :unsure:

Well, it says that the cointest ends on Saturday night!

I do not know exact time!

Here in Greece, it is already Sunday 6th of April!!!

Hmm...I live in the future!!! :D

Just kiding!

Keewee lives in the far future! :D

I am a little confused with the time the forum has! <_<

Hello my friend! :D

Just kiding!

I am a little confused with the time the forum has! :unsure:

Me too. The time in the forums is 3 hrs bhind what it is in Minnesota.

Now I understand why they say you live in the Future GATOULIS.

Thats pretty neat! <_<

No matter what time it ends, I don't see how a winner (winners) will be selected. We KNOW of only one person who craves ice fishing. I crave ice, But I chew on mine :D .

We know that one of us ( she lives in Sweden and is a transplant of Texas) was able to get a job.

We know that Lorca.nl, Geo.Error, and GATOULIS have the purest and kindest hearts

AND WE Really want LadyBee4T to get her Springer Spaniel.

BUT we must remamber that IF there were No such things as geocoins <_<:unsure: ,

WE would Not have met :D !

No matter what time it ends, I don't see how a winner (winners) will be selected. We KNOW of only one person who craves ice fishing. I crave ice, But I chew on mine :D .

We know that one of us ( she lives in Sweden and is a transplant of Texas) was able to get a job.

We know that Lorca.nl, Geo.Error, and GATOULIS have the purest and kindest hearts

AND WE Really want LadyBee4T to get her Springer Spaniel.

BUT we must remamber that IF there were No such things as geocoins <_<:D ,

Yes! that for sure! As I wrote in one of my posts! If there were no geocoins, I wouldn't be a geocacher, I wouldn't be here, I wouldn't have all that fun, I wouldn't know you!!!

I saw the Greek GC in the net while I was searching (accidently) and...here I am! :D

So, My existance as Gatoulis here in Geocaching is because of a geocoin!!!

Oh! Fairyhoney....Thank you for your kind words!! :unsure::D

You are a real fairyhoney!!! :D

You are all great too my friends!!! :D

Just kiding!

I am a little confused with the time the forum has! :unsure:

Yep - so how wants to know the up coming lottery numbers? <_<

Just kiding!

I am a little confused with the time the forum has! :D

Yep - so how wants to know the up coming lottery numbers? <_<

:unsure::D:D:D

Did I hear some one say they had lottery numbers? :D Like you guys have been saying.

Sometimes the best thing about these cointest is that with every one we participate in we all

get to know each other a little better and it brings us closer as friend. I am glad there are geocoins

like GATOULIS said. Because without them I would not be here in this forum meeting great people

and making friendships, no matter how long distance they seem to be. I would hope that if the day ever came where some one from the forums here were in my neck of the woods they would give me a shout

and we could try to meet and visa vers.

We also know that everyone here has a great sense of humor and we can all agree and it has been said,

that without geocoins we would not have met. :unsure: And without saying it like fairyhoney did....post #214

says it. <_<:D

So...Thanks avroair for this cointest, If not for the coins then for the friendships that were made stronger

and better because of it!!! :D

BUT we must remamber that IF there were No such things as geocoins <_<:unsure: ,

You are absolutely right here Fairyhoney!! I would have not met so many nice people and made so many great friends if not for this forum..........

I would take a trip to Ireland with my favorite Aunt. We love to go places and seek out treasures, and she has even decided she likes to geocache, so now we have another fun thing to do. Who knows maybe next year we can go and even say hi to some cachers there. :unsure:

Second thing would be to have everyone who posts on the forums get to gether for a "family" reunion as that is what I feel we have all become. <_<

I would take a trip to Ireland with my favorite Aunt. We love to go places and seek out treasures, and she has even decided she likes to geocache, so now we have another fun thing to do. Who knows maybe next year we can go and even say hi to some cachers there. :unsure:

Second thing would be to have everyone who posts on the forums get to gether for a "family" reunion as that is what I feel we have all become. <_<

I remember family reunions when I was a young one. They WERE fun :D

"I remember family reunions when I was a young one. They WERE fun "

Let me clarify. When I was young , as with everyone else in the family. WE were all pretty much the same "poorness" Life was SO much different. My family lived in Seattle, while everyone else lived near my Grandma and grandpa. Every other Sunday, we'd go across the Narrows Bridge, to their house. My Grandma usually had a pan of homemade rolls raising on her wood stove. YUM.

Oh, yeah, about the reunion. I remember one when my family moved up from a year in Louisiana. It just so

happen to coincide with my Uncle Bob's birthday. SO, everybody was there even my Uncle Buddy who just got out of the army.

We always got together for dessert after Thanksgiving and for 4th of July. As all of us kids got older and married, the family pretty much quit getting together. My parents rented the Grange Hall a couple of times to facilitate about 2 "reunions". My Mom hosted one a couple of years ago. Now we only get together if there is a death or a wedding.

I guess the moral of this story is when people are the same poorness and younger, it is important to "stick together" When kids grow and people's worth gets to be more $, they tend to drift away <_<

thank you for nice words and all of you have absolut right,

if there no coins then I was not cachen and not I didn`t met all of you...

so i spend my money for a bunch of tulips from Netherland for all of you :unsure:

tulpen_bos.jpg

it`s sunday morning here in the Netherlands and the sun is shinning and we go cachen and what are we going to drop..........yep a coin <_<