What would you spend your money on if geocoins didn't exist?

avroair

Here's another idea I've always dreamed of and might be able to afford if not afflicted with this addiction...open my own Adventure Caching Tour Guide Services!

I'd move out to Vegas (love the mountains and landscapes here, plus better centrally located to my own desires), buy a couple of Humvee's, 4-wheelers, kayaks, and camping equipment. I'd then offer my services (at a small fee of course) to others who'd love to enjoy adventures but don't want to or can't spend the big bucks for the toys!! I'd be more than happy to go anywhere near or far (as commisioned to) in search of mountains to climb, rivers to raft or kayak and terrain to 4-wheel...and of course CACHE!!

I'd love to be able to do this, but merely stopping buying coins wouldn't even give enough money to buy the gas for this endeavor!! One can always dream!!

I would spend all my money booking in for one of Rockin Roddy's tours !

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

What would I do if I actually had real money instead of the geocoin type? (Is there really such a concept?)

Well I think I would hire somebody with a bit of muscle and knowledge of motorcycles to troubleshoot and fix my enduro motorcycles so that I can be like Wille Nelson and sing "On the Road Again" at the top of my lungs while riding the trails! (I think the bike would be loud enough that no one but me would know--at least I hope so!) :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

IM000134.jpg

WOW, if geocoins did not exist, which I do not buy to many now, I would buy more

fishing lures. Mostly ice fishing jigs. Can not have enough ice fishing stuff.

Here is a picture I took this weekend from our Lake of the Woods fishing trip. This is

how the resorts get there ice houses and clients out to there fish houses. We were 22.93

miles from shore from this spot. The ice was 42 inches thick here. We rode our

4-wheelers out. So yep, I'd buy more ice fishing stuff!!!! :laughing:

045208cd-0b7d-4098-8296-76ca44c9b190.jpg

Well, if there were no geocoins, I would spent the money in making the first!!!

Ok, no Moun10bike, but probably GatouliCoins!!!!

I wouldn't stay there, but I would invent Geobanknotes!!! I am wondering why nobody made anything like that!

They would probably had face value in Geocoins! I am talking about notes of 1 & 2 geocoins value!

The maker would print them with the help of a GCminting company, and you could exchange them in the maker of in the company with geocoins or geocaching things!

The notes would had pictures with geocaching theme selected by the maker, the name of the maker, his symbol if he has, and maybe a tracking number!!!

These notes could be paper in plactic leaf.. so they wouldn't easily be destroyed from water etc, and could be FTF prices!

Of course, there is a posibility that they would had a tracking number and have missions like geocoins, but this needs a lot of thinking first! If they have owner, how to exchange them?

the problem is that GC have not a standart cost! If they had, it would had been easy to exchange them in real GC that the guy who has it likes, or even other things for geocaching!

How about to have values like...10 geodollars or something that has to do with geocaching? ... 5 geocach! :laughing:

they could even had advertisments on them for companies who mint coins, or special events, missions etc! I do not know if that is allowed!

I know, that what I am thinking can not be done! I do not know if it is allowed too!

It is just a dream! :laughing:

:laughing: Well, before geocoins (before geocaching, too) I collected Beanie Babies. :laughing: I still have three or four boxes full of the lil critters. Ya know anyone who is looking for any?

CF30

Try this cache [link]http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=40e10c05-21c9-4244-a061-e5697c98f304[/link] Last I checked there were none in there...Just a huge life like baby doll that was rather creepy seein stuffed in a five gallon bucket! :rolleyes:

That cache is a bit (about 3000 miles) out of my neighborhood. :lol: I think I'm gonna e-*** 'em If I can at least get the money I spent on them back I could spend it on more geocoins! :laughing:

But if I could buy no more geocoins..... hmm, I guess I would just get my bills paid off a LOT quicker! :laughing:

Or alternativly, more $$$ for road trips! :huh:;):o

CF30

Can I ask something? Until when we can post for the cointest?

I will say something generally! I do not know if it counts!

If geocoins didn't exist... Our fantasy and our dreams would be locked in our mind! The money we spent, we give them becasue we want to! So, if there were no coins, the money would probably turned in something else! something that may gives as instantly pleasure like junk food but after that would fill us with guilts for our body weight etc! Money would turn into clothes that we wear only one or two times and them we let them stay in a closet!

By making a geocoin, we are just sharing our dreams with other people who may be far far away from us...with people who do not even know!

Fantasy and dreams...something rare in the world we are living! Even if we are old by making them we are going back in time when we were children!

...and we give happiness to others too!

A tiny piece of metal can unite people from other places! If they didn't exist....most of us would be strangers between strangers!

In this post, I didn't mention what I would do the money! I didn't just because I would do the same thing as we all really would do.....the same thing as I wrote! :laughing:

I am sorry for mistakes, bad spelling etc! If I was writting in Greek....I am just wondering who would read them!!! :laughing:

:laughing: Well, before geocoins (before geocaching, too) I collected Beanie Babies. :laughing: I still have three or four boxes full of the lil critters. Ya know anyone who is looking for any?

CF30

:laughing: My oldest daughter collects beanie babies...Not showing her this post lol :laughing:

Well, I stopped collecting them about 3 or so years ago (and I have a complete set of Asia/Pacific bears - the ones with the regional flowers - Singapore, New Zealand etc. that were only sold over there...) so they are all older BBs... BUT this is off the topic so you'd have to e-mail me off list anyway... :rolleyes:

CF30

What I want the extra money can't buy; a chance to give my grandma one last hug and 'I love you' before she passed, for my parents to be 'here' as long as I am, a few extra years with Dakota and Cowboy, health for my family and friends and with whatever was left; a lifetime supply of nutella :laughing:

This is my final answer. Thanks for the cointest.

Raised in a family of collectors - there will always be something in my life. BGC (before Geocoins) it was collecting anything to do with Boxer dogs.......jewelry, books, figurines, trinkets, stuffed animals - you name it. I amassed a huge collection. For over 5 years, I have been sending boxes full of stuff off to our National Speciality Show so the items could be sold at auction for their fund raisers (to benefits health reasearch for the breed). This year there will be another shipment.

If there were no more Geocoins, my habit would be replaced with collecting something the family might enjoy together. Perhaps hunting and fishing related (rods, reels, guns, etc.) or related to the Abanakis (such as baskets, beadwork, handwork or the like).

Thanks for the cointest!

Ok, one last for today and I am going to sleep! It is very late in Greece! 4:30 in the morning!!

If GC didn't exist, we would have wooden nickels! :laughing:

They must be great too! Hope to find one! (how they are made??? You take a pice of wood, you make it round and stamp it?)

Anyway... What I would do the money..... I would make a surprice to my parents! I would like to send them in a trip to a foreign country!

My mother mother visited France once, but my father have never been abroad! I would likehim to see something different!

It would be a "Thank you" for everything they did and still do for me!

Good night my friends! See you...in a few hours! :laughing:

Hire a jet charter plane. Fill it up with good caching friends... fly around the world, visiting wonderful caches. Of course, we would have chaffeur driven airport pick ups and 4WD SUVs available.

Bribe local cachers to have all the spots sussed out and easy finds, but with a bit of adventure thrown in....

like kayak through glowworms canyons at night,

Abseiling down a cliff,

Scaling a cliff (well, maybe put in a cable car for those less agile)

And ensure that at least 30% are under 18.

Another 30% are those that would never have been able to travel this way and therefore it becomes a VERY special trip.....

well, one can dream.

I would personally go back to my former addiction of collecting rare and unusual photographs such as my Nude 3-D photos of John Candy and Ernest Borgnine.

I need bleach... badly... my eyes (and brain) need disinfectiong afther this image has gone through!!

JIM, how could you, roflmao!

Naomi :laughing:

Good morning / evening to all! :laughing:

Geoerror!!! Nice time machine!!! Can I use it too? :laughing:

Well...with the money I would buy a ticket from Geo Error for a time travel!

I am just qurious....how Beautiful was Helen of Troy so this great war between Greeks and Trojans lasted for 10 years???? :laughing::laughing:

I would save the money and if I have enough I will pay the whale hunters off so that they leave the whales alone.

I want nobody offend because I now that in some countries it`s a tradition to eat whale but sometimes you must say enough.

Edited by lorca.nl

Hmm. I've only been collecting for a month now and haven't figured out what I'm going to have to give up to support my new habit!

But the budget I've set myself is close to what I had budgeted for scuba diving. So, if coins didn't exist, I'd do twice as much diving! :):D

Or maybe put the money towards some of those waterproof Pelican cases and create some underwater caches.

I got up this morning and had another idea what to buy if I had real money instead of geocoins.

I am right now dogsitting for my son at his house while he is in sunny Mexico. He has two very nice but big labrador retrievers. I would buy him a king sized bed so that I at least have SOME place to sleep when I dog sit!! They are definitely bed hogs..... :)

I have not even got one coin yet so you cant call me an addict just yet, but a local person has shown me a few and I hate to say I think I will be hooked fairly soon, that is as fast as I can actually find one and of course if not, then I will give up nutella for a whole week to be able to buy one.

Well I think I would hire somebody with a bit of muscle and knowledge of motorcycles to troubleshoot and fix my enduro motorcycles so that I can be like Wille Nelson and sing "On the Road Again" at the top of my lungs while riding the trails! (I think the bike would be loud enough that no one but me would know--at least I hope so!)

ladyB4t

You might wanna be careful doing that...if you leave your mouth open wide enough...bugs fly in! :)

Edited by gardengorilla

With the money, I would probably visit a very special place I would love to go!

TIBET!!! A beautiful place with a lot of mystery! I am not a budist but places like that are unique and a must visit!

With that, I can go and see the Olympic games in Beijing!!! :)

I'd be able to save up for my retirement...sell everything I have and buy a NICE RV motorhome!! I'd love to wander from season to season, state to state in search of the best caches and friends!

I just wonder if they'll have hybrid RV's by then?? Or maybe even better??

That's funny. We were looking at RVs yesterday and I'm thinking about all the geocaching I can do with one of these things! :D

As far as I know, there are no hybrid RVs. In fact, we will likely need to buy a new vehicle to pull the new RV. And then there is the money for gas, for storing it, for the insurance. Ack - maybe I need to stop buying coins so we stand a fighting chance to actually make this happen. :P

:P

:)

:)