What would you spend your money on if geocoins didn't exist?

avroair

I was looking through what I guess would I would call my collection... since it is all dumped into a tub I got from Target for now while I get the baby room ready. There are lots of coins in there and the sheer quantity (and weight) was astounding. I know I didn't buy every coin, but even buying a fraction would put me into the $1000s of dollars.

Anyways, if you didn't collect (insert buy) geocoins, what kinds of things would you spend your money on? And explain a bit why.

(1) all answers accepted

(2) please only post once every hour

(3) do not edit your post

(4) if two people have the same idea, then the person who posted first gets the acorn

(5) only kid friendly responses please

(6) be original

(7) cointest ends next Saturday night.

Winners of coins:

(1) most original

(2) funniest

(3) weirdest

(4) heart warming, tender

(5) voted on by fellow coiners

It can range from anything such as buying a whole closet full of cowboy boots to paying child support you have skipped on over the last year... (although the later is not kid friendly!)

I will go first:

I would spend my coin money on a trip to see a lot of the places featured on the coins that come out. Often I look at a coin and think... cool, and add it to my list of places I wanna see.

:)

Bulbs. Thousands and thousands of bulbs.

I live in a place where winter is extremely long, bitter, cold and dark. From October through March, the sun hardly ever shines and the days start too late and end too soon. Some days, they close school not because of snowfall, but because it it too cold for the kids to stand waiting for the bus safely.

Spring can not come fast enough for me. Each year I covet the extra minutes of daylight we gain each day, anticipate the frozen ground softening, and even tolerate the rain, gray and mud through April with the promise of those enthusiastic shoots working their way out of the soil.

The bulbs are the first thing to venture out. Long before the perennials are awake, or even the trees have leafed out, the bright green of these new plants is telling me, "Hang in, you're almost there!!!" When they finally let loose with their vivid, optimistic blooms, it's like a proclamation: "Spring is here! Leave your coat inside! Open up the windows! Come out and feel the sunshine on you! Smell the wetness and greenery! It's time to play." Color and life are back in the garden, and I feel good again.

Underwear for my husband! Did you know you can get one coin for one pack of underwear?

Whoa! TMI! I said kid friendly! :) And yes I did know that, I do all my bills in terms of geocoins... the heating bill usually costs a templar, an earth turtle and a couple of FTF coins... :D

I would probably go back to collecting and restoring Ancient coins. I'm not able to do both geocoins and ancient coins so there was only room for one addiction. Geocoins won out since it is something that the whole family enjoys and the kids just love all those colorful designs. Geocoins also don't require the patients (except waiting for the mailman) of restoring coins, something I am sorrily lacking in.

If Geocoins didnt exist :D:D

Id have a great idea of a coinlike personal signature item type thing... I would probably seek help for making such a thing at one of those companies that make the challenge coins. What would be really cool if we were somehow able to watch it move around from cache to cache!!!- IMAGINE THAT!!!...It could be Trackable of sorts!!! B) Hmmm I wonder if people would actually move it or keep it to themselves???

I know I know...In a perfect world~Nobody would be stupid enough to actually trust strangers to not keep such a thing, but it would be a good thought though, wouldnt it??

What would we call em??? ...I think Im gonna do it!!! You heard it here first, so dont go tryin to steal my idea!!! :D

I already thought of a Nutella bath :D ...sorry~ Been there, Done That! :)

:) Well, before geocoins (before geocaching, too) I collected Beanie Babies. :D I still have three or four boxes full of the lil critters. Ya know anyone who is looking for any?

CF30

Try this cache [link]http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=40e10c05-21c9-4244-a061-e5697c98f304[/link] Last I checked there were none in there...Just a huge life like baby doll that was rather creepy seein stuffed in a five gallon bucket! :D

2nd post....

another hour. 7.50pm Sunday night here.

If I didn't spend on geocoins, then my rubber duckie collection would be so expansive. I'd have pirate rubber duckies, frog rubber duckies, pink panther rubber duckies, Garfield rubber duckies, Ozzie Osbourne rubber duckies (well, maybe not), black rubber duckies, white rubber duckies, devil and angel rubber duckies, kiwi rubber duckies (do they make them, maybe I need to design it), pig rubber duckies.....

For those who don't know me, I use rubber duckies as teaching aids to show the diversity of the human race.... so few exactly alike.

146-306_large.jpg

Rubber Duckie - you're the one.

You make parties so much fun!

Edited by Butterfly_lady

I'd add to my sword collection. Since I started buying coins I've slacked off buying them.

I have about 30 swords, a couple of battle axes, flails, maces, bows, crossbows, Helmet and shield hanging around my living room right now instead of family photos. They helped keep the boys in check when they came over to date my daughters when the girls were younger!

Until I discovered geocoins, I was spending the most of the money on "collecting" (buying, trading, drinking, etc.) beer. I have a lot of good beer backlogged (more than I can drink any time soon), so it is good that I have found another hobby to spend discretionary income on. :)

Hello to all!

An other cointest!!! Thank you my friend!!!

I have to say, that becasue of some economic difficulties, I didn't buy any GC yet! Eventhough, I have some, not many, about 10!

When things get better, I will buy GC for sure! There are some GC really beautifull!!!

Now, where I would spend the money...In Ice creams and souvlaki, gyros... (greek food)!!!!! I am sure you all know what souvlaki and gyros is! In case you do not....come to Greece, and follow your nose!!! :)

f I do my calcs correctly - maybe I could grab a couple of Gold Mines or Oil Wells.

These coiuns are so fab - shame the sales always start US time when I am asleep dreaming of the Mystery Coins and Earth Turtles (Red was what I really wanted to grab.....sob...sob)

THX

Both have already been mentioned already, but ill say 'em anyway!

a NEW vehicle, a nice jeep maybe, and some GAS so i could actually get out and go caching more.

i used to drive 5 miles to work, now since we've moved its 16 each way. may not seem like much but every day i see the gas gauge drop more and more.. and the prices go up and up...

Edited by Nero

Well, I hope this isn't too selfish...I'd probably take Kaleb (KAboom) on a nice long trip. Kaleb has had a rough life, not one many of us would have wanted...and he's struggled through as best he can (sure, he's had his share of troubles, but try living w/o any real adult supervision since 6 yrs old), he's never had a chance to really LIVE!

Kaleb loves going caching (unless he wants to do something like hang with his friends...then he acts like it's murder to go with us...lol), so I'd spend a whole summer taking him from state to state, country to country searching out caches and adventures. Kaleb would learn much from this by learning other cultures, converting money, learning metric etc, but the learning would be so fun, he'd actually enjoy it! My travels would take me out to my friends in SWEDEN, Canada, Mexico, Spain, France and everywhere caching friends and caching adventures would be!

Kaleb deserves better than I've been able to give him! Still, the coins he's been gifted or I've bought for him really cheers him up...so please, never stop making them!

Well, I hope this isn't too selfish...I'd probably take Kaleb (KAboom) on a nice long trip. Kaleb has had a rough life, not one many of us would have wanted...and he's struggled through as best he can (sure, he's had his share of troubles, but try living w/o any real adult supervision since 6 yrs old), he's never had a chance to really LIVE!

Kaleb loves going caching (unless he wants to do something like hang with his friends...then he acts like it's murder to go with us...lol), so I'd spend a whole summer taking him from state to state, country to country searching out caches and adventures. Kaleb would learn much from this by learning other cultures, converting money, learning metric etc, but the learning would be so fun, he'd actually enjoy it! My travels would take me out to my friends in SWEDEN, Canada, Mexico, Spain, France and everywhere caching friends and caching adventures would be!

Kaleb deserves better than I've been able to give him! Still, the coins he's been gifted or I've bought for him really cheers him up...so please, never stop making them!

Your friends in Sweden have a place for you and Kaleb whenever you guys want! You just get here, lodging is covered!

I don't buy many coins due to my unemployed situation, hehehe, if I did, though, and coins stopped being manufactured, I'd probably use the extra funds to save for a trip to meet all the incredible people I have met on this forum, New Zealand, Australia, various places in Europe, a whole buncha places in the US, with Michigan, Idaho, Wyoming, Washington, Texas and Cali being some of the MANY places I'd go visit to give hugs, friendship and thanks to the many people here who have just made our life a happier life for us!

OR, I'd love to be able to have the money for Micke to be able to quit his job and go to school full time to get his degree and follow his dream of becoming a priest in the Swedish Church here. He studies the best he can here part time while working full time + and being a husband and pappa.

OR, I'd save to be able to finally finish the renovations on our home so that we could have a real kitchen, stop having electric cords strung all over the place and have things plugged in to walls and be able to run more than 1 burner on the stove without a fuse popping and someone having to go out in the snow to replace it!

All are pipe dreams for me, hehehe... I don't buy many coins, although if I were working I would likely buy more, but even then I don't think I could afford so many that stopping buying them would enable me to do any of the above, lol!

A gal can dream, though, right!

Naomi :unsure:

If I can't buy coins anymore ;

I go back to the JEDI order.

JediOrder2.gif

And I will join them to fight against the :unsure: DARK SIDE :laughing: because this force will grow gigantic by a lot of unhappy :laughing: coinlovers :laughing:

maul-darkside.jpg

;)May the FORCE be with you :) and prevent that this will ever happen.! :unsure:

Well...if there were no coins, I wouldn't be here! I wouldn't be a geocacher!

I saw the first Greek geocoin once in the net, and loved it! I didn't know what it was! I started searching for info and I discovered geocaching! I own my geocaching existance to a geocoin! Without it....

Anyway... if they were no geocoins....I would probably do something romantic with the money!

I would buy one of the fake ownership papers, of land in the moon, and write on them the name (as owner) of my girlfriend! I would give her in Valentine's day (ok, it passed, but...) and tell her that I am not only giving my love, but for her I can do anything...I can even give her the moon! :unsure:

I would like to say that I would invest the money...save it up to buy a new car...or donate it to charity..... But I know that I would probably spend the money on travel bugs, renewing my premium membership until the year 2020 or maybe buying a new mic for my geocaching podcast :-)