Garmin 60csx & Topo Map Question

I currently have a Garmin 60csx and the City Select v7 mapping software. I am getting ready to buy the 2008 Topo software, but I don't know how the two mapping programs will interact on the gpsr. Will both maps overlap on one another on the screen or do you have the capability of selecting which map you want displayed on the screen? For example, can I select the City Select when I am driving and then switch to the Topo when I get our of the car? Any help or answers would be greatly appreciated.

I currently have a Garmin 60csx and the City Select v7 mapping software. I am getting ready to buy the 2008 Topo software, but I don't know how the two mapping programs will interact on the gpsr. Will both maps overlap on one another on the screen or do you have the capability of selecting which map you want displayed on the screen? For example, can I select the City Select when I am driving and then switch to the Topo when I get our of the car? Any help or answers would be greatly appreciated.

You can have both on your GPS, but you must select which one you want to display.

I have CN 2008 and Topo 2008 on my 60CSX.

You can have both on your GPS, but you must select which one you want to display.

I have CN 2008 and Topo 2008 on my 60CSX.

How do you select which to display? What are the pros and cons of having one or both displayed at the same time?

Yep, from the map page you click menu > setup maps> and a list of the maps load shows up. You scroll to the one you want and select it.

They are listed in order by "closest map to where you are" first. So if I am in Louisville and I have both topo and city maps on my unit for the greater Louisville area, those two will be the first two maps listed.

Yep, what he said.

Both work well together. and you can use the Turn By Turn directions, while in TOPO Mode.

I am a little confused by this statement. Are you saying that autorouting works for you in topo mode?

Never mind. I see that they are from Canada which has routable topo maps.

Here in the states the topo maps are not able to auto route.... Yet another reason to move to Canada :o

Edited by AndrewRJ