Traveling to Australia June 7 - 21

swtraven

Hi everyone! I am a teacher leader and will be traveling to your country with a group of high school students with the People to People Student Ambassadors program. I am an active Geocacher in the States and have a couple of travel bugs and maybe a coin or two that I want to place in caches in Australia. My dilemma? Well, since I will be on a planned itinerary with my students, I do not know how or when I would be able to hunt for caches myself in order to place these TBs or Coins. I wonder if it's a problem to ask to meet up with someone who is actively geocaching can "grab" these items from me OR leave them at a hotel at the front desk, where we are staying, with the name of the person picking them up on them. What do you think? Is this proper? As of this time, I do not know our itinerary but will soon. So really, right now, I am searching for advise on how to do this. Once I have a city in which I will be staying, then I can go from there. Any and all advise is welcome! Happy caching! SwtRaven USA :unsure:

Hi everyone! I am a teacher leader and will be traveling to your country with a group of high school students with the People to People Student Ambassadors program. I am an active Geocacher in the States and have a couple of travel bugs and maybe a coin or two that I want to place in caches in Australia. My dilemma? Well, since I will be on a planned itinerary with my students, I do not know how or when I would be able to hunt for caches myself in order to place these TBs or Coins. I wonder if it's a problem to ask to meet up with someone who is actively geocaching can "grab" these items from me OR leave them at a hotel at the front desk, where we are staying, with the name of the person picking them up on them. What do you think? Is this proper? As of this time, I do not know our itinerary but will soon. So really, right now, I am searching for advise on how to do this. Once I have a city in which I will be staying, then I can go from there. Any and all advise is welcome! Happy caching! SwtRaven USA :unsure:

Hi swtraven

Our church does some People to People stuff - we have had quite a few billets over the years. If you are coming to Rockhampton, let me know and we can do a guided Geocaching tour!

regards

Thanks Sam...I don't think we will be able to do a guided tour with geocaching becasue our itinerary is quite full and has been planned by the People to People organization. I am hoping to be able to either meet someone in the lobby of a hotel we will be staying in or leaving the TBs at the front desk for someone to pick up. I will know more in a month or so about whatwe are doing and where we are going. Thanks a bunch for your reply! SwtRaven [:unsure:]

Hi everyone! I am a teacher leader and will be traveling to your country with a group of high school students with the People to People Student Ambassadors program. I am an active Geocacher in the States and have a couple of travel bugs and maybe a coin or two that I want to place in caches in Australia. My dilemma? Well, since I will be on a planned itinerary with my students, I do not know how or when I would be able to hunt for caches myself in order to place these TBs or Coins. I wonder if it's a problem to ask to meet up with someone who is actively geocaching can "grab" these items from me OR leave them at a hotel at the front desk, where we are staying, with the name of the person picking them up on them. What do you think? Is this proper? As of this time, I do not know our itinerary but will soon. So really, right now, I am searching for advise on how to do this. Once I have a city in which I will be staying, then I can go from there. Any and all advise is welcome! Happy caching! SwtRaven USA :lol:

Hi swtraven

Our church does some People to People stuff - we have had quite a few billets over the years. If you are coming to Rockhampton, let me know and we can do a guided Geocaching tour!

regards

Hi JABs...I do nkow we will be in Sydney at some point but not sure where. I will find out more from our itinerary in a month or so. I had just wondered how I could get some of these travelbugs to Australia. I have requested membership to the forum you have listed and will post in there as well. Thanks for the advise and happy caching! SwtRaven [:unsure:]

Hi from the JABs in NSW.

If you are traveling to NSW - Sydney you can give us a yell or try posting your message on these forums- http://forum.geocaching.com.au/index.php as this is where you will find most Australians hang out. There is a place for International visitors to post without having to open an account.

What ever you do I hope you enjoy your stay in OZ.

Hi everyone! I am a teacher leader and will be traveling to your country with a group of high school students with the People to People Student Ambassadors program. I am an active Geocacher in the States and have a couple of travel bugs and maybe a coin or two that I want to place in caches in Australia. My dilemma? Well, since I will be on a planned itinerary with my students, I do not know how or when I would be able to hunt for caches myself in order to place these TBs or Coins. I wonder if it's a problem to ask to meet up with someone who is actively geocaching can "grab" these items from me OR leave them at a hotel at the front desk, where we are staying, with the name of the person picking them up on them. What do you think? Is this proper? As of this time, I do not know our itinerary but will soon. So really, right now, I am searching for advise on how to do this. Once I have a city in which I will be staying, then I can go from there. Any and all advise is welcome! Happy caching! SwtRaven USA :mad:

SWtraven the best thing maybe to get the address of a cacher before hand in Sydney, prepack your TB's to post to him/her or to several cachers around the country and visit a postoffice when you arrive. It will be cheap to send them unless they are the size and weight of a brick! especially the coins. up to 10 coins can be sent for locally for $2.45 stamp

Fatter tb's are cheaper if they post in the same region. Central sydney is often not good for coins/bugs to be left :)

Would you like a list of reliable people in each state who have done this in the past?