Case and other accessories for 60CSX

piatch

I am looking for a good online source for GPSR accessories. I have a 60CSX and need a case, which case I'm not sure. I am also considering an antenna. Any suggestions would be great.

I use the neoprene case for holding my 60CSX when geocaching. When driving, it sits in a RAM mount. Never had a need for an exterior antenna.

I am looking for a good online source for GPSR accessories. I have a 60CSX and need a case, which case I'm not sure. I am also considering an antenna. Any suggestions would be great.

For my needs, I like a generic cell phone case that can be bought at Lowes for around $8.00. You can get them either in blue, yellow, or black. It has a very sturdy metal belt clip, plus a large nylon belt loop, and a small metal ring that a carabiner can be fastened to, to secure to a backpack. It has a velcro flap that comes over the top of the GPSr just to the side of the antenna. You do have to take it out to the case to see it but it slides in and out nicely. I use a screen protector so I don't use a case with a clear vinyl window (the two will stick together).

Why do you need an antenna with a 60CSx? Their sensitivity to pick up satellite reception is outstanding, about the only reports I have ever seen where they won't pick up is in commercial aircraft in seats that are not next to the window.

For my needs, I like a generic cell phone case that can be bought at Lowes for around $8.00. You can get them either in blue, yellow, or black. It has a very sturdy metal belt clip, plus a large nylon belt loop, and a small metal ring that a carabiner can be fastened to, to secure to a backpack. It has a velcro flap that comes over the top of the GPSr just to the side of the antenna. You do have to take it out to the case to see it but it slides in and out nicely. I use a screen protector so I don't use a case with a clear vinyl window (the two will stick together).

Why do you need an antenna with a 60CSx? Their sensitivity to pick up satellite reception is outstanding, about the only reports I have ever seen where they won't pick up is in commercial aircraft in seats that are not next to the window.

And long tunnels. I lose reception in long tunnels as well. :unsure:

I'd recommend the simple nylon case that Garmin sells - I have the neoprene one that has the see-through window, but it is a pain to put the GPS in/out with the connector-button on. The simple case has been the easiest to use.

I have an InvisibleShield screen protector on the display.

I've purchases gear from Amazon.com, GPSCity.com, ebay, and several other sites. So far so good.