Player Release 03/27/08

OpinioNate

Build 2.0.4927.3967

Instructions:

1. Copy cab file to the pocket pc
  2. Click on the cab file on the pocket pc to install

The following fixes have been made in the current release:

• Only do a gps detect if the config settings are set to "Autodetect" true. Changed the testing routine on the gps settings page to validate gps data from a comm port, instead of just look for a comm port.
  • Sometimes cartridge files would not show up in the cartridges list. Strings sent to the engine were not null terminated
  • Allow setting of the Cartridges folder to a user defined folder via the settings option page. This allows the player to be fully run from the storage card (the executable and the cartridges
  • Reset the title bar when closing a cartridge and reshowing the cartidge list
  • Added new splash graphics
  • General cleanup of loading and reloading cartridges. When the cartridge list page reshows, it does not reload cartridges
  • Show Screen and Show Screen Detail broken for Show Screen Detail(zone) and Show Screen(inventory). Show Screen Detail was leaving the action bar on the screen
  • The pocket pc and emulator player was showing all zones regardless of the zone state. So, zones that were not in range would still show in the list. The garmin was not working this way. The ppc and emulator has been changed to work like the garmin. Only in range, active/visible zones or active/visible zones marked with -1 in the distance range will be shown in the list. This is how the Garmin works and is the expected behavior

New Features

Support for new actions:

• StopSound, SaveClose and Alert
  • StopSound - stop any sound that is playing if one is playing
  • SaveClose - cause the opened cartridge that is being played to close with a prompt to save the cartridge
  • Alert - play a built in sound without having to create a media object and creating a Play Sound action

Support for new sound files (Pocket PC)

• Ogg Vorbis (ogg)
  • Wav
  • MP3

Please comment in this thread with issues, thoughts etc. Thanks!

Edited by OpinioNate

The first start of the Player works fine, but after the next start I get a message window "The Wherigo Cartridge Folder My Documents/Groundspeak/Wherigo doesnt exist" and I cant do anything.

If this happened i have to delete the config file and start the player again.

I am using a Yakumo Delta 300 GPS enabled PDA (Myo 168)

The first start of the Player works fine, but after the next start I get a message window "The Wherigo Cartridge Folder My Documents/Groundspeak/Wherigo doesnt exist" and I cant do anything.

If this happened i have to delete the config file and start the player again.

I am using a Yakumo Delta 300 GPS enabled PDA (Myo 168)

I'll have a look at that and get a fix posted shortly. Thanks.

** UPDATE: this is now fixed in the latest install **

David.

Edited by davidloew

I use the Garmin IQue M5 and things work fine for me. I made a Wherigo cache and let a couple of people check it out by using my unit. I made the update to the most recent player update but now when I load the cartridge, it will only show "task" but nothing else. No location, inventory, nothing else. I received the prior version from a friendly moderator and another gracious cacher. I went back to using it and every thing is fine again. Has any other M5 user have the same problem?

I apologize for double posting as I pointed out a problem and I was asking for the older version (that someone did send me) in that thread but maybe here I can get some feed back.

I use the Garmin IQue M5 and things work fine for me. I made a Wherigo cache and let a couple of people check it out by using my unit. I made the update to the most recent player update but now when I load the cartridge, it will only show "task" but nothing else. No location, inventory, nothing else. I received the prior version from a friendly moderator and another gracious cacher. I went back to using it and every thing is fine again. Has any other M5 user have the same problem?

I apologize for double posting as I pointed out a problem and I was asking for the older version (that someone did send me) in that thread but maybe here I can get some feed back.

(This bulletin has been translated with Babel Fish. My excuses for possible errors)

I seem to have the same problem: My 'Wherigo Cache'-cartridge works very well under the player of 7 March. After installation of the player of 4 April the first location is no longer reflected (moreover I have never tried the version of 27 March). Fortunately I had still kept the version of 4 March. I offer this now with a link in the description of the geocache page.

I hope of course that my cartridge can be also always played on the newest version of the player.

In de emulator of newest version of the builder (27 March) the same problem appears. In the emulator of 7 March the cartidge works very well.

My cartridge: Bunnikse Dorpscache

My divice: HTC TyTN II.

Furthermore I want ask Wherigo.com to make new software versions recognizable to people who had signed in for the mailing list.

Edited by Geinponem