How come there isn't a thread for Illinois Cachers?

otis89

I've been thinking since reading/watching this thread. I think one possible reason that IL doesn't have it's "own thread" because our fellow cachers don't ever look at the forums. I stumbled into caching and still only know a few fellow cachers. The ones that I do know that are from IL, when asked, have admitted that they don't peruse the forums.

We are from Marshall and I've promised the kids that we will go on our first geo-outing for the year this Saturday. I've been putting it off for health reasons but I promised the kids. Rain or shine we'll be out on the roads finally! :D

Sorry, Bret....I was referring the the ones that I know who live in Clark Co., IL.....You are the only other one I know from IL and we all know YOU peruse the forums!

He peruses them but can he read them? :anitongue: (Hiya Bret) ;)

:anitongue:

I feel vaguely insulted but I can't be sure without more pictures. Please post more pictures.

Thanx

Springfield Illinois Cacher here...

this is simply a hilarious thread thanks guys.... fairly new to caching but have falling in love with the hobby..

Welcome to the game and the Forums. I'll give you a tip though, the best caches are in Indiana. ;)

Gee. We wouldn't be biased at all, would we? :D

Springfield Illinois Cacher here...

this is simply a hilarious thread thanks guys.... fairly new to caching but have falling in love with the hobby..

Welcome to the game and the Forums. I'll give you a tip though, the best caches are in Indiana. ;)

Gee. We wouldn't be biased at all, would we? :D

*whistling while gazing skyward* Who, me? Why no, no, of course not. Don't be silly. *sneaks away*

thanks all.. appreciate all the welcomes...

(formerly sam_adams) changed name... past few days because this became a family hobby very quickly... we are caching every weekend and a few nights a week and its all the wife and i talk about now... looking around the house at plastic containers like they are gold ... trying to determine where to go camping this spring and summer in our travel trailer based on what campground has the most caches...

we are normal right?

That was my first earthquake! Pretty cool since there wasn't any damage.

That's just Illinois' way of getting back to you for picking on us earlier in the thread. :(

We felt one down in Mt. Carmel back in June of 2002. I'm pretty sure you were there.

Yes, but mom and I didn't feel it because we were outside.

Does anyone know if there is any stores here in illinois that sell geocoins or bugs?

As far as I know, you have to buy Geocoins and Travel Bugs off the Internet.

Here is a list of manufacturer's of Geocoins.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/geocoin.aspx

Here is where you go to order Travel Bugs. You only buy the dog tags that have the tracking number on them. What you attach to the dog tags is entirely up to you.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/order.aspx

hey all,

I'm totally new to caching(useing a laptop and a usb unit LOL), I live in Worth, but don't mind driving a little ways to meet up to hit a couple caches. I have the next couple days off. give me a shout :P

Hi there. I don't live too far away but work during the week. Sunday is my usual day to get out. If you'd like to grab a few sometime, drop me a line. There is a local organization you can check out here.

Edited by Corp Of Discovery

Operation Chaos results in total domination by Hoosiers in the Illinoise thread:

Who posted in: "How come there isn't a thread for Illinois Cachers?"

Poster Posts

otisb89 5

SixDogTeam 1,231

Earthdog Patrick 756

jtbrady01 223

Cpt.Blackbeard 1

The Caching Coulters 1

Buddaman 44

CYBret 1

king-of-halloween 1

:)

GEOCACHING IN ILLINOISE--WE DON'T READ THE CACHE PAGES BECAUSE WE CAN'T AND WE DON'T CARE!

We don't need to read them, we just find them. It's more fun anyways. :)

Edited by joranda

More Hoosiers post to the Illinoise thread than illinoisians do.

TOP FIVE ILLITERACY RATES BY STATE

Illinois 42.76%

Mississippi 7.04%

Arkansas 3.98 %

Arizona 0.79%

South Carolina 0.77%

Source: 2000 Census

I'm not bragging about it, but this website says Illinois is the 34th-most literate state, a far cry from the least literate state you claim it is.

http://www.morainevalley.edu/Literacy/facts.htm

I'm sorry, but there is NO FREAKING WAY almost half of the population of Illinois can't read. I love how you just claim that your info came from the 2000 census. You don't provide a link or anything to prove it. Next time, try posting facts instead of just random numbers you pulled out of nowhere.

Maybe the reason more Hoosiers have posted to the Illinois thread is because you're all jealous of our state. At least we actually maintain our roads. You'd be hard-pressed to find a pothole on an Interstate in Illinois. Can't say the same for Indiana!

they're all jealous because Illinois has all the money. You folks here in IL need to stand up to these guys a little better. They can insult us but we can't insult them ? I'm done with the forums,they're all one sided but before I go,here's a little trivia for all of you in reference to illiteracy....Illiteracy rates state by state are typically taken from the population of each state that's 25 years old and up. The last illiteracy ratings done shows Illinois has roughly 8,000,000 people in that age range with an illiteracy rate of about 6%. Indiana has approximately 4,000,000 people in that age range with the same illiteracy rate of approx. 6%. So,Indiana's illiteracy rate is double what Illinois's illiteracy rate is. They have the same illiteracy rate in a smaller group of people so what that means is folks here in Illinois are TWICE AS SMART as the Hosers in Indiana ! And that's a fact Jack !!

Edited by TeamSeekAndWeShallFind

I vote nay. Most illinoise cachers can't read.

"Indiana's Illiteracy Rate is DOUBLE that of Illinois"

Illinois has approximately 8,000,000 people that are 25 years and older which is the population that the U.S Census Bureau gets it's illiteracy ratings from. Indiana has approximately 4,000,000 people in the same age range. Now,Illinois' illiteracy rating of that group is 6%.Indianas illiteracy rating of their group,which is HALF the size,is also 6%.So,Indiana has an illiteracy rate that's double ours and what that means is us folks from Illinois are twice as smart !

I'm not being cocky here, these are THE FACTS JACK !!

So,from now on when what's his name says stupid things about how we can't read etc... toss this little bit o trivia at him.Eventually he'll have to move onto a new insult and when he does,I'll be back with some more facts because intelligence and facts are the only way to get people like this shut their pie holes !!

PS: We also have DOUBLE,maybe TRIPLE the money ! Thanks :)

I was born and raised in Chicago and live in Indiana now, so does that now make me a hoosier who can't read!!

The Amazing thing is that as soon as Buddaman moved to Indiana, within six months he was reading and writing better than a fifth grader, and now is an extremely erudite young fellow.

But when we went to Chicago for the Garmin event a few weeks ago, GEOCACHING IN ILLINOISE, he suddenly and mysteriously temporarily lost his ability to read street signs... wierd!

Is "wierd" the same as "weird" which is the CORRECT SPELLING of the word ?? Coming from a guy who's making fun of other people for everything under the sun I think that's pretty funny. Ever hear of "Spell Check ?"

Operation Chaos results in total domination by Hoosiers in the Illinoise thread:

Who posted in: "How come there isn't a thread for Illinois Cachers?"

Poster Posts

otisb89 5

SixDogTeam 1,231

Earthdog Patrick 756

jtbrady01 223

Cpt.Blackbeard 1

The Caching Coulters 1

Buddaman 44

CYBret 1

king-of-halloween 1

GEOCACHING IN ILLINOISE--WE DON'T READ THE CACHE PAGES BECAUSE WE CAN'T AND WE DON'T CARE!