How come there isn't a thread for Illinois Cachers?

otis89

We like saying "illinoise" because it annoys the few chicagoland illinoiseians who CAN read, and the rest think that's the way it's pronounced...

There's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more to Illinois than Chicago. I live well south of Chicago, can read, and know how to pronounce Illinois.

More Hoosiers post to the Illinoise thread than illinoisians do.

TOP FIVE ILLITERACY RATES BY STATE

Illinois 42.76%

Mississippi 7.04%

Arkansas 3.98 %

Arizona 0.79%

South Carolina 0.77%

Source: 2000 Census

I'm not bragging about it, but this website says Illinois is the 34th-most literate state, a far cry from the least literate state you claim it is.

http://www.morainevalley.edu/Literacy/facts.htm

I'm sorry, but there is NO FREAKING WAY almost half of the population of Illinois can't read. I love how you just claim that your info came from the 2000 census. You don't provide a link or anything to prove it. Next time, try posting facts instead of just random numbers you pulled out of nowhere.

Maybe the reason more Hoosiers have posted to the Illinois thread is because you're all jealous of our state. At least we actually maintain our roads. You'd be hard-pressed to find a pothole on an Interstate in Illinois. Can't say the same for Indiana!

Oh, and actually 4 people from Illinois have posted, me, The Caching Coulters, CYBret, and king-of-halloween. Only 3 Hoosiers have posted, SixDogTeam, jtbrady01, and Earthdog Patrick.

Patrick, I suggest you post facts in the future, not stuff you just made up. It only makes you look like an idiot. :)

Help them Bret! They're arguing with a pee-brained dog and losing! I've never won an argument with a human before!

By the way, Lead Dog hid a really cool Waterfall cache today while GEOCACHING IN INDIANA and USAF#1 found a ammo can cache that was archived and presumed missing for two years!!!

Pretty cool location as well. Quite a caching crew today out in the woods.

Now back to the topic at hand....I think the reason there's no thread for Illinois Cachers and the reason everyone has the hard time pronouncing the state is who came up with this spelling anyway? I have one aunt that has lived her whole life in Normal and pronounces it differently than my other aunt who lived in Cary. What gives? But, then again what's normal about Normal IL?

I was born and raised in Chicago and live in Indiana now, so does that now make me a hoosier who can't read!!

The Amazing thing is that as soon as Buddaman moved to Indiana, within six months he was reading and writing better than a fifth grader, and now is an extremely erudite young fellow.

But when we went to Chicago for the Garmin event a few weeks ago, GEOCACHING IN ILLINOISE, he suddenly and mysteriously temporarily lost his ability to read street signs... wierd!

:)

Operation Chaos results in total domination by Hoosiers in the Illinoise thread:

Who posted in: "How come there isn't a thread for Illinois Cachers?"

Poster Posts

otisb89 5

SixDogTeam 1,231

Earthdog Patrick 756

jtbrady01 223

Cpt.Blackbeard 1

The Caching Coulters 1

Buddaman 44

CYBret 1

king-of-halloween 1

:)

GEOCACHING IN ILLINOISE--WE DON'T READ THE CACHE PAGES BECAUSE WE CAN'T AND WE DON'T CARE!

If my memory serves me right...Ohio couldn't let Indiana have all the fun and started their own thread. So, I see no reason why Illinois couldn't have their own. I guess no one has ever thought of it. Unless someone else can think of a better reason?

EXACTLY what I was thinking!

My two cents worth: we Illinoisians don't have our own thread because we're all way too busy outside caching to bother posting on a thread! :unsure:

The fact that you haven't found a cache yet this year, but are on the forums belies that theory... :laughing:

BTW: Are you on F.A.G. ? We joined a couple of months ago and are in the process of uploading our 2.675 cemetery photos to the sight...Great place for gravers.

More Hoosiers post to the Illinoise thread than illinoisians do.

TOP FIVE ILLITERACY RATES BY STATE

Illinois 42.76%

Mississippi 7.04%

Arkansas 3.98 %

Arizona 0.79%

South Carolina 0.77%

Source: 2000 Census

And a minimum of 113% of all statistics are made up or shown out of context of the source data.

(Hey, if they can't spell, I don't expect math skills... :laughing: )

Hey I would like to cache with someone in Northern Illinois. Anyone out there?

No, nobody from Illinoise will talk to you. :o But, if you ever get to the Ft.Wayne INDIANA area, we'll be glad to take you caching with us!! Free hotdogs and Poptarts, too. Lots of long hikes in the woods and cemeteries, too. :o

I can't believe NO ONE wants to chat in here. What's up with that?

Ronnf1 wanted to chat and set up caching dates, and was ignored...

I would have responded, but I don't live in the Rockford area. Think before you post. :o

The overall value of a state wide forum is for everyone to get involved and "chat" regardless where you reside in the state. You never know what you might learn from each other. We just had a great caching experience last Saturday with a great bunch of cachers from all over the state. Respond regardless where the poster is from. Might learn something. You'll also keep you forum running. SixDogTeam was spot-on for his comments.

I'm not bragging about it, but this website says Illinois is the 34th-most literate state, a far cry from the least literate state you claim it is.

http://www.morainevalley.edu/Literacy/facts.htm

What does this website say? Let's quote it:

"Illinois ranks a poor 34th in the literacy rate among the 50 states. " (emphasis added)

Of course you're not bragging about being 34th out of 50.

BTW, you don't have to live near somebody to chat with them...

Think before you post...

Edited by Earthdog Patrick

You guys are ignoring the main word from Ronnf1's post.

He said he would like to cache with someone in Northern Illinois. I'm not in Northern Illinois, so I fail to see how I can help him there.

He said he would like to cache with someone in Northern Illinois. I'm not in Northern Illinois, so I fail to see how I can help him there.

Actually I did see that. My point, and not to turn this into an argument is that I will sometimes see a post like this and respond anyway. Maybe he was wanting a caching partner for a weekend caching adventure. Maybe it's an area I've never been to. So, by responding to the post it can be an opportunity for a win win situation. I can go to a new area and cache. And the other cacher could have a caching partner for the weekend. If, they were looking for a long term caching partner then yes, it may not work. But, you wouldn't know if you don't respond. That was the point I was trying to make. I think this is why the Indiana forum works as well as it does. Many times things are planned at the last moment and people will show up from all over the state. We even have a Canadian that appears every now and then :). Long story there.

My point is to make your forum work everyone must be willing to be involved and reply to posts. Never know when the cachers from the East will come West and do some caching.

Actually I did see that. My point, and not to turn this into an argument is that I will sometimes see a post like this and respond anyway. Maybe he was wanting a caching partner for a weekend caching adventure. Maybe it's an area I've never been to. So, by responding to the post it can be an opportunity for a win win situation. I can go to a new area and cache. And the other cacher could have a caching partner for the weekend. If, they were looking for a long term caching partner then yes, it may not work. But, you wouldn't know if you don't respond. That was the point I was trying to make. I think this is why the Indiana forum works as well as it does. Many times things are planned at the last moment and people will show up from all over the state. We even have a Canadian that appears every now and then :). Long story there.

My point is to make your forum work everyone must be willing to be involved and reply to posts. Never know when the cachers from the East will come West and do some caching.

I see what you're saying, but it just isn't feasible for me to take off and go up to Rockford for a weekend of caching whenever I feel like it. If I could have helped him, I would have responded.

To everyone else, sorry for seeming defensive. I'm just defensive by nature, and that just spills over onto the forums. I'm sorry, and I'll try to control that in the future.

Now, can we got some Illinoisans chatting in here? Where the heck is everybody?

Sadly, I'm not out caching on this beautiful morning, but cleaning up after the basement got flooded. I found some stuff down there, but none of it was cache-like. :lol:

I usually cache during the week, on my way to various work sites in the middle of the state. So I don't really get to cache with anyone else unless our IT department has a meeting in Springfield. Then I drag the other guys out, heh heh heh.

Karl

Crawford County Geocachers Association

Central Illinois Geocachers Association

Little Egypt Geocaching Society

Geocachers of Northeastern Illinois

Hmmm.... maybe all of these should be in the Midwest thread pinned at the top of this section.

Now, now let's not get carried away here. If we did that we would need to pin the Indiana, Ohio and all the other ones as well <_<

...and that would be a problem because...? :unsure:

Crawford County Geocachers Association

Central Illinois Geocachers Association

Little Egypt Geocaching Society

Geocachers of Northeastern Illinois

Hmmm.... maybe all of these should be in the Midwest thread pinned at the top of this section.

Now, now let's not get carried away here. If we did that we would need to pin the Indiana, Ohio and all the other ones as well :unsure:

...and that would be a problem because...? <_<

They are not associated with this forum. It would mean that GS would be promoting them, correct?

Indiana Geocaching

Northeast Indiana Geocaching