Floating Caches

*mouse*

This week my parents told me about a cache in South Wales that managed to travel nearly 20k along the coast from Gower to Port Talbot where it was found by a muggle on a beach. Here's the log... Pwlldu

The story made me smile.... ;)

I'm sure that I've heard mention of another cache surviving after an accidental trip out to sea. It made me wonder does anyone have any other unusual survival stories for muggled caches in the UK recently??

I'm sure that I've heard mention of another cache surviving after an accidental trip out to sea. It made me wonder does anyone have any other unusual survival stories for muggled caches in the UK recently??

There was one, about 18 months ago from memory (probably way out) that made it from the Channel Islands to Devon but I can't remember its name.

This week my parents told me about a cache in South Wales that managed to travel nearly 20k along the coast from Gower to Port Talbot where it was found by a muggle on a beach. Here's the log... Pwlldu

The story made me smile.... ;)

Wow!!! We were the last ones to find this cache whilst on holiday in the Gower. The weekend we left there'd been terrible gales forecast and rough sea's. When we left the cache you would hardly believe that it would ever get dislodged being quite high up.

Amazed we are.

Glad it was found safe and sound.

The story made me smile.... :D

Oi! locationless caches are all meant to have been archived :):):):):D:D:D;):)

Thanks to mouse for the forum entry. I collected the cache from the finders who had found it on the beach between Margam and Kenfig. The box had cracked and contents were damp but not ruined. Fortunately, the logbook has dried out and can still be used. I am replacing the cache in the same location as the chance of a storm like that on 10 March coupled with a high spring tide is low enough to give it another try!

Dave :unsure:

Thanks to mouse for the forum entry. I collected the cache from the finders who had found it on the beach between Margam and Kenfig. The box had cracked and contents were damp but not ruined. Fortunately, the logbook has dried out and can still be used. I am replacing the cache in the same location as the chance of a storm like that on 10 March coupled with a high spring tide is low enough to give it another try!

Dave :)

Nice to know there was a happy ending :D:D