My 60CX died!

You could try just removing the batteries for awhile then put them back in and see what happens. Then you should try a hard reset. I think it works the same for the 60cx as the 60cs:

Hold enter and page while powering up to master reset the unit

If you can, back up all the info in the device, because I forget exactly what this erases. All your settings are gone for sure. Probably your waypoints and tracks as well. But it sounds like you can't get access long enough to pull that info off.

Edited by sanramonhunter

You could try just removing the batteries for awhile then put them back in and see what happens. Then you should try a hard reset. I think it works the same for the 60cx as the 60cs:

Hold enter and page while powering up to master reset the unit

If you can, back up all the info in the device, because I forget exactly what this erases. All your settings are gone for sure. Probably your waypoints and tracks as well. But it sounds like you can't get access long enough to pull that info off.

Thanks for this hint! The hard reset got the GPS working, but none of my maps show up!! I have tried showing them one at a time but nothing. I even tried reinstalling them, but nothing. Can the card be reformatted???

Thanks for this hint! The hard reset got the GPS working, but none of my maps show up!! I have tried showing them one at a time but nothing. I even tried reinstalling them, but nothing. Can the card be reformatted???

Maybe the card is not seated correctly. Take it out and make sure it is in properly.

Otherwise reformat the card and re-install the maps.