The Wye Valley and Forest of Dean Camping Event

Thanks to all the brave geocachers who attended / are still in attendance despite the appaulling rain today. I never cease to be amazed at the commitment and high spirits from you nutters. :lol:

As EP says, the campsite is full (mostly with geocachers), but the weather is forecast to be much better for tomorrow, so hopefully we'll see even more day visitors then. :rolleyes:

Happy caching,

Pete

We had a great time and enjoyed the chance to put more faces to names!

Unfortunately we had to leave early as Helen was taken ill (which given how hard the rain came down in the afternoon might have been a bit of a blessing B) )...

Hope today's weather is better for all those who camped it up and that noone's tents floated away in the night... :lol:

Many thanks to SidandBob and the Flying Boots for all their hard work - we're looking forward to the next one!

Mike (who's been stuck in work since 6AM :rolleyes: and is getting a little bored!)

For anyone who did not manage to attend you missed a cracking good weekend with loads of quality caches and a few spots of rain :D Everyones tents managed to remain in situ apart from a non cacher whose tent appeared to have got turned around which confused him no end when he came back in the dark on Sunday evening. Had the nerve to accuse the six remaining cachers too!

Everyones tents managed to remain in situ apart from a non cacher whose tent appeared to have got turned around which confused him no end when he came back in the dark on Sunday evening. Had the nerve to accuse the six remaining cachers too!

Would that be the owner of the red pop up tent?

Last i saw he had only pegged the guide ropes and not pegged the tent to terra firma at all!!

As now a dab hand at folding these pop ups i would've loved to see him packing it away!!

Everyones tents managed to remain in situ apart from a non cacher whose tent appeared to have got turned around which confused him no end when he came back in the dark on Sunday evening. Had the nerve to accuse the six remaining cachers too!

Would that be the owner of the red pop up tent?

Last i saw he had only pegged the guide ropes and not pegged the tent to terra firma at all!!

As now a dab hand at folding these pop ups i would've loved to see him packing it away!!

Yes it was the red pop up tent - we had thought that it looked a bit ropey earlier in the day.