Clay TikiCoins!

tiki

Hi,

Can't order from Canada ?

It says won't ship to Canada ???!!!

Please help me !

Simon

It should, Simon; the shop has two prices listed for shipping (one to the US, the other for "everywhere else"). I'm able to enter a Canadian address with no problems; what exactly is happening (at what point are you getting an error, and what's the error)?

Aloha everyone - and Mahalo for both your orders and your patience as the sale went live today. So stressful - but so exciting! Couldn't sleep at all last night :laughing:

Had a bit of a hiccup - didn't enter the international shipping option correctly at first, but I've got it all figured out now. As mentioned above, there is now a shipping option for "everywhere else". We will be packing all weekend and shipping today and tomorrow's orders on Monday.

Once again, Mahalo (thank you) - it has been a fun adventure creating these coins.

Tiki

Aloha everyone - and Mahalo for both your orders and your patience as the sale went live today. So stressful - but so exciting! Couldn't sleep at all last night :laughing:

Had a bit of a hiccup - didn't enter the international shipping option correctly at first, but I've got it all figured out now. As mentioned above, there is now a shipping option for "everywhere else". We will be packing all weekend and shipping today and tomorrow's orders on Monday.

Once again, Mahalo (thank you) - it has been a fun adventure creating these coins.

Tiki

Ah - huzzah! That's great news. : ) Thanks for the sale -- I'm off to bed; it's 3am here!

Aloha everyone - and Mahalo for both your orders and your patience as the sale went live today. So stressful - but so exciting! Couldn't sleep at all last night :blink:

Tiki

A little bit of a hiccup.... :wacko: had me in full panic mode :laughing: thought I might have to drive to the border to get these :blink: but an email and an answer in just minutes... whew got them :)

Thank You (Mahalo) :lol:

O Frabjous Day! :wacko:

Got Tiki #3, because I'm all about the hunt. Which did you get, or one of each?

Also, #3 I'll wear on a cord around my neck. :blink:

I couldn't decide, so I got them all :laughing: #1 looks a little goofy, sort of what I must look like when searching for a cache...

Edit : oops, confused #1 with #4...

Edited by Chrysalides

Still plenty in stock, hurry up people!! I got one of each, I couldn't decide which one I liked best! Maybe I'll have some available for trade after I get them and make up my mind...

I'd like to have the other 3, but have to wait and see what's left after payday. :laughing: This was also the month of Geowoodstock, yer know. :wacko:

I got a purple one ordered. :wacko:

Gotta say, I REALLY like the pathtags.

Funny story. I own the Pathtags.com sample collection (one of every tag ever made). Part of the job of working for GeocoinClub, LLC :laughing: So the other day in my sample box came these four tiki tags. And I thought, Wow, wonder who jammed those beauties out. Turns out, when I went and looked in the binder today, they match perfectly to the coins I bought earlier. So now I know, and yes, they are too cool.

TMA

looks like the purple will be going first...

I'm surprised they lasted this long. Must be the combination of high price and high shipping price. Getting one coin becomes rather daunting at $34 shipped in the U.S. I'm not complaining, I think it is worth it. But it is a lot of money for one coin.

Edited by Chrysalides
looks like the purple will be going first...

I'm surprised they lasted this long. Must be the combination of high price and high shipping price. Getting one coin becomes rather daunting at $34 shipped in the U.S. I'm not complaining, I think it is worth it. But it is a lot of money for one coin.

I agree, and the reason I decided to hold back and only order one! Can't wait to see it though. Do you know how hard it was to not buy the whole set!? :blink:

I know the shipping price is daunting - but since the coins represent so much hard work (and due to their irreplaceable nature) we opted to send them as securely as possible. Wanted to point out that the $9 is for the first coin only - all additional coins you order with it are $1 each to ship.

The initial $9 covers the flat rate fee, insurance, and the signature confirmation. The $1 per additional coin covers the increased insurance fee.

Mahalo!

Tiki

$25 is not a lot considering it is a handmade item, yes a lot for a geocoin but not a lot for original artwork. Can you imagine spending $20+ on a coin, thankful for $3.50 shipping and having it arrive broken? You know you would be saying to yourself "man, i would have paid an extra 5 bucks to have this sent in a padded box with some insurance or something"

:blink:

I know the shipping price is daunting - but since the coins represent so much hard work (and due to their irreplaceable nature) we opted to send them as securely as possible. Wanted to point out that the $9 is for the first coin only - all additional coins you order with it are $1 each to ship.

The initial $9 covers the flat rate fee, insurance, and the signature confirmation. The $1 per additional coin covers the increased insurance fee.

Mahalo!

Tiki

I was wondering about that. If there was a shipping discount for more than 1. Of course, I was driving back from vacation when the sale started, and just wanted to make sure I got 1. (wife was doing the buying, while I drove!!)

And, yes, I do believe they are irreplaceable, and were a lot of hard work. They look good in the pictures!

I own the Pathtags.com sample collection (one of every tag ever made).

That must be an epic collection! :)

Tiki

18 albums with 390 tags in each :blink:

TMA

You know, its rather unfair of you to taunt the addicts. Seriously dude. ;)

Looking forward to receiving these coins - and the Pathtag mates. Wonderful work. Great process to follow to the end. Thanks for making them.

Edited by GPX Navigators

Just uploaded a short time-lapse view of the coins being pressed. You can see your TikiCoin being born! :blink:

Tiki

In the last 10 seconds or so of the video, there's a pipe with a ...tennis ball? or something on the end of it that some of the frames show you touching. What is this mysterious pipe?!

Just uploaded a short time-lapse view of the coins being pressed. You can see your TikiCoin being born! :blink:

Tiki

In the last 10 seconds or so of the video, there's a pipe with a ...tennis ball? or something on the end of it that some of the frames show you touching. What is this mysterious pipe?!

I'm guessing that that's the handle of a press. I think that Tiki & Mrs. Tiki put the molds in the press and then press them solidly (making sure the clay really gets into the mold properly). I'm also guessing that the tracking info stamp (minus the tracking code) is on the press, so that gets jammed into the clay at the same time (and then the codes are added manually later; you can see Tiki checking off a list later on in the video).

All just conjecture, tho. : )

Tiki

I'm guessing that that's the handle of a press. I think that Tiki & Mrs. Tiki put the molds in the press and then press them solidly (making sure the clay really gets into the mold properly). I'm also guessing that the tracking info stamp (minus the tracking code) is on the press, so that gets jammed into the clay at the same time (and then the codes are added manually later; you can see Tiki checking off a list later on in the video).

What a fantastic video so glad you shared this process with us, Thank You

Just uploaded a short time-lapse view of the coins being pressed. You can see your TikiCoin being born! :lol:

Tiki

I believe the info on the back of the coin is stamped separately, using two different stamps.

I believe the info on the back of the coin is stamped separately, using two different stamps.

Indeed it is! You are correct about the tennis ball pipe being the handle of the tile press. We hang on it with our full body weight to press each coin. After pressing it, we scrape off the extra clay and... well, I've actually described the process in detail for making my non-trackable coins here:

http://www.geotiki.com/claytikicoins/clayt...ns/Process.html

The trackable coins are the same, with the addition of a second stamp for the tracking numbers. Thank you for checking out the video!

Tiki

Edited by tiki

:D maybe one day you may get an urge to resurrect that clay skull coin!

Oh - the skull coin is quite active! You just need to find one that I've dropped in a geocache :P

Left a bunch in Alaska last month, and nobody even commented on them in the logs :lol:

Tiki

Got to drive over the pali to pick up our Tiki coins today. (Sometimes living on the rock has its advantages.) All I can say is that the pictures do not do them justice, they are all way more "colorful" in person, even the backs. And the pathtags are just as adorable as they look. Its fun to own trackable works of art. :unsure:

jrr

667b1af2-5e16-4f6f-ac57-120cf3bb3e77.jpg

Edited by sillygirl & jrr

Got to drive over the pali to pick up our Tiki coins today. (Sometimes living on the rock has its advantages.) All I can say is that the pictures do not do them justice, they are all way more "colorful" in person, even the backs. And the pathtags are just as adorable as they look. Its fun to own trackable works of art. :(

jrr

667b1af2-5e16-4f6f-ac57-120cf3bb3e77.jpg

Schweet! I'll have to visit my PO box a bit more than usual this week to see when mine shows up.

I'm curious if any more Clay Tiki items will be produced.

I've got two tiki items from the GW8 Luau Early Bird event, this will make 3 tiki items within 1 month.

Plus, there's a couple Tiki themed caches up this month near where I live.

It's a sign! :unsure:

Now I just have to figure out what it means. :(

I wonder if John Hiatt is a geocacher.

Edited by DragonsWest

Quick note to say we shipped all the coins ordered over the weekend yesterday, and took all of the monday (and early tuesday) orders to the post office this morning. Thank you so much for your orders - your coins will be arriving soon! :yikes:

Tiki