Dipping Personal Travel Bugs.

Truscott

OK, I need some help.....and yes, I'm an idiot! I started a personal TB to show myself all the caches I had been to. I went back and retro dipped my PTB and got it all caught up. Last week, I took my kids camping and we found a few new caches (new to us!) Anyway, got home and logged our finds...and dipped my PTB. Then I noticed that I had one more find than what my PTB had been to. I went back and figured out which cache I missed...but now I can't get my PTB to log into the cache??? I go to the cache web page, select write a note....but the page does not show my inventory or my PTB so that I can place it in the cache????

What am I doing wrong? (If anybody can tell from the way I type) Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Bill "Truscott"

Hey thanks........LFrank, it shows up in my inventory on my account, but Blue got it!

Thanks Blue, it was an Earthcache! OK, so I'm not an idiot (just a big dummny!)

At least I learned something today! Thanks for the help. Both of ya'll!

Bill "Truscott"

It wouldn't happen to be that Earthcache would it? They, along with webcam caches don't allow bugs to be dropped.

Can you "dip" a geocoin or travel bug into a virtual cache? I have my own climbing travel bug that I want to have dipped in rock climbing destinations around the world that I travel to. I'm in Joshua Tree National Park right now on a climbing trip, and there are only virtual and earth caches within the park boundaries. I'd like to dip my tb in a virtual along with a picture so show it's been here and grab the mileage. Is that OK? Would I log it as a dropped it off, then retrieved it?

It wouldn't happen to be that Earthcache would it? They, along with webcam caches don't allow bugs to be dropped.

Can you "dip" a geocoin or travel bug into a virtual cache? I have my own climbing travel bug that I want to have dipped in rock climbing destinations around the world that I travel to. I'm in Joshua Tree National Park right now on a climbing trip, and there are only virtual and earth caches within the park boundaries. I'd like to dip my tb in a virtual along with a picture so show it's been here and grab the mileage. Is that OK? Would I log it as a dropped it off, then retrieved it?

I have dipped into "Virtual" caches and it logs with no problem.....I learned the hard way, that you can't dip it into Earth caches however! (Dang, I wish we could! Oh well!)

Have fun!

Yes, you log it as dropped off and then retrieve it. Typically you would do the drop along with your cache Found it log. Post a note if you've logged the cache before.

Edited by BlueDeuce