60 Cx mapping and caching

hayndog

I have a 60Cx and just bought streetmaps on CD. I have the original equipment 512Mb micro SD card, how much map can I put on that card, and can I put caches on that card in addition to the map or am I limited to the 500 caches that you can install on the unit?

If both can be put on to the card, any tips on how to do that would be appreciated.

Thanks

Your Cx should hold 1K waypoints.

How much map can you put? That depends on the segments you choose. Use MapSource to select the segments; it will keep a running count so you don't go over. Leave about 3mb space for the customized POIs; my 15K POIs take up 2.09mb.

Becuase the POIs install on the card (use POI Loader to load them up), it won't affect the 1K waypoints. However, you can't mark a POI as found unless you convert it to a reqular waypoint. So, leave some waypoint space open for that possibility.

Customized POIs work with gpx files. GSAK is the best software I know of that easily and effortlessly sets up your gpx files to maximize usage of customized POIs.

Look up a thread about Silly POI Tricks, or something like that.

The amount your device can hold will all depend on how much data is in the quadrant on the map.

Another thing you might try is go get a bigger card... That is if you have a spare $40 hanging around. For a while I did the geo-juggle with maps and waypoints on my 60Cx. Once I finally broke down and purchases an upgrade card it solved all my problems.

The unit will hold up to a 2Gb card. For me it hold the United States maps, my regional Topo maps, and all the waypoints I could ever imagine.

Just my 2 cents

Derrick Perrin

lestgoicon.jpgLets Go Caching - A Video Podcast About Geocaching

Edited by deeperrin